Need Help Deciding on what Game to Make

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Which Option Sounds more Fun?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:53 am

Option A: Survival Fantasy
47%
Option B: Space Adventure
35%
Option C: Space Turn-based-strategy
18%

Total votes : 259

Re: Need Help Deciding on what Game to Make

Postby ParaLeDigm » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:50 am

Chessa wrote:Don't feel pressured, and make sure to back up your stuff on a cloud, I personally recommend github for it, if you need any help PM me, and don't be afraid to make a discord. I love to see new people trying their hand at game dev.

Oh thanks! I think I’ll set up a discord and such if the project really gets off the ground - Or at least if people like the first prototype

And github is definitely a good way to back things up, I think GMS2 even has a built-in feature for that!
ParaLeDigm
Been posting for a bit

Postby wariodude128 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:20 pm

ParaLeDigm wrote:
wariodude128 wrote:I think B would be a great idea, and you could make it even more interesting by making the ship you pilot be what you control and is what gets into battles. Similar to an NES game called Destiny of an Emperor, the idea would be turn based ship-to-ship combat. The main thing to care about are the Hull Points or HP, which is the general health of your ship. You can also get other ships to join you on your journey and you would form a little party of ships. If your HP runs out, that's when vore happens. What kind depends on the foe being encountered. Might have more ideas where that came from, if you want them, but I'll leave it there for now.

I’m BIG on space won’t lie - The idea I had for the space game was that you’d have your ship, but if your ship’s energy shields fail, then you get boarded; and then you and your crew get devoured as you try and fight them off, both onboard and outside the ship. Might become complicated on how to balance the controlling the ship and repelling boarders, but it could be used to make it stressful and exciting in its own way? It’ll be something to work out the kinks on depending on the game to pick c:

Also! Always open to ideas, even some crazy ones ;3

If the ship is what you use in battle, it creates some unique opportunities in terms of equipment and items as well as what your special moves or "magic" might be. Instead of armor, you equip better ship plating. Instead of better weapons, you equip stronger/more powerful rockets/missiles/lasers. Instead of potions, you use repair kits to fill your hull points (HP) back up. When you level up, the hull points go up because the crew strengthened the ship due to experience with the ship. If the HP goes to 0, normally or by surrendering, the ship gets boarded and the last thing you see is you getting vored. Whether you see that in first or third person depends on which you prefer and what kind of vore said alien species is.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Iwillremember » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:16 pm

Assuming that one choice is chosen over another, would you still consider pursuing the other choices in the far off future? These all seem like really good ideas, especially so since you will be using a different engine.

Also, could you further elaborate on what you mean by "survive" for choice A? Is it going to be a roguelike or something like Don't Starve (since you mentioned simple building mechanics, unlocking characters and rpg stats)?
Iwillremember
New to the forum

Postby LethiaAzalea » Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:55 pm

ParaLeDigm wrote:
wariodude128 wrote:I think B would be a great idea, and you could make it even more interesting by making the ship you pilot be what you control and is what gets into battles. Similar to an NES game called Destiny of an Emperor, the idea would be turn based ship-to-ship combat. The main thing to care about are the Hull Points or HP, which is the general health of your ship. You can also get other ships to join you on your journey and you would form a little party of ships. If your HP runs out, that's when vore happens. What kind depends on the foe being encountered. Might have more ideas where that came from, if you want them, but I'll leave it there for now.

I’m BIG on space won’t lie - The idea I had for the space game was that you’d have your ship, but if your ship’s energy shields fail, then you get boarded; and then you and your crew get devoured as you try and fight them off, both onboard and outside the ship. Might become complicated on how to balance the controlling the ship and repelling boarders, but it could be used to make it stressful and exciting in its own way? It’ll be something to work out the kinks on depending on the game to pick c:

Also! Always open to ideas, even some crazy ones ;3

At this point I would probably suggest taking inspiration from FTL in that front, just change ship hull to ship's shields. The captain can be the strongest character of the crew and you'd have to fight through different sections of ship to save your crew. Enemy boarding team can be based on how much health is left on the enemy ship.

Could also open up the idea of different builds, do you go for a crew heavy ship that can repel boarders more easily, but gets disabled quicker? or an absolute beast of a ship, but you crew are weaker? Would also help with predator play, just swap the goals around, you're goal be to disable the ship before yours is destroyed.

I personally would love a pred-focused game play element. Either way I do still strongly suggest games such as FTL or Crying suns to draw inspiration from.
LethiaAzalea
Somewhat familiar

Postby hirakoshinji2 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:04 pm

B is my vote as well! Not that that seems to matter at this point since B already has %90 of the votes anyway. The idea of being a Commander Shepard type space captain cruising through the galaxy meet hot alien babes is for SURE my kinda game. If you add the option to gulp the hot alien babes afterward this game becomes incomparable! Adding ship combat on top of it all and you can have my car, just don't stop making the game!

My biggest concern with this is the ambition that goes into it. It sound like the kinda game we'll be seeing an update for every year or so. If you were to start a subscribestar account, even without any tier rewards, asking for help paying for art commissions or consultations for programing the ship combat games I'd be happy to be your first subscriber! Bonus points if you offer early releases!

And if paying for commissions or asking for help from the fans is too daunting, you could always pull a page from our book and use Kisekae!
hirakoshinji2
Participator

Postby animewriter127 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:55 pm

B sounds best we don't ever see species changing long term
animewriter127
New to the forum

Postby Anonymous111 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:26 am

A sounds interesting, and I'd be down for it if there was player pred options, if you could choose the protagonist's gender (would just change a few sprites, what vore types you can do, and the pronouns used for the player), and if you could do alt vore
Anonymous111
Somewhat familiar

Postby ParaLeDigm » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:37 pm

Iwillremember wrote:Assuming that one choice is chosen over another, would you still consider pursuing the other choices in the far off future? These all seem like really good ideas, especially so since you will be using a different engine.

Also, could you further elaborate on what you mean by "survive" for choice A? Is it going to be a roguelike or something like Don't Starve (since you mentioned simple building mechanics, unlocking characters and rpg stats)?

If the first game I make goes well and people like it, I'd definitely like to keep making them! Also Also, it would be more akin to don't starve yep!

In choice A, my current idea is that it would be a fantasy world, but essentially overtaken by predators; so there's no safe towns to stay in, and you are essentially on your own throughout.
ParaLeDigm
Been posting for a bit

Postby ParaLeDigm » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:07 pm

hirakoshinji2 wrote:B is my vote as well! Not that that seems to matter at this point since B already has %90 of the votes anyway. The idea of being a Commander Shepard type space captain cruising through the galaxy meet hot alien babes is for SURE my kinda game. If you add the option to gulp the hot alien babes afterward this game becomes incomparable! Adding ship combat on top of it all and you can have my car, just don't stop making the game!

My biggest concern with this is the ambition that goes into it. It sound like the kinda game we'll be seeing an update for every year or so. If you were to start a subscribestar account, even without any tier rewards, asking for help paying for art commissions or consultations for programing the ship combat games I'd be happy to be your first subscriber! Bonus points if you offer early releases!

And if paying for commissions or asking for help from the fans is too daunting, you could always pull a page from our book and use Kisekae!

Ohh thanks!
(Knowing me there will be opportunities to gulp everything you encounter to be honest, shhh, it's necessarryyyy-)

But yeah, I'll definitely need to be careful not to plan out something bigger than I can actually manage - Hyperfixation can only get a person so far after all! Currently I'm planning to (after deciding on the final game) make a prototype or two and see what people think of those, in order to get feedback and best figure out the direction to take things. Take things a step at a time and all that -

Also pssst, the votes are a helpful indicator of what people want generally, but the comments tend to be more informative and are a better help to me overall ^^
ParaLeDigm
Been posting for a bit

Postby ParaLeDigm » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:13 pm

Anonymous111 wrote:A sounds interesting, and I'd be down for it if there was player pred options, if you could choose the protagonist's gender (would just change a few sprites, what vore types you can do, and the pronouns used for the player), and if you could do alt vore

The main dissuading element of character customisation comes from two places mainly: The sprites themselves - I'm not really an artist, so making them look good will naturally take me longer; and second, the code itself - Character customisation can be a little messy and hard to organise, and making it easy to navigate might prove unexpectedly challenging

I'd definitely like to have character customisation, and I'll do it if I can think of a best practice to implement it ^^
ParaLeDigm
Been posting for a bit

Postby Pkmnguy6262 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:17 am

ill be honest, all three of these sound fun and interesting so im definetyl interrested regardless of what itll be.
however some things id wish for would be for an option for some mass vore of devouring an entire city by yourself or maybe some micro pred either by having giant pre or micro preds. and especially for the two space ones id really hope for a route/option to just stright up devoure entire planets or have an entity that can devour entire planets~ as thats something id really love to see more in games. differents vore types are also always fun so im especially hoping for some CV/BV options in the game~ but yeah either way ill be curious and interested in this game so count on my support!~
Pkmnguy6262
Been posting for a bit

Postby Voremugen » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:51 am

Option A is severely underserved and thus the best option imo.
Voremugen
Somewhat familiar

Postby Anonymous111 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:04 am

ParaLeDigm wrote:
Anonymous111 wrote:A sounds interesting, and I'd be down for it if there was player pred options, if you could choose the protagonist's gender (would just change a few sprites, what vore types you can do, and the pronouns used for the player), and if you could do alt vore

The main dissuading element of character customisation comes from two places mainly: The sprites themselves - I'm not really an artist, so making them look good will naturally take me longer; and second, the code itself - Character customisation can be a little messy and hard to organise, and making it easy to navigate might prove unexpectedly challenging

I'd definitely like to have character customisation, and I'll do it if I can think of a best practice to implement it ^^

well i didn't say full customization, i just said the ability to choose the protagonist's gender, so you could make a gender neutral set of sprites, and duplicate them, adding slight changes for each gender.
Anonymous111
Somewhat familiar

Postby GhostlyToddler » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:26 am

B sounds like an interesting idea with lots of room to grow as a game. I think you will attract alot of people who don`t like humanoid preds the most with this. Also a pretty neat way to do mapping, where each planet hosts different species of preds that you may encounter. Good luck!
GhostlyToddler
Somewhat familiar

Postby ParaLeDigm » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:01 am

Pkmnguy6262 wrote:ill be honest, all three of these sound fun and interesting so im definetyl interrested regardless of what itll be.
however some things id wish for would be for an option for some mass vore of devouring an entire city by yourself or maybe some micro pred either by having giant pre or micro preds. and especially for the two space ones id really hope for a route/option to just stright up devoure entire planets or have an entity that can devour entire planets~ as thats something id really love to see more in games. differents vore types are also always fun so im especially hoping for some CV/BV options in the game~ but yeah either way ill be curious and interested in this game so count on my support!~

I’m not so sure about planet Vore right now, but CV is definitely something I’ll wanna have, (it’s my favourite nyeheheh)

I do like small preds though, that could be fun… hmmmmmmm

(Sorry to everyone for slow replies rn by the way, my friend broke my computer, going to try get it fixed today)
ParaLeDigm
Been posting for a bit

Postby ParaLeDigm » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:04 am

GhostlyToddler wrote:B sounds like an interesting idea with lots of room to grow as a game. I think you will attract alot of people who don`t like humanoid preds the most with this. Also a pretty neat way to do mapping, where each planet hosts different species of preds that you may encounter. Good luck!

A variety of species is definitely something I wanna add, I even have a list of ideas; not being an artist it’ll just take a while is all… but yep! With any luck there’ll be some variety in who you get eaten by, or eat I suppose!
ParaLeDigm
Been posting for a bit

Postby wariodude128 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:09 am

(Reposting in response to what you said about doing the B option and about being open to crazy ideas)

If the ship is what you use in battle, it creates some unique opportunities in terms of equipment and items as well as what your special moves or "magic" might be. Instead of armor, you equip better ship plating. Instead of better weapons, you equip stronger/more powerful rockets/missiles/lasers. Instead of potions, you use repair kits to fill your hull points (HP) back up. When you level up, the hull points go up because the crew strengthened the ship due to experience with the ship. If the HP goes to 0, normally or by surrendering, the ship gets boarded and the last thing you see is you getting vored. Whether you see that in first or third person depends on which you prefer and what kind of vore said alien species is.
wariodude128
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby grozar » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:23 am

A but the others are interesting, but I find fantasy the best for "suspension of disbelief" when the hand wavium can be magic, sci fi requires a bit more story to pull it off.

But one thing I'd recommend for the gameplay loop is one or more companions, that would allow you to see a "prey" but in a non-lethal way that does not always have to end in game over state.
Feeding a companion could cater that with the encounters while still progressing the story. Also could allow some interesting synergies in combat with endo for the protagonist and the companion that is severly underrepresented. (both ways, and that would allows customizing the fetish based on different companion).
grozar
New to the forum

Postby ParaLeDigm » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:13 pm

wariodude128 wrote:(Reposting in response to what you said about doing the B option and about being open to crazy ideas)

Plan is for space (in my head right now) to use your ship and person for battle - setting up a ship combat system is so much easier than a player character system that it wouldn’t be a huge stretch to have both. Plus, having them overlap mechanically (the damage to your ship’s exterior causes screen-shake inside the ship) would be a simple matter of using global variables C:

So picture it as walking around on your ship, and when you sit in the command chair you switch to a ship view of sorts? If I ensure both are persistent, then there can be things going on outside and in, without needing to do any impossible code or anything

though your idea is a pretty interesting one as well, it also wouldn’t be hard to make in theory! Just a simple ship combat system and a Vore-themed lose condition - be good with an artist to make the lose conditions as big fancy images. I might be able to make something like that as practice or a prototype for the ship system
ParaLeDigm
Been posting for a bit

Postby ParaLeDigm » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:21 pm

grozar wrote:A but the others are interesting, but I find fantasy the best for "suspension of disbelief" when the hand wavium can be magic, sci fi requires a bit more story to pull it off.

But one thing I'd recommend for the gameplay loop is one or more companions, that would allow you to see a "prey" but in a non-lethal way that does not always have to end in game over state.
Feeding a companion could cater that with the encounters while still progressing the story. Also could allow some interesting synergies in combat with endo for the protagonist and the companion that is severly underrepresented. (both ways, and that would allows customizing the fetish based on different companion).

Ohh! do you have any specific ideas for how endo could be used? It does seem like something you rarely see in Vore games, and when it is I find it’s underwhelming mechanically - it rarely serves a purpose from what I can tell

(it’s not really my kink, so I’m not sure how people would want it executed for best effect)
ParaLeDigm
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game