CattyQuest Chapter 1! (FIXED!)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: CattyQuest Chapter 1! (FIXED!)

Postby NekoYuki » Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:12 pm

TheEvilWithin wrote:1 Found a bug: if you lose to the albino lizard and get eaten, when the screen dissolve to black, it stays even when you respawn, making it impossible to continue playing being blind.
2 You can't eat Liam yet, right? The conversation with him just end with Catty saying that she is hungry.
3 Not sure if intended or not, but on the left of the witch hut, there's a sorta secret dark corridor you can traverse which however stop just right of a plain path on the far nort-west. So the road effectively leads nowhere.
4 If you re-enter the main hall after Aria joined the party, her sprite will still be on the chair.
5 After I got the albino scale, is there something I have to do with it or that's it for now?
6 Can I do something with the creepy doll?

I can confirm 2,
3 it seems liek a secret passage, but the enterence on the other side isn't passable, needs fixing?
6. I'm assuming you're meant to be able to sleep in the room above, but can't?

also to add a 7, after "giving back" the helmet, it stays in your inventory.
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby anirishnirvana » Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:35 pm

Natolin wrote:Number of vore scenes currently:
Spoiler: show
1 female pred player prey
1 feral pred player prey
1 male prey female player pred
3 female pred player prey
1 female pred unknown prey (implied)

Got female pred / player prey twice here for some reason.

I have found:
1 female pred > player;
1 feral pred > player
1 player > male prey
1 player > feral prey
1 player > female prey
1 female pred > unknown

Don't know what I've missed
anirishnirvana
Somewhat familiar

Postby NetoBurrito » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:51 pm

Played and it looks great! Feels very Nyan Adventures which is always a good thing as I loved playing that style of game. Looking forward to more updates in the future. :-D
NetoBurrito
Been posting for a bit

Postby Natolin » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:17 pm

TheEvilWithin wrote:1 Found a bug: if you lose to the albino lizard and get eaten, when the screen dissolve to black, it stays even when you respawn, making it impossible to continue playing being blind.
2 You can't eat Liam yet, right? The conversation with him just end with Catty saying that she is hungry.
3 Not sure if intended or not, but on the left of the witch hut, there's a sorta secret dark corridor you can traverse which however stop just right of a plain path on the far nort-west. So the road effectively leads nowhere.
4 If you re-enter the main hall after Aria joined the party, her sprite will still be on the chair.
5 After I got the albino scale, is there something I have to do with it or that's it for now?

Thanks a ton for bug testing round 2 xD

1. VERY much a bug… gawd dammit >.<‘

2.) Yeah you can’t. I was flipflopping on if you could but I honestly just didn’t know how to write it in a way that wasn’t really lame so I kinda just made her tease the shit outta him

3.) That’s… definitely a bug. There’s supposed to be a warp to the credits area there >.<
4.) D’OH
5.) You can bring it to the mayor and he says like “hey good job now go south” and the south bridge is collapsed (AKA: that’s the end for now lol)
6.) Later on yes, for now it’s just a weird creepy easteregg thing
I'm a thot who feeds off attention... so tell me whatcha think of my stuff! Also I have a DA account :D https://www.deviantart.com/natolinnn2
Natolin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dimalad » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:59 pm

Hello! So far the game is great <3 I love how much it feels like Nyan Adventures :-D I'll definitely follow the progress of this game! All the scenes have been great with the standouts being the Forest Lamia for being Prey and the Bottom Building Guy for being the pred <3

I have found one bug which hasn't been mentioned and I only found it because I loved the scene xd I have scat turned on as that's one of my favorite aspects with vore :D So thank you for adding it <3 So for the Bug you need to Lose the fight with the Lamia, watch the scene and then once you respawn, lose the fight with the lamia again and the scat from the previous encounter remains filling up the hole and you can't use the hole again, So its rare that you would encounter it as you would need to replay the scene and it can be worked around easily by saving before the first lost but I'm just letting you it exists <3

And a question for the future, as this is inspired from Nyan adventures, are you going to have a similar method for tracking the vore scenes you find and maybe even having someone tell you about the ones you missed?

Again great job so far with the game! It has so much promise :D
Dimalad
New to the forum

Postby ArtaxIsSleeping » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:49 pm

Bugs:
  • The inn sign cannot be interacted with.
  • The inn door is missing until you visit the Town Hall.
  • Not a bug: there is no indication from inside the Town Hall of where the exit door is. This shows up in several interiors, such as the witch hut.
  • When eating the secretary, you get "The secretary's eyes dart down towards [n]'s rumbling, exposed midriff." I assume [n] is supposed to be the player name.
  • Similarly, when you finish digesting the secretary you get "...the end of her journey through n[1]'s digestive tract."
  • When disposing of the secretary, the lines "Thanks a lot for reminding me what eating huma--" and "Hope you enjoy your new life, both feedi--" are cut off by the edge of the dialogue box. This happens in several places.
  • After eating the secretary, you can still interact with her chair to talk to her like before.
  • Not necessarily a bug: after eating the secretary Rita will refuse to leave by the door, since the receptionist would see her on the way out, and climbs out the window instead. Despite this, you can enter by the front door immediately after and talk directly to the receptionist without comment or protest.
  • Definitely a bug: if you do the above, the secretary will be back at her desk and in your stomach, and entering her room while digesting her will play the "I can't leave that way" text.
  • While digesting the secretary, the text "Rita feels the girl inside of her belly go limp" can play multiple times.
  • After being digested by the lamia, interacting with the "merchant" causes it to temporarily transform into a fairy when it looks at you.
  • The chest in the albino lizard's lair changes appearance when opened.
  • Talking to the mayor after defeating the lizard loops the entire conversation three times before he gives you the writ.
ArtaxIsSleeping
New to the forum

Postby RumiBelly » Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:06 am

Well, I was about to report a full list of bugs, but it seems they were just posted.
There is one I don't see on the list though: In Bone Zone's Secret Sex Dungeon the shelves and hole in the wall allow you to walk on them and through them to get out of bounds into the wall.
This really does feel like a spiritual successor to Nyan Adventures; I greatly enjoyed watching and iteratively playing that game since it's start, and I hope to get to do the same here. Keep at it, this is a strong start.
RumiBelly
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheEvilWithin » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:08 am

Natolin wrote:

Thanks a ton for bug testing round 2 xD

1. VERY much a bug… gawd dammit >.<‘

2.) Yeah you can’t. I was flipflopping on if you could but I honestly just didn’t know how to write it in a way that wasn’t really lame so I kinda just made her tease the shit outta him

3.) That’s… definitely a bug. There’s supposed to be a warp to the credits area there >.<
4.) D’OH
5.) You can bring it to the mayor and he says like “hey good job now go south” and the south bridge is collapsed (AKA: that’s the end for now lol)
6.) Later on yes, for now it’s just a weird creepy easteregg thing

For point 2, you could write it as Liam feeding himself to Catty, since there are no willing preys yet.
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Nikkidafox » Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:13 pm

Well it is certainly VERY inspired by Nyan Adventures, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I mean Nyan Adventures is probably my favorite vore game of all time, and a huge inspiration for my own behavior as pred/prey. I hope eventually the Nee, I mean Rita, can get her own art! And I really hope you continue development and don't just abandon this!
Nikkidafox
Participator

Postby TheBlindSalmon » Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:27 pm

I can't seem to get into the Inn - getting the "don't think she'd be in there" dialogue even after getting Aria with me.
TheBlindSalmon
Been posting for a bit

Postby anirishnirvana » Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:49 pm

TheBlindSalmon wrote:I can't seem to get into the Inn - getting the "don't think she'd be in there" dialogue even after getting Aria with me.

The inn unlocks after getting Aria for more. It has no door beforehand, then door afterwards
anirishnirvana
Somewhat familiar

Postby Natolin » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:28 am

TheBlindSalmon wrote:I can't seem to get into the Inn - getting the "don't think she'd be in there" dialogue even after getting Aria with me.

Try redownloading it, you might've got the verison that was inbetween me fixing things that happened to break even more things lol
I'm a thot who feeds off attention... so tell me whatcha think of my stuff! Also I have a DA account :D https://www.deviantart.com/natolinnn2
Natolin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby umakeisee » Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:15 pm

It was pretty good. My only complaint is the lack of pred content. Right now, all we get is a rat. I feel like the forest lamia should have been edible.
Artist previously known as yourface5672.
umakeisee
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TheEvilWithin » Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:13 pm

umakeisee wrote:It was pretty good. My only complaint is the lack of pred content. Right now, all we get is a rat. I feel like the forest lamia should have been edible.

You can eat the mayor's secretary and the asshole dude that live in the south west house.
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ThisUserIsFake » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:38 am

So excited for this. Nyan Adventures easily makes it's way into my favorite games of all time, not even just vore related games. So far this reeks of "similar to but legally distinct from" in all the right ways!
ThisUserIsFake
Been posting for a bit

Postby Natolin » Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:09 pm

ThisUserIsFake wrote:So excited for this. Nyan Adventures easily makes it's way into my favorite games of all time, not even just vore related games. So far this reeks of "similar to but legally distinct from" in all the right ways!

Yay! I’m glad people are excited for this project ^-^ I’m already a decent ways into chapter 2, I’ve got the main map fully created and the story (sorta) down. I still need to design many of the characters and, most importantly, implement the Vore scenes, but it’s comin along ^-^
Natolin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 33defence » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:42 pm

I was wondering if there was any continuation with the doll? I talked to them, but don't know of any way to actually follow the instructions.
33defence
Been posting for a bit

Postby Natolin » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:18 pm

33defence wrote:I was wondering if there was any continuation with the doll? I talked to them, but don't know of any way to actually follow the instructions.

There is not as of yet. For now its kinda just a creepy little easter egg thing. At some point though... 8O
Natolin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby culeme » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:43 am

I feel like I'm missing some scenes?

I've found:

1 female pred player prey (the Lamia)
1 feral pred player prey (the albino lizard)
1 male prey female player pred (the jerk guy at the corner house)

but there's apparently
3 female pred player prey

that I can't seem to find?
culeme
New to the forum

Postby Halcyon » Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:59 pm

Finally got around to giving it a try :p if you don't mind, here's some thoughts I had while playing:

Some Observations:
-Thanks for the shout-out in the opening!
-I dig the pokemon BGM!
-Rita is super cute, and I love her personality.
-The burp sound when Rita swallowed the rat was a little funny-sounding :lol:
-I like the use of the different sized-fonts to show the adjustments in tone. Very cute!
-I couldn't figure out what to do with the doll; not sure if that's implemented or not yet
-The portrait of the witch was unexpected and very nice
-The lamia scene was very nice, and I very much like your incorporation of Aria into the scene
-I wasn't sure what to do after beating the lizard. I wasn't sure if this was the end of playable content, or maybe I just missed the next part of the quest, but here's where I left off.

Some Suggestions:
-In most scenes, the music is relatively quiet compared to the sound effects. Personally I would like the BGM to be a little louder or the SFX to be quieter, but that may just be my personal preference.
-The exit from the town hall is not really that obvious. I suggest making it a little more obvious, maybe we a doormat on top of the carpet or something.
-Same with the forest witch's hut
-When you talk to the receptionist at the town hall, she turns to face you. You can prevent that by locking the direction she's facing (though I forget the exact name of the setting it's been a while lol).
-In the forest, Aria says "As long as you can keep them out of your menu," but I think "off of your menu" would be better.

Some Possible bugs/errors I noticed:
-The door leading out of the Baroness's room at the inn doesn't open automatically like other doors, and has to be manually activated.
-Some sentences when you interact with the doll don't have punctuation.
-Description of the inn's toilet and the result from the ensuing menu are also missing punctuation.
-In the Secretary digestion dialogue, the sentence starting with "Rita's body has taken what it needed..." is also missing punctuation.
-The description for "double swipe" is cut off in the skill menu.
-Interacting with the holes in the forest seem to cause Rita to poop next to them instead of in them :lol:
-Some of the text in the lamia vore scene was cut off
-At the end of the lizard fight, Aria's dialogue is cut off
-The treasure chest in the lizard's grotto changes after you open it

Very nice work so far :) looking forward to playing more of it later!
Halcyon
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game