CattyQuest Chapter 1! (FIXED!)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: CattyQuest Chapter 1! (FIXED!)

Postby The_Prof » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:10 am

you have been blessed by a post from the weird catgirl guy, you are quite lucky
Evil genius, lover of catgirls, and tricking people into getting eaten is my game!
The_Prof
???

Postby TheEvilWithin » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:53 pm

When can we expect the next update to come out?
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Natolin » Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:38 pm

Halcyon wrote:Finally got around to giving it a try :p if you don't mind, here's some thoughts I had while playing:

Some Observations:
-Thanks for the shout-out in the opening!
-I dig the pokemon BGM!
-Rita is super cute, and I love her personality.
-The burp sound when Rita swallowed the rat was a little funny-sounding :lol:
-I like the use of the different sized-fonts to show the adjustments in tone. Very cute!
-I couldn't figure out what to do with the doll; not sure if that's implemented or not yet
-The portrait of the witch was unexpected and very nice
-The lamia scene was very nice, and I very much like your incorporation of Aria into the scene
-I wasn't sure what to do after beating the lizard. I wasn't sure if this was the end of playable content, or maybe I just missed the next part of the quest, but here's where I left off.

Well howdy howdy howdy!! ^-^ I'm super glad to hear you liked it! :D As you, know you played a massive inspiration behind the development of this little demo chapter, so I'm super glad you enjoyed!! ^-^ I'll definitely take those observations to mind when writing the next chapter :3
And yes, the lizard was the end of the chapter for now (well you can speak to the mayor and he says "ok now go to the next town" and the bridge is down, but thats basically the end)
And the doll also wasn't finished... FOR NOW MWAHAHAHAHA

Halcyon wrote:Some Suggestions:
-In most scenes, the music is relatively quiet compared to the sound effects. Personally I would like the BGM to be a little louder or the SFX to be quieter, but that may just be my personal preference.

Uhhh... yeah... I learned that after making that scene and forgot to fix that >.< fixed already :P

Halcyon wrote:Some Possible bugs/errors I noticed:
-The door leading out of the Baroness's room at the inn doesn't open automatically like other doors, and has to be manually activated.
-Some sentences when you interact with the doll don't have punctuation.
-Description of the inn's toilet and the result from the ensuing menu are also missing punctuation.
-In the Secretary digestion dialogue, the sentence starting with "Rita's body has taken what it needed..." is also missing punctuation.
-The description for "double swipe" is cut off in the skill menu.
-Interacting with the holes in the forest seem to cause Rita to poop next to them instead of in them :lol:
-Some of the text in the lamia vore scene was cut off
-At the end of the lizard fight, Aria's dialogue is cut off
-The treasure chest in the lizard's grotto changes after you open it

Oopsie poopsie. Gonna fix these now too xD
The_Prof wrote:you have been blessed by a post from the weird catgirl guy, you are quite lucky

Indeed. I am honored by a visit of the weird catgirl guy as well as the "weird catgirl guy" guy
TheEvilWithin wrote:When can we expect the next update to come out?

I can't say for certain. Since the first chapter I now have two jobs to work my life around. This chapter is also going to be notably longer than the first. It took me a few weeks to finish the map of Arkala town and the introduction of the league etc etc, which *hopefully* was the hardest part.
I would expect a mid january release, but I can't guarantee that. I might end up making a patreon just to better justify the amount of time I'm spending on this lol (plus to buy some custom sprites because you can probably tell which ones are edits from me lol)
I'm a thot who feeds off attention... so tell me whatcha think of my stuff! Also I have a DA account :D https://www.deviantart.com/natolinnn2
Natolin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Iwillremember » Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:09 pm

For some reason, idk why anyone else is mentioning it other than it is only affecting me, the family heirloom questline isn't working properly. As soon as I return with the helmet, the jerk is indigestible and the quest giver refuses to talk to me. I tried making a new save and doing the quest asap, but it still acts the same way.

EDIT: I just figured out that walking outside the family home, then immediately walking back in then approaching the man lets it play out normally.
Iwillremember
New to the forum

Postby theonlymatt » Sun Dec 25, 2022 1:56 am

Is the tree bark findable? I'm looking all over for it but can't find it. I'm on mobile though, so that might be breaking it.
theonlymatt
Somewhat familiar

Postby daeway » Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:46 am

Where is the tree bark for the witch?
daeway
Participator

Postby Natolin » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:03 pm

theonlymatt wrote:Is the tree bark findable? I'm looking all over for it but can't find it. I'm on mobile though, so that might be breaking it.
daeway wrote:Where is the tree bark for the witch?

I’m really sorry!! I thought I mentioned the tree bark in game but I think I put it in a spoiler in the original post actually.
For those wondering the tree bark is not in this update because I literally couldn’t think of a fitting reward for it. It will be either in chapter 2 or 3.

Speaking of which, progress is coming along, it’s slow, but it’s there. I didn’t expect it would be this much of a time commitment but I’m pushing along!

I’d say I’m roughly 40% finished, but that’s dependent on how much I want to add. I’m considering making a patreon to justify the amount of time I’m spending on this project, what would you guys think? Is that ‘selling out’?
Note that I will never paywall content. A patreon would most likely be early access, adding to the credits room, custom scenes involving their characters, and things like that.

And to prove I’m still working on it, here’s a few faces you might see in chapter 2…
Spoiler: show
48058BE6-5D84-4CE1-A765-8364B4B99536.png
47B2FBD9-444C-4979-BA98-456963F6BB08.png
64DA7FBC-A070-4E76-B524-6EB63740C971.png
I'm a thot who feeds off attention... so tell me whatcha think of my stuff! Also I have a DA account :D https://www.deviantart.com/natolinnn2
Natolin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby daeway » Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:16 am

Sry. Should've read your initial post better.
I wouldn't have asked if I only knew.
^^;
daeway
Participator

Postby LonerImortal » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:02 am

So far it's really good and has a lot of potential.
some bogs here and thele like some texts overlaping the textbox and some "climbable" walls, but nothing really gamebreaking and so far really enjoyable .. altrough I miss the regular enemy fighting song that is replaced by the lizard bossfight theme (most likely a bug tho)
I already noticed you want to keep the scenes replayable like the Lamia defeat not being a instant "gameover" and "go to tittle screen" stuff (very much apreciated) and the secretary scene, so the only thing I would like to sugest is to make the "Jerk neighbor" vore scene repeatable in some way, something similar to the little "sparks" you put to replay the Lizard bossfight, but just to rewatch the scene in general (and it can be useful for other future scenes too) but that's pretty much all.
you did great here and I'm looking foraward to what else you are gonna do :^D
LonerImortal
Been posting for a bit

Postby Natolin » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:01 pm

LonerImortal wrote:So far it's really good and has a lot of potential.
some bogs here and thele like some texts overlaping the textbox and some "climbable" walls, but nothing really gamebreaking and so far really enjoyable .. altrough I miss the regular enemy fighting song that is replaced by the lizard bossfight theme (most likely a bug tho)
I already noticed you want to keep the scenes replayable like the Lamia defeat not being a instant "gameover" and "go to tittle screen" stuff (very much apreciated) and the secretary scene, so the only thing I would like to sugest is to make the "Jerk neighbor" vore scene repeatable in some way, something similar to the little "sparks" you put to replay the Lizard bossfight, but just to rewatch the scene in general (and it can be useful for other future scenes too) but that's pretty much all.
you did great here and I'm looking foraward to what else you are gonna do :^D

Thanks so much!!!! Sorry for the late reply >.<
That scene was actually *supposed* to be replayable like that... I just forgot to put the right toggle for it >.< My bad, should be fixed when i release the next update :P :P Alongside the other things you said, but very glad ya enjoy the game!!! :D

Also mid february may have been a bit generous... I could release it now, but it really just contains a lot of character introductions and a few vore scenes, so I'll probably hold out and wait until the next city's storyline is complete before posting the new update. Realistically chapter 2 is already done, but its kind of underwhelming, so chapters 2 and 3 (which is the real meat of new locations and story and vorey and all that jazz) will come out at the same time I think ^-^
Natolin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nomnomvore » Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:00 am

Looking forward to more of it~ A few bugs but nothing major, think you stomped on a lot of them. Will there ever be Rita being willing prey? I mean if the Lamia lady just asked...
nomnomvore
Been posting for a bit

Postby Natolin » Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:34 am

nomnomvore wrote:Looking forward to more of it~ A few bugs but nothing major, think you stomped on a lot of them. Will there ever be Rita being willing prey? I mean if the Lamia lady just asked...

Glad to hear it!~ ^-^

I could perhaps add some willing prey (player prey) scenes! :D Although it would likely be under the pretense of some kind of possession or hypnosis, because as a predator she kinda knows what happens to prey after they're eaten ;p
Natolin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 133540 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:58 am

Good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
New to the forum

Postby Natolin » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:18 am

133540 wrote:Good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! ^-^

Btw, project isn't dead!! :D :D :D Although I decided I'm gonna roll chapters 2 and 3 into one update just because the chapter 2 I was originally making was way too long and I ended up splitting it in half. Not that it really matters beyond semantics, but the next update you'll get:
-2 new cities
-at least one dungeon
-two or three sidequests
-more characters than you can shake a stick at
-a (hopefully) improved combat system
-one ambitious catgirl
-the completion of the witch quest in chapter 1
And, obviously,
-a slew of new vore scenes and ways to eat or be eaten!! :D

So uhh... get excited for that if ya want :3
Natolin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TheEvilWithin » Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:44 pm

Natolin wrote:

Thanks! ^-^

Btw, project isn't dead!! :D :D :D Although I decided I'm gonna roll chapters 2 and 3 into one update just because the chapter 2 I was originally making was way too long and I ended up splitting it in half. Not that it really matters beyond semantics, but the next update you'll get:
-2 new cities
-at least one dungeon
-two or three sidequests
-one ambitious catgirl
And, obviously,

Can we hope for an update before the end of the month or we wait for more?
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Natolin » Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:39 pm

TheEvilWithin wrote:
Natolin wrote:

Thanks! ^-^

-2 new cities
-at least one dungeon
-two or three sidequests
-one ambitious catgirl
And, obviously,

Can we hope for an update before the end of the month or we wait for more?

Probably not? I have a pretty big irl thing coming in that's going to use up the last few days of March. I can try to have it done, but I can definitely not guarantee a release during March and I would advise you not to expect it, I'm sorry ;-;
Natolin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NetoBurrito » Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:44 pm

Natolin wrote:

Thanks! ^-^

-2 new cities
-at least one dungeon
-two or three sidequests
-one ambitious catgirl
And, obviously,

Sounds great and can't wait for this! No rush and take your time as I thoroughly enjoyed your first chapter :D
NetoBurrito
Been posting for a bit

Postby Natolin » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:45 am

Actually! I have a question for you guys about the game's progress going forward.

It's a poll, basically just asking: Would you prefer more frequent updates with less content, or less frequent bigger updates?

https://strawpoll.com/polls/BDyNE9GP7ZR
Natolin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TheEvilWithin » Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:11 pm

Natolin wrote:Actually! I have a question for you guys about the game's progress going forward.

It's a poll, basically just asking: Would you prefer more frequent updates with less content, or less frequent bigger updates?

https://strawpoll.com/polls/BDyNE9GP7ZR

Depend on what you mean by less and more content. Like if less means like 3 vore scenes no. But if it means like 5-6 scenes then sure.
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ketchup » Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:15 pm

Honestly I’d say do whatever works best for you and your work style. You’re doing this for free right now, so you really shouldn’t feel obligated to us at all. I just appreciate that this game exist all and that it’s not dead.
ketchup
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game