Is a mawshot vore on its own?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Is a mawshot vore on its own?

Postby cassie » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:29 pm

Hey there. Do you consider a mawshot to be "vore" by itself, or does there also need to be someone or something being eaten?
cassie
Somewhat familiar

Re: Is a mawshot vore on its own?

Postby TheKawaiiCommie » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:13 pm

It's vore adjacent content and may involve 'implied vore' depending on framing, but if there's no depiction of a person being consumed or the aftermath, I'd say it's not explicitly vore. A dialog box or other context might change that, but that's like asking if a normal photograph of someone eating dinenr is vore. It's one step removed.
TheKawaiiCommie
Somewhat familiar

Postby GREGOLE » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:16 pm

I'd argue that a mawshot is as much vore on its own as a picture of a person with a big belly. There's a strong implication of vore, even if we don't see the act in its entirety.
GREGOLE
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Septia » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:30 pm

It is if you want it to be.
I am usually available for writing commissions concearning most strange ideas your mind can conjure up.
Yes, even that.
Septia
Somewhat familiar

Postby Mecho » Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:50 pm

Yes and no. But they sure are sexy~
Mecho
---

Postby InDepthLook » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:02 pm

I think if vorish intent is there (like if it's a mawshot by a vore artist meant for a vore audience) then it's technically vore, lol. Like there's a difference between drawing a maw shot for vore purposes and drawing one to show off a character's teeth, yk? I think its the intent that matter.
InDepthLook
Been posting for a bit

Postby Eka » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:38 pm

We have a Maw shot forum for exactly this reason. To specifies that they are considered vore for this site purpose.

In reality, no one makes "the rules" for vore, vore isn't a technical specification. Consensus strongly in favor of it being vore. So, it is vore.
Eka
Administrator

Postby skorm » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:39 pm

Last edited by skorm on Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
skorm
Somewhat familiar

Postby XDDX » Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:14 pm

It is what you want it to be. I don't think there is a set of rules anybody follows on how to define vore.

If there are scientific papers about it, they'll probably say something like oral fixation and mouth fetish and call it tangentally aligned but many many things are.
XDDX
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby jaggedjagd » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:43 am

Is a kiss sex? Most would argue no, but it can lead to it and it can be part of it. To some it's a turn-on, to some not. I feel about mawshots that way, it's very dependant on the context.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Assimilation » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:43 am

CassieHuntress wrote:Hey there. Do you consider a mawshot to be "vore" by itself, or does there also need to be someone or something being eaten?

Would I say a picture of a maw depicts vore? No.

Would I say it is suggestive of vore and has a place within galleries depicting vore? Yes.

Are you trying to get the general take? You could set up a poll. Or if you're asking because there's a specific factor that makes you personally unsure or in disagreement with popular opinion, I'd entreat you to simply voice that thing that holds you back.
Assimilation
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby cassie » Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:08 pm

Assimilation wrote:Are you trying to get the general take? You could set up a poll. Or if you're asking because there's a specific factor that makes you personally unsure or in disagreement with popular opinion, I'd entreat you to simply voice that thing that holds you back.

OK. My critical reason for asking is to know if I should tag my mawshots as non-vore when I upload them to the gallery.
cassie
Somewhat familiar

Return to General Vore Discussion