The Last Dungeon (Japanese Demo Game)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

The Last Dungeon (Japanese Demo Game)

Postby Deathworks » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:11 pm

Hi!

I am really happy that I can pass on this information because I initially asked far too late for permission etc. But here it is now:

"The Last Dungeon" is a Japanese RPG project (using Enterbrain's XP engine) currently created by members of the macrophile community. What is officially called a "demo version of the demo version" of the game had been released for a short while a few weeks ago and has now been released again so that the people here can also enjoy the game.

For those who wish to get right away into the game, the following is the official download page for that demo version:

http://f19.aaa.livedoor.jp/~nagets/game/index.html

That page has 2 links - the second one is the one for the game while the first one links to Enterbrain's page where you can download the RTP if you don't have it already.

The official homepage of the people who created it (なげっつ) can be reached via the link below:

http://f19.aaa.livedoor.jp/~nagets/

I want to draw your attention to their BLOG as most of the current activity is given there and commented on there. Older entries also contain screen shots from the game, so that those reluctant to download the file without a first check can get an impression that way.

VORE CONTENT: Even that short demo has a short vore scene with different possible outcomes and an UB sequence. Ah, we are talking F/f here (giantess on female human).

GAME CHARACTERISTICS: Given that some people do not like to wait long to get to the good stuff, I want to point out the good news for them that there isn't much to do - no levelling, no complex riddles. Getting to the goodies should be something anyone can figure out quickly. As a special hint - it is possible to reach an end of the demo where you are not dying.

My 2 cents: I am really glad that the demo was uploaded again and permission granted to inform people here about it. First of all, I think a lot of people will enjoy this. Secondly, I think it has some very nice designs concerning the vore and especially the UB content - to be honest, I hope that the design of the UB sequence will influence other game creators here.

MESSAGE FROM THE CREATORS

The creators wish to point out that they will be busy creating a new doujinshi for the winter Komike, so they will not be able to work continuously on the game. The original development/release speed was already rather slow and it is likely to be slower in the future. Therefore, it is completely unknown when a next demo version might be released.

My comment on/addition to the creators' message

I would also like to mention that the creators also know about the Portal and this special interest forum and regularly visit it. However, their lack of confidence in their skills in English has kept them from posting here themselves.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Re: The Last Dungeon (Japanese Demo Game)

Postby AngelOfEnvy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:36 pm

Overall good demo, its nice to see that one's inventory also affects certain outcomes, and that it requires much more intelligence to do all of the endings than just bash and smash.

My only peeve though(I might be the only one with this problem) is that there was no text for either dialogues or battle sequences. The dialogue I could have lived without, but it was annoying to not be able to see how much HP I had left after an attack, or how much MP a single attack took.

Otherwise, I really have no complaints about this demo, aside from the fact that demos imply short amounts of gameplay, which I really hoped there was more of.

Good show creators.
AngelOfEnvy
Somewhat familiar

Postby twib » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:11 pm

Hi so far I'm trying to figure out what to do and how to do anything bevause while I can play the game I cant see any of the text at all os any commands. Any help or assist would be much appreciated, also yes I did download and install the RTP and still no text appeared.
twib
Somewhat familiar

Postby Thesunrisemoose » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:18 pm

I downloaded the link and got to the Game Application but when I double click on it it says.

RGSS103J.dll Could not be found.

Any suggestions??
Thesunrisemoose
Now with 20% less mule

Postby MilkChocolate » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:18 pm

I will be checking this out!
MilkChocolate
???

Postby diablodevil2 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:56 pm

Hm, when I open it, it pops up for a moment, before giving that Windows XP error sound. No message, it just dies with a "Bum". Probably something on my end.
diablodevil2
Author

Postby Tyrlidd » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:28 am

To fix the "RGSS103J.dll Could not be found." problem go into the file named "Game" using notepad. Inside it should have
Code: Select all
[Game]
Library=RGSS103J.dll
Scripts=Data\Scripts.rxdata
Title=The Last Dungeon
RTP1=Standard
RTP2=
RTP3=

Change it to
Code: Select all
[Game]
Library=RGSS102E.dll
Scripts=Data\Scripts.rxdata
Title=The Last Dungeon
RTP1=Standard
RTP2=
RTP3=

as a few said the game lacks any text, I have no idea why might be missing script data or something but I'll leave that up to someone else to figure out since I only remember this fix from another game around here. Think it has something to do with foreign versions of the RPG maker.
Tyrlidd
New to the forum

Postby Deathworks » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:48 am

Hi!

When I got the new download link, I also downloaded that version and tested it. It worked perfectly fine for me. No unusual errors, no missing text (actually, the text is really nice if you understand Japanese).

About the various problems:

"RGSS103J.dll" not found.

RGSS103J.dll is the dynamic link library at the core of the engine's RTP. 103J is the version 1.03 of the Japanese version of that library, 102E is the version 1.02 of the English version of the library (the difference in numbers is because 1.02 to 1.03 was a bug fix concerning displaying Japanese text, which is not an aspect of the English version, so no new release of the English version was created!)

DO NOT CHANGE THAT ENTRY! You are asking for trouble when you do that. I think there is a high probability that the different engine versions are not completely compatible, so this may cause problems.

Instead, follow the first link on the download page to the JAPANESE DOWNLOAD PAGE FOR THE RTP and download the Japanese RTP (IIRC, it also includes all older versions, including RGSS102E.dll

In order to install the Japanese RTP successfully, you need to have Japanese language support installed AND non-unicode programs set to Japanese (Settings - System Settings - Regional/Language settings).

I just checked the new computer I have and where I only installed the Japanese package: I have RGSS103J.dll, RGSS102E.dll, RGSS102J.dll, and RGSS100J.dll all installed.

Missing Text

Well, that is a new bug on me, and I can only imagine that it may be caused by a missing font. If you are using 102E, then I could imagine that the dll is using an English font which does not contain any characters in the slots the Japanese font uses (this does include numbers).

As far as I know, the engine uses one of the standard fonts that are installed when you add Japanese language support to Windows (MSMincho or MSGothic).

However, I have never heard about that bug before, so there is no reliable advice I can give on this, sorry. But I want to help.

If the things are running correctly, you should be able to see things like the following:

Spoiler: show
capture_20090903_110259.png
The very first text in the story
capture_20090903_110320.png
Combat scene
capture_20090903_110418.png
At foot
capture_20090903_110427.png
Comment of the demon lord

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Postby dagar » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:59 am

very nice design, just wish it was in english :P

I loved the UB scene :gulp:
dagar
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Deathworks » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:30 am

Hi!

Dagar: I take it you did not have the text missing bug other people reported, have you?

Anyhow, I strongly suggest you learn Japanese instead because there are so many, many things of beauty on the Japanese internet, both in an erotic, but also an innocent vein, that you are really missing out on most of what the internet and freeware creativity has to offer.

:) :) I know, it is not that easy to learn, so that part was joking. But it is true that people who don't know Japanese are really missing out.

General: Since we have this odd text bug, I hope people mention their experiences with it when posting here. Also if the measures I suggested helped.

Diablodevil2: At what point exactly does the crash occur? The download is an lzh archive which contains a self-extracting archive which contains the game. Have you started the game after extracting the exe and it crashed, or did it crash earlier?

Appearing for a short moment and then disappearing reminds me of a problem I had with old games created not using Enterbrain's engine and it was linked to DirectX problems. But this seems unlikely.

Maybe, there was a miss during extraction.

You may try using LhaPlus to dissolve the LZH and then the self-extracting Exe file. I am using it and it works fine:

http://www.vector.co.jp/soft/win95/util/se169348.html

Sorry, other than that, I have no idea at the moment.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Postby Firon » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:39 am

I installed the jap RTP and I still get the missing text bug
Firon
---

Postby Thesunrisemoose » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:02 am

That made it load, thank you sir.

Now I just have to figure out where all the txt went and I'll be set.
Thesunrisemoose
Now with 20% less mule

Postby Deathworks » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:09 am

Hi!

I am running out of ideas really fast. The thing is, the computer I am currently using is a laptop I got just about two months ago with the German version of Windows XP pre-installed. While I did install all the RTPs and so on, I didn't make many special settings, so my machine should be more or less identical to your machines...

The things I mentioned before (regional settings, Japanese RTP, using LhaPlus for extracting archives) are basically all the special things I can remember...

I will check if I can find something else that makes my settings special, but I am not very optimistic. I hope someone figures out what is wrong. I have one last possible theory I will check, but I don't really think that will be it...

EDIT: Nope. No luck on my part. I can't reproduce that bug ...

EDIT II: Looking at Enterbrain's site, it seems that the update 1.02 to 1.03 was exactly about that kind of bug that the default text was not drawn on the screen ... Now I am really puzzled.

EDIT III: I was able to make the text disappear. If you do change the line to 102E, no text will be displayed, just as I thought. So, make sure you are not using that faulty hack but rather install the correct RTPs.

Those who installed the RTP and still had the bug, please check if you had used the hack and forgot to return game.ini to its original state.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Postby dagar » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:23 pm

@Deathworks yes I had the text bug, but I would still like to know what it says if I can fix it, and I guess I'll be looking up a japanese language night class if one exist (I dunno, just a thought) O well, I can still enjoy the design.
dagar
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Rayen » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:04 pm

I just don't understand why English-speaking people rarely make RPG Maker games that are this good.

This game is simple, yet incredibly well-made and overall very good. I'm very impressed. Good job to the designers and keep up the good work.

And thanks to ye, Deathworks. Ye seem to stumble across all these good games. ;D
Disclaimer: I am a lazy bastard.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby dagar » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:59 pm

ok, I have 1 question that may make sense to everyone since it appears that there are more than 3 endings, how do you get any others? (angel of envy mentioned inventory effecting it, no idea what that leads to)
dagar
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Deathworks » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:52 pm

Hi!

Dagar: Well, I had hoped that it was simply the hack causing trouble, but there seems to be more to it. Unfortunately, I have no idea where further to look for a solution. As I said, even with a fairly standard non-Japanese computer, I have not seen that bug except when copying that hack.

One thing you might try if you had installed the English RTP first, would be to uninstall the Japanese and English RTP and then install only the Japanese RTP (it does include the English one after all). It might be that something in the registry is locking you into English mode.

As for the hint you are asking for, this is a major spoiler:
Spoiler: show
If you check what your character has with her, there are no items and only one piece of equipment besides the equipment she is currently wearing. That is a blessed robe that will protect you from the stomach acids, allowing you to reach the intestines.

Again, I am sorry that I can't do anything about the text bug, and I can only appeal that people experiment and if someone finds a solution, please do tell us.

Rayen: Blush. Well, I am simply listening in on some BBS and occasionally google for vorish words. Unfortunately, I have currently some problems writing to some BBS (our internet service changed), so not all is going perfectly. Truth be told, in the past months, there have been two other macrophile RPGs that would have been something for the people here, but I was unable to contact the creators. I can only hope that their creators put them up at another occasion some time again.

In addition, I am actually currently watching another interesting development. Since it does not seem to be an adult game, I don't want to scare people by contacting them prematurely. Since it comes with a conventional site (or rather a blog site), when the time comes, it should be unproblematic to get in contact. As I said, it is not from within one of our communities as far as I can tell, but they are working on an RPG with a stomach dungeon and they already had some nice sketches/CGs for the vore event leading to that dungeon...

Currently, they are hoping to have the release finished by the end of the month, but there is no guarantees, of course. Once they are done, I will see about what the link/download requisites are, contact them if necessary, and see to it that I can pass on the information to you as soon as possible.

Of course, no one can forbid you to search for promising Japanese words using google et al. :) :) :)

Deathworks

P.S.: Rayen, can you see the text or are you also experiencing the bug?

P.P.S.: Japan's modern culture is strongly centered around creativity. I wouldn't know a simple word in English or German as a translation for "doujinshi", which is a normal word in modern Japanese. In addition, the Japanese computer game culture has a longer tradition of combining visuals, story, and positive emotions than the Western computer game culture. Again, if you hear "dating sims", you are likely to think of Japan, and the prominence of the digital novel also seems very strong. In contrast, the classic genres played in Europe and America seem to have been either down the visual or the textual road, with mixtures being relatively rare ... of course, this has changed over times, but I think that the Japanese were way ahead in that direction.

And accordingly, Enterbrain's engine is not a recent thing - remember, the common types are 95, 2000, 2003, XP and VX, which already hints at the history. And there is actually one more type for IBM compatibles, namely Dante II/98, but which doesn't use standalone exe programs. And besides that, you have their engines for the Playstation and earlier the Super Famicon (Dante)... Compared to that, the pirate translations of Enterbrain's engines are a really recent development, meaning that Japanese fans had much more time to study the art and use it.

And if you then look at Vector, for instance, a big download site for freeware, shareware, and commercial software, you will see hundreds of RPGs created using the engines - meaning lots of experience and inspiration.

Well, that is at least how I would explain things.
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Postby Rayen » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:58 pm

I can see the text just fine.

I believe you are right with that explanation. The only other explanation would be "Americans are lazy" which is a stereotype, but is unfortunately rather true. The Japanese seem much more hard-working than most.
Disclaimer: I am a lazy bastard.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby bluewr » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:07 pm

The problem with no font...

1. Make sure your language setting is in Japanese(Opening the file with applocale doesn't count)
2. Make sure you have installed the Japanese RPG Maker RTP
3. Make sure the game.ini setting match the RTP you're using.
Library=RGSS102J.dll
Try changing it to

And the current ending..

1. When faced with the choice to(First time meeting Demon lord) fight or flee, choose to flee(Get squashed) While in battle with the demon loard choose to flee, get squashed.

2. After losing all HP will be offered a choice to run up to Demon lord or Escape. if escape get swalloed(This is where I'm stuck, I have 0 HP, but I can still wander around, but as soon as I reach the stomach and touch a acid, I die(Even with the divine robe)(Seems like I got a bug)normally you should have full health. Go through the first two acid pool witih normal equip, and you'll have your armor melted off, and when you reach the stomach area, you'll be flushed into the small intenstine and game over.

3. Wear the divine robe, and you'll make it into the small intenstine, but after walking into the pool of acid before, even that will be destroyed, now you have two choice, fight the "feather" that line the small intenstine, if you get hit by one of them, you become nutrient for Demon Lord's breast or butt. if you make it through unharmed...TO BE CONTINUED...

5. After losing the fight, Demon lord will offer you the choice to be reborn, walk up toward her, go inside and touch the egg inside of her and become nutrient for the new child.
bluewr
Participator

Postby SeruOmen » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:23 pm

diablodevil2 wrote:Hm, when I open it, it pops up for a moment, before giving that Windows XP error sound. No message, it just dies with a "Bum". Probably something on my end.

I've got the same problem, and I've gotten the Japanese RTS thingy. I wonder what's wrong. o.O
Dry Erase Kitty- where else can you find feline zombie computer viruses and inbred demon kittens?
http://dryerasekitty.thecomicseries.com/comics/
SeruOmen
I like sword

Next

Return to Vore game