It's a Gluttonous Life - a0.38.0 (public), a0.39.2 (Patreon)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: It's a Gluttonous Life - a0.24.1 (public), a0.25.1 (Patr

Postby Flurby » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:54 am

I actually started messing about with a dynamic system, off and on a while back. Problem is I'm pulled in too many directions right now and am getting nothing done.

The best way to go truly dynamic would be to rewrite everything in python and go object oriented. That removes the cap entirely, and makes adding characters as simple as adding their file to a mods folder and restarting.

As far as which slots are available, I'm aware of 8 mods right now in dev fighting over the last 4 slots, with 4 people trying to use slot 10, so I mean at this exact moment I dont know which one to tell people to use.

And yeah, I need to write a guide on how to create custom characters @Katar. For now contact me on discord, because the problem isnt immediately evident to me in your traceback. Flurby#6204
Flurby
Participator

Postby Darkonnocturna » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:55 am

Are there other scenes with Elaine besides the basic drinking and shower scenes? Just asking
Darkonnocturna
Been posting for a bit

Postby Morphy » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:38 am

Darkonnocturna wrote:Are there other scenes with Elaine besides the basic drinking and shower scenes? Just asking

Should be one for the bed if you get lucky? Not sure what the conditions are beyond friendly enough to sleep in her bed during the night.

And there's always a scene if you have a peptic packet; ask about vore then ask to get eaten. I think if you have high enough stats (Voreaphilia), you don't need the packet???

I've also never purposefully gotten characters mad at me so I dunno if she might eat you on the spot or out of spite-- this is besides not restocking the kitchen or not paying rent.
Morphy
Somewhat familiar

Postby LutherCage » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:43 pm

Flurby wrote:I actually started messing about with a dynamic system, off and on a while back. Problem is I'm pulled in too many directions right now and am getting nothing done.

The best way to go truly dynamic would be to rewrite everything in python and go object oriented. That removes the cap entirely, and makes adding characters as simple as adding their file to a mods folder and restarting.

As far as which slots are available, I'm aware of 8 mods right now in dev fighting over the last 4 slots, with 4 people trying to use slot 10, so I mean at this exact moment I dont know which one to tell people to use.

And yeah, I need to write a guide on how to create custom characters @Katar. For now contact me on discord, because the problem isnt immediately evident to me in your traceback. Flurby#6204

To add to the difficulty on adding new mod characters, most of the modded character slots are hard coded within the game. The game currently looks at values or situations on which stats the game will need to review, who is the current predator the player is talking to or being within, and knowing their set schedules isn't easy on making a modded character to add and drop within its current state of the game. This information currently isn't modular enough to allow any character to be created and used at will.

Only best course of action to take when playing a new modded character is to make a backup of the unmodded game before using mods. Mainly because the modded scripts could effect previous playthroughs which could ruin certain parts of the game (IE: Saving the game while being with a modded character's belly and replacing that character so they don't exist).
LutherCage
Been posting for a bit

Postby Cilis » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:18 pm

I'd suggest new scenes using the different car choices as a jumping off point. You'd need something that would accommodate a giraffe or a hippo for example, to take them on a date. So which car you have will influence being able to take a character out.
Cilis
Participator

Postby Flurby » Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:12 am

Darkonnocturna wrote:Are there other scenes with Elaine besides the basic drinking and shower scenes? Just asking

Basic drinking can lead to vore, phone number, and nothing, depending on a lot.

There's shower vore and shower sex. Shower sex can happen instead of vore if you have 70% or more relationship OR have had sex with her before and your relationship is anywhere in the green. Just making sure those two are differentiated.

Morphy wrote:Should be one for the bed if you get lucky? Not sure what the conditions are beyond friendly enough to sleep in her bed during the night.

Fortunately I am. Just like the shower, you need 70% or more relationship with her OR to have had sex with her before and have your relationship anywhere in the green. If either condition is true you have a 1 in 5 chance to get lucky. (There is a cooldown on this too, you cant get lucky two nights in a row for example.

Morphy wrote:And there's always a scene if you have a peptic packet; ask about vore then ask to get eaten. I think if you have high enough stats (Voreaphilia), you don't need the packet???

Correct. 90 or more, to be precise. She also wont complain if she's a little drunk, or if your relationship is 20 or below.

Morphy wrote:I've also never purposefully gotten characters mad at me so I dunno if she might eat you on the spot or out of spite--

I'd recommend fucking around and finding out. :wink:

Morphy wrote:this is besides not restocking the kitchen or not paying rent.

There's actually several other little ways to get gobbled up. Make self-destructive decisions in the intro. Empty the fridge. (Low relationship and 0 money helps). Get caught stealing. (preferably while she's sleeping right there, you'll see a rare shot of elaine not used anywhere else.) Dont get a job. Dont have rent money with low relationship. Dont have rent money with better relationship and make self destructive decisions. Bunch of ways.
Flurby
Participator

Postby DraconicsInc » Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:00 am

LutherCage wrote:To add to the difficulty on adding new mod characters, most of the modded character slots are hard coded within the game. The game currently looks at values or situations on which stats the game will need to review, who is the current predator the player is talking to or being within, and knowing their set schedules isn't easy on making a modded character to add and drop within its current state of the game. This information currently isn't modular enough to allow any character to be created and used at will.

But that could be simulated with some form of mod installer. All the installer has to do is pick an empty slot, and copy all mod files in there. To make the files work in any slot the script should have the slot specific values replaced with placeholders, so instead of having "custom5" everywhere in variable and function names, I would have "_SLOT_" which then the mod manager does a text replace. This method would also work in the other direction, which would allow a mod developer to work with the mod as-is, and then pack it into a single file for distribution.

The only thing people have to stay aware of is that removal of a mod can break savegames if they're currently interacting with the mod contents.
DraconicsInc
Somewhat familiar

Postby LutherCage » Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:40 am

DraconicsInc wrote:
LutherCage wrote:To add to the difficulty on adding new mod characters, most of the modded character slots are hard coded within the game. The game currently looks at values or situations on which stats the game will need to review, who is the current predator the player is talking to or being within, and knowing their set schedules isn't easy on making a modded character to add and drop within its current state of the game. This information currently isn't modular enough to allow any character to be created and used at will.

But that could be simulated with some form of mod installer. All the installer has to do is pick an empty slot, and copy all mod files in there. To make the files work in any slot the script should have the slot specific values replaced with placeholders, so instead of having "custom5" everywhere in variable and function names, I would have "_SLOT_" which then the mod manager does a text replace. This method would also work in the other direction, which would allow a mod developer to work with the mod as-is, and then pack it into a single file for distribution.

The only thing people have to stay aware of is that removal of a mod can break savegames if they're currently interacting with the mod contents.

It could work out like this. In theory, it would work out exactly how you pointed out up above. Ideally, there would have to be a way to find the bits of code that looks at all characters within the game (original or custom) and put those functions as their own library to reference. Kind of like doing this tutorial here: https://youtu.be/53VCqbceq2U

However the person does have to keep in mind that once the mod is installed, it cannot be removed. Mainly because the save data that came from the mod(s) is now apart of the save file in which the character uses. So removing those said mod(s) will break the game on having a character that used to exist no longer being found within the game's code.

Ultimately, we would want to break the current code so it does something like this instead.

Before

Code: Select all
label mod_drink_wine:
    # Player drinks wine
    $currentdrunk += 6.75

# Predator drinks wine
    if drinking_with == "Jasmine":
        $jasmine_drunkenness += 6.75
    elif drinking_with == "Beatrice":
        $beatrice_drunkenness += 6.75
    elif drinking_with == "Elaine":
        $elaine_drunkenness += 6.75
    elif drinking_with == "Custom1":
        $custom1_drunkenness += 6.75
    elif drinking_with == "Custom2":
        $custom2_drunkenness += 6.75
    elif drinking_with == "Custom3":
        $custom3_drunkenness += 6.75
    elif drinking_with == "Custom4":
        $custom4_drunkenness += 6.75
    elif drinking_with == "Custom5":
        $custom5_drunkenness += 6.75
    elif drinking_with == "Custom6":
        $custom6_drunkenness += 6.75
    elif drinking_with == "Custom7":
        $custom7_drunkenness += 6.75
    elif drinking_with == "Custom8":
        $custom8_drunkenness += 6.75
    elif drinking_with == "Custom9":
        $custom9_drunkenness += 6.75
    elif drinking_with == "Custom10":
        $custom10_drunkenness += 6.75

Label start:
    “You and the predator drink wine.”
    Jump mod_drink_wine
    “You feel more buzzed...”

After

Code: Select all
# This is altered by the mod creator
Python:
    # Using an imaginary 13th slot to show how a modular character stats can be created.
    CustomCharacterDictionary_13 = {
        “Name”: “Harley”,
        “Gender”: “Female”,
        “Drunkenness”: 0,
        “Relationship”: 0,
        “HasMet_Player”: True
        #And etc...
}

label mod_drink_wine (CustomCharacterDictionary):

# Player drinks wine
    $currentdrunk += 6.75

# Predator drinks wine
    $character[Drunkenness] += 6.75

Label start:
    “You and the predator drink wine.”
    Jump mod_drink_wine(CustomCharacterDictionary_13)
    “You feel more buzzed...”
LutherCage
Been posting for a bit

Postby Morphy » Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:37 pm

Flurby wrote:There's shower vore and shower sex. Shower sex can happen instead of vore if you have 70% or more relationship OR have had sex with her before and your relationship is anywhere in the green. Just making sure those two are differentiated.

Pity you can't still get the option for shower vore after you pass the 70% relationship mark.

...Or the extra option could depend on having an unusually high voreaphile rating, "You are an incorrigible gut slut, you know that [Name]?"
(Too bad there are no 'at-work' clips of her while carrying around the player since she scoots for work right after that morning shower)
Morphy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Scrypter » Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:57 pm

Morphy wrote:
Flurby wrote:There's shower vore and shower sex. Shower sex can happen instead of vore if you have 70% or more relationship OR have had sex with her before and your relationship is anywhere in the green. Just making sure those two are differentiated.

Pity you can't still get the option for shower vore after you pass the 70% relationship mark.

...Or the extra option could depend on having an unusually high voreaphile rating, "You are an incorrigible gut slut, you know that [Name]?"
(Too bad there are no 'at-work' clips of her while carrying around the player since she scoots for work right after that morning shower)

Actually there is one. It is a very hard to get one, but it does exist.
Scrypter
Been posting for a bit

Postby Seifens » Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:29 pm

LutherCage wrote:Ultimately, we would want to break the current code so it does something like this instead.

I suggested something similar to Sriseru a few months back and there wasn't any interest. Or more specifically they said that Flurby was already helping with it. I don't know if that's strictly correct, but regardless setting up something like this to the point where you would get any advantage from it would require significant rewrites of the codebase.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby LutherCage » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:12 pm

Seifens wrote:
LutherCage wrote:Ultimately, we would want to break the current code so it does something like this instead.

I suggested something similar to Sriseru a few months back and there wasn't any interest. Or more specifically they said that Flurby was already helping with it. I don't know if that's strictly correct, but regardless setting up something like this to the point where you would get any advantage from it would require significant rewrites of the codebase.

True. Which is something that might be more trouble than what it is worth currently. >3>;
LutherCage
Been posting for a bit

Postby Darkonnocturna » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:34 pm

Amazing game.
Will Elaine and Sigrid ever be expanded on in the same way as Jasmine? As a safe vore lover, it’d be great to get just as much depth in those considerably more gentle predators
Darkonnocturna
Been posting for a bit

Postby ShotunEonXon » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:22 am

ZypherOX44 wrote:
Morphy wrote:

Actually there is one. It is a very hard to get one, but it does exist.

Mind if I ask what the scene is? Been screwing around for a while and I can't get anything new
ShotunEonXon
New to the forum

Postby Morphy » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:13 pm

I think I puzzled it out on how to get Elaine's "at work with a belly" scene.

First you need to be eaten by Elaine of course.
Next it only happens on certain days (but I can never tell WHAT day it is but it's like half the week).
The time needs to be 6:30am to 8pm, when Elaine is at work at the Hospital (you remember the hospital, the place you woke up at and she took you home from there?).
And then you switch to the external view. Huzzah!

If it's the wrong day then she'll be lazing about, gurgling your bum in her belly at various locations but mostly at home.
Morphy
Somewhat familiar

Postby sackofpotatoes » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:16 pm

Morphy wrote:I think I puzzled it out on how to get Elaine's "at work with a belly" scene.

First you need to be eaten by Elaine of course.
Next it only happens on certain days (but I can never tell WHAT day it is but it's like half the week).
The time needs to be 6:30am to 8pm, when Elaine is at work at the Hospital (you remember the hospital, the place you woke up at and she took you home from there?).
And then you switch to the external view. Huzzah!

If it's the wrong day then she'll be lazing about, gurgling your bum in her belly at various locations but mostly at home.

To add on, if I'm not mistaken this only happens Monday-Wednesday (her work days). Easiest way to get this scene in my experience is to get gobbled Sunday night and wait till Monday.

Side note, I too am curious about the shower vore scene with relationship >70% and how to get it (I tried looking around in the code but couldn't seem to find it) @ZypherOX44
sackofpotatoes
New to the forum

Postby Morphy » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:20 am

Side note, I too am curious about the shower vore scene with relationship >70% and how to get it

You need your relationship under 70%, not over. At that point it's not consensual shower vore but Elaine going full-on pred because you forced your way into the shower with her.

...anyone else find it odd that Elaine can't unbirth even though she's a main character?
Morphy
Somewhat familiar

Postby dragorise20 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:51 pm

anyone got new modded/personal characters for the game? cause it's been a while since i saw one
dragorise20
Somewhat familiar

Postby Morphy » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:39 pm

New mods? The only one I know of is Flurbee's show on page 1 of this thread-- there's another, Myutsu (sp!) but that's already folded into Flurbee's. If there are mods over on the discord, they need to be listed on that "mod" list on page 1 or no one's gonna find 'em...

Correction:
There is no discord. I was mixing up other discords for other current vore games.
Morphy
Somewhat familiar

Postby dragorise20 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:33 am

Morphy wrote:New mods? The only one I know of is Flurbee's show on page 1 of this thread-- there's another, Myutsu (sp!) but that's already folded into Flurbee's. If there are mods over on the discord, they need to be listed on that "mod" list on page 1 or no one's gonna find 'em...

Correction:
There is no discord. I was mixing up other discords for other current vore games.

yeah but more like a character like a new one like all of the flurby mode like either a snake lady or dino lady that would be cool
dragorise20
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game