How might prey "seduce" a reluctant pred into eating them?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

How might prey "seduce" a reluctant pred into eating them?

Postby Miridium » Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:10 am

This popped into my head while I was at work and I just had to type it out.

So let's say the prey wants to be eaten by a certain potential pred. But the pred is reluctant at best. How might they prey "seduce" the pred so that the latter ends up wanting to eat the former? Maybe the prey could cover themselves in something tasty like chocolate or bbq sauce? Or maybe make themselves smell delicious?

What are your thoughts?
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: How might prey "seduce" a reluctant pred into eating the

Postby EloquentOrc » Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:58 am

Well, I would say that depends on the pred and their reasons for not wanting to indulge in vore.

It could be for practical reasons. Are they trying to lose weight? Is there stigma against preds? Do they not find the prey appetizing?

Or idealogical/emotional reasons. Do they find it immoral to kill someone for a meal? Do they not want to lose the relationship with the prey?

Or countless other reasons, why a pred doesn't want to eat someone.

The way I see it there a two general ways the prey can go about it:
1) The prey can try to resolve the pred's issue(s), so there no longer any obstacles. '
Ex. the classic "You won't lose me, I will become part of you and we will always be together."

2) Or the prey can simply tempt/trick the pred until they are unable to resist and gives in, eating the prey.
Like your suggestions, making themselves too appetizing for the pred to resist, depsite their reasons.

Overall, it is about the characters and their motivations.
EloquentOrc
Somewhat familiar

Postby VoraciousSincerity » Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:31 am

One story with a reluctant pred I read had the predator not want to eat others for moral reasons, and the "seduction" was essentially teasing them about how tasty the prey would be, how good they'd feel stuffed into their stomach, and when they start to get hungry, how well that would satisfy them.
VoraciousSincerity
Been posting for a bit

Postby randomthefox » Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:43 pm

randomthefox
Somewhat familiar

Postby skorm » Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:00 pm

Last edited by skorm on Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
skorm
Somewhat familiar

Postby Flatheaddog » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:55 am

I tend to take a tsundere approach, with my prey proclaiming they can't be eaten or that the pred would never/could never digest them in an attempt to goad them. This would be combined with no so stumble hints and attempts to overwhelm a pred's sense of hunger (like mentioning how tasty they are, or being naked around them, pretending to accidentally cover themselves in food, etc.)
Flatheaddog
Been posting for a bit

Postby RoTheHuman » Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:14 am

I agree that there are a lot of ways to tease a pred, and it depends on the situation.

My favorites though are getting into heartfelt philosophical discussions with a pred that's resolved not to eat anything sapient by going into what it means for an intelligent person to decide to be eaten, how it's all consensual, it's what both parties truly want, and things of a deep nature like that.

Or more silly and cartoonish things like the prey wiggling their bottom at the pred, talking about how tasty they are, covering themselves in the pred's favorite sauce, and things like that. :D
RoTheHuman
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ixtili » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:26 pm

It depends but if it were one of my preds it'd probably be reluctance to show the prey that side of themselves. So if the prey could convince the pred they truly wanted it and could handle it. Then that would be enough.
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby alockwood1 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:46 am

Well, I can think of a few reasons, and methods. Personally, I'm more into Non-fatal Willing types of scenarios, as I can see that as a big wet sloppy kiss-hug thing, But I do have a couple of Reluctant Predators, and might make some more.

"Their First Time" is set in a world were humans co-exist with Lizardfolk, who are allowed to eat humans, but must follow certain laws, one of which being, "You eat them, you pay their debts." It follows a Lizard-lady that's a collage student and custodial worker for a hospital. She gets a call from a childhood friend of hers, who has been dealing with cancer for several years. Friend asks them to help them end their suffering. Lizard points out the law, and how she's barely getting by. Friend points out that he's well off, and that eating him would be a net gain for her - several million dollars (shall we say) worth. Lizard is worried that it sounds like Murder for Hire. Friend points out that it is legal, if she's his Designated Predator, and that he'd made his Final Decision. He then has one Last Favor for her - make the next 24 hours the best they've ever had. It's rather bittersweet.

Then there's "A Hard Choice", where an injured werewolf soldier needs a certain amount of meat in order to heal up from their injuries, to potentially save their allies, and a bunch of innocents, from a sniper that's also armed with an rpg launcher, whom has killed the werewolf's human partner. They then hear a voice, stating that they know where that amount of meat is - the werewolf looks, and sees the ghost/hallucination of their dead partner, standing by the body. The werewolf tries to refuse, because he respects his partner, as a friend, and doesn't want to eat him. The dead partner has to convince him to do it, or else the others are dead, because he's the only one who could potentially take the sniper out, without unnecessary loss of life.

I might come up with other reluctant predators in the future, who will probably be around those lines.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Morkeleb » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:32 pm

Get em drunk
Morkeleb
Somewhat familiar

Postby alockwood1 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:15 pm

Morkeleb wrote:Get em drunk

Lol - great way for the predator to hate the prey -

"How dare you make me fat!"
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby skorm » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:38 am

Last edited by skorm on Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
skorm
Somewhat familiar

Postby alockwood1 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:59 pm

alockwood1 wrote:
Morkeleb wrote:Get em drunk

Lol - great way for the predator to hate the prey -

"How dare you make me fat!"

skorm wrote:Well the brilliance of that is mission accomplished lol

Funny.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby N-Mario » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:59 pm

This sounds like a neat idea. Though in my case, I would only "seduce" a predator to eat me if there was any chance of survival. For example, they could just held me in the mouth, carry me toward an uncharted island in their belly or something. It would also depend on what predator we are talking about. I would love to have either a giant fish, whale, or a dolphin take me.

As for the "seduce" part, I imagine a reverse Kaa scenario where the pred does the hypnotizing or something? Though I would not go as far as hypnotizing my best vore buddy. I would either ask them for the okay if they wanted to eat me, or do something in a way they would enjoy having me inside them. :)
I'm a dolphin that prefers devouring my best buddy.
He loves to be eaten by me. I don't mind that at all.
N-Mario
---

Postby alockwood1 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:39 pm

N-Mario wrote:This sounds like a neat idea. Though in my case, I would only "seduce" a predator to eat me if there was any chance of survival. For example, they could just held me in the mouth, carry me toward an uncharted island in their belly or something. It would also depend on what predator we are talking about. I would love to have either a giant fish, whale, or a dolphin take me.

As for the "seduce" part, I imagine a reverse Kaa scenario where the pred does the hypnotizing or something? Though I would not go as far as hypnotizing my best vore buddy. I would either ask them for the okay if they wanted to eat me, or do something in a way they would enjoy having me inside them. :)

I prefer non-fatal scenarios myself.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Brainfood » Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:48 am

I think in vore, it's dependent pretty strictly on context. Is it a "vore is normal" setting or a "vore is murder, the law of nature, or at best a form of mercy killing" setting?
It sounds like you're going for the former, in which case it's more like, is the reluctance because they don't like the prey enough to enjoy it, or is because they like them too much to kill them, assuming you're not talking about a reformation setting?
Finding out their favorite food and associating it with them in some way sounds interesting. Maybe they find out someone likes a certain flavor and then wears the scent as part of their soap/shampoo (I've thought the idea of stomach-friendly personal hygiene products in vore settings is fun for a while)? Maybe they do something really direct and bratty like ruin their lunch or dinner, or poke fun at them at a time they knew they're really hungry?
Brainfood
Somewhat familiar

Postby alockwood1 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:29 pm

Brainfood wrote:I think in vore, it's dependent pretty strictly on context. Is it a "vore is normal" setting or a "vore is murder, the law of nature, or at best a form of mercy killing" setting?
It sounds like you're going for the former, in which case it's more like, is the reluctance because they don't like the prey enough to enjoy it, or is because they like them too much to kill them, assuming you're not talking about a reformation setting?
Finding out their favorite food and associating it with them in some way sounds interesting. Maybe they find out someone likes a certain flavor and then wears the scent as part of their soap/shampoo (I've thought the idea of stomach-friendly personal hygiene products in vore settings is fun for a while)? Maybe they do something really direct and bratty like ruin their lunch or dinner, or poke fun at them at a time they knew they're really hungry?

Personally, I like using non-fatal scenarios, but scent could be part of it. In one interactive I add to, a guy drank a potion, and now he smells like bacon, which his cat anthro date finds to be delicious.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Filan » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:02 am

one of my weirder ideas is being eaten as a "cost" for letting them have other fantasies. Being I am only Macro/Micro my thought is a biiig pred or pred couple wants to use someone they shrunk or are naturally way bigger than for kinky activities and the prey claiming they will only agree to this if one of them is willing to consume them with dinner(because food makes things fun). Maybe even have the prey surprised when they agree because they expect the pair to see the idea as a freak. instead the couple takes them up on the offer.
Elven Captain and Owner of the S.S. Hyperion, Hyperion Class Airship Luxury Liner Converted to Cargo hauler
Finest ship to fly the skies of Earth
Filan
???

Return to General Vore Discussion