Insect vore?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Insect vore?

Postby Syndrome » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:45 pm

I like you sketches Spiderbone, I really like the last one. :D
Syndrome
Participator

Postby 4ofSwords » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:41 pm

Me, too! More imagespamming is encouraged! And Syndrome, it certainly wouldn't bother me if you had cross-posted your pictures here.
4ofSwords
???

Postby Enkay » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:48 pm

Last edited by Enkay on Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enkay
Somewhat familiar

Postby 4ofSwords » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:05 pm

Those are great! I love the way you have multiple eyes crowded into a single socket.
4ofSwords
???

Postby KavenBach » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:14 pm

Something I drew some time ago, but just added tonight. A non-antro centipede attack, the linked image and next four.

http://aryion.com/g3/showitem.php?id=177521

(warning for the squeamish: the fifth image, after the centipede section, is an M/f bestiality pic... so if that squicks you, don't click after the centipede drags away its meal.)
"Lady, I WARNED you that my plants wouldn't tolerate tresspassers, either! NOW look at you!"
"Mmh! Mmh!"

https://www.patreon.com/KavenBach
KavenBach
DamselDangerologist

Postby prisoner » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:51 pm

The media. Insects are portreyed as creepy, prickly, or scary little things. When it comes to iconic, loveable characters of childrens' movies and cartoons, artists favor a cuddly bear or a cute kitten--they choose something that people have been brought up on thinking that it was cute. If people grew up on Balto the Honeybee, or Lady and the Spider, then insects would probably be more popular in vore drawings.

That said, it'd be the exoskelletons for me. I want the soft fur of a tiger, not the armor-plated exterior of a wasp. =/
prisoner
---

Postby KavenBach » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:06 pm

A selection of my stuff. I AM partial to spiders...

a couple of MUCH older ones (God, was I THAT bad?! Looking at these makes me realize I HAVE improved! A little. >.> ) :

http://aryion.com/g3/showitem.php?id=94619
http://aryion.com/g3/showitem.php?id=94622

A "Sketch" I have yet to turn into a full piece:

http://aryion.com/g3/showitem.php?id=172288

...and a selection from a recent Lianna pic...

http://aryion.com/g3/showitem.php?id=173364

...aw, heck. Here's the full pic.

LiannaManSpiderED.jpg
Lianna the psychotic sorceress finds some helpless victims... and willingly joins them?! O_o
"Lady, I WARNED you that my plants wouldn't tolerate tresspassers, either! NOW look at you!"
"Mmh! Mmh!"

https://www.patreon.com/KavenBach
KavenBach
DamselDangerologist

Postby Ka-Atis » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:43 pm

I would love to see more insect stuff. Insect/human. In a horror vore setting where a huge insect slowly works human prey into its mouth, with all those mouth appendages (madibles, labrum, maxillars and whatever all of those are named) moving energetically around the humans body, slowly dragging him in.

4ofSwords wrote:So what do you think it is that makes them less interesting? The extra legs? The chitinous shell? It can't be that only mammals are cuddly - there are plenty of alien characters on the board far more frightening in the face than a grasshopper, and expressive lips and eyes are that much more foreign on a beetle than they would be on a snake, are they?

Maybe insects somehow fall inbetween.. They are not soft and cute enough for the nice-vore crew, and not alien/special enough for the horror/monster crew.. (?)

KavenBach wrote:Something I drew some time ago, but just added tonight. A non-antro centipede attack, the linked image and next four.

http://aryion.com/g3/showitem.php?id=177521

I love it how she is slowly dragged into that cave and into the insect.. :D
Now I eat you!}- >:-(.. ____ D: -{no.. nooo..
Ka-Atis
yum, slurp, and/or drool

Postby Ka-Atis » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:44 pm

Now I eat you!}- >:-(.. ____ D: -{no.. nooo..
Ka-Atis
yum, slurp, and/or drool

Postby Syndrome » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:49 am

I had an image for some spider vore planned out when my Art Program started to crap out on me. I managed to crop up the areas that looked semi-decent for your viewing pleasures. Not much, but it's something.
Attachments
Spider.jpg
Spider's Lair
Syndrome
Participator

Postby 4ofSwords » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:09 am

prisoner wrote:That said, it'd be the exoskeletons for me. I want the soft fur of a tiger, not the armor-plated exterior of a wasp. =/

Yup, I can see that. Usually when I try to draw insecty-type creatures, that gets turned into something more like rubber or latex - from armor into fetish gear. ;)
4ofSwords
???

Postby Very » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:44 am

Last edited by Very on Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Very
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 4ofSwords » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:50 am

Spiderbone wrote:Though wasps are pretty badass. >.>

Aren't they, though? And not in the least for their egg nourishment techniques: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasitic_wasp

Spiderbone wrote:It eats people by ... uh ... biting them and having them melt into a goo which it sucks up with either a straw or a hollow sucker-like tongue.

Hahaha - a straw! I hope he has a good pocket on him somewhere to keep it handy!

Edit: possibly the most bad-assest of the bad-asses: the tarantula hawk: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarantula_hawk
(That's my daily quota of colons right there.)
Last edited by 4ofSwords on Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
4ofSwords
???

Postby Very » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:59 am

Last edited by Very on Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Very
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby prisoner » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:17 am

4ofSwords wrote:that gets turned into something more like rubber or latex - from armor into fetish gear. ;)

Oh, I see what you did there. ; )

Spiderbone wrote:B-but... Bumblebees are cute and fuzzy? :cry: As are moths?

I've seen two highly attractive bee anthros...probably have both those pictures saved away somewhere, along with a moth/butterfly or something. Other than that, I haven't seen much of insects that I've enjoyed.
prisoner
---

Postby Siuddithsi » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:47 am

While fantasy arthropods can do what you like, real centipedes are mandibulate. That is, they chew their prey up, bite by bite. Their venom is delivered by "fangs" located near the mouth, not by a sting and I've only heard of digestive type enzymes in real centipedes, not paralytic. Tiny bites are common in insects. Preying Mantises are one of the more successful insect predator groups but their predation is designed around holding their prey still with those huge forelimbs and taking tiny, even dainty, bites out of their head until they die. The "sucking the juices out of your prey" theme is also pretty popular. Not only spiders, but many beetle larvae, lacewing larvae, antlions and the entire order hemiptera do this. I've never seen them illustrated but the Assassin Bugs (Reduviidae) have a very freudian proboscis (beak) that they use to suck the life out of their prey. That's gotta be worth a vore art treatment.

Western culture tends to "demonize" arthropods. Except for those species we devour ourselves like shrimp and lobster, arthropods are considered "unclean" like flies and cockroaches. The "Lord of the Flies" is one of the few "demons" whose name (Beelzebub) is relatively widely known in popular culture. Real insects devour in swarms, think maggots on a corpse, the army ants from "The Naked Jungle" (good movie) leaving nothing but skeletons in their wake and the beetles from "The Mummy". Not exactly "sexy" images, and very, very hard vore. Each of the millions of teeth biting the victim takes a bite the size of the period at the end of this sentence, until they hit the bone. That's GOTTA hurt!

Of course the "Ursula eating shrimp" scene from "The Little Mermaid" was a classic. And if I had a CGI lobster I would be certain to include a scene where they get to pick their human dinner from a tank.

But for soft vore stories you kinda have to go with the "giant insects" or "insect superpowers" theme. Imagine the villain, Assassin Bug Man, has seduced his victim in disguise. As he holds her tightly in his harms, his victim closes her eyes and opens her mouth expecting a kiss. But the moviegoers scream for her to open her eyes as his human skin falls off revealing the two foot long proboscis that he forces down her throat. Her full lipsticked lips pucker around the shaft as it slides down her throat to the sound of her gagging. Her eyes plead with him when it reaches full depths. Then her muffled screams are accompanied by a sucking sound as he drains the life out of her. Will help arrive? Will he let her live? Stay tuned...
Siuddithsi
---

Postby 4ofSwords » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:07 am

Siuddithsi wrote:I've never seen them illustrated but the Assassin Bugs (Reduviidae) have a very freudian proboscis (beak) that they use to suck the life out of their prey. That's gotta be worth a vore art treatment.

Hear hear! I have a backyard full of assassin bugs, and they are the most interesting critter I've seen in a long time (and I've seen a lot of interesting critters in this part of the world). I've still yet to see one actually eating, but with how plentiful they are, I imagine it must be common.

What I was thinking, though, wasn't so much "insect grows to human proportions and is a monstah" idea as a kind of "Chitiny" setting (if you'll pardon the horrendous furry rip-off), i.e. bug-on-bug action. Like this:

Garden Spider.jpg
4ofSwords
???

Postby Quantium » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:47 am

Nice spider drawings Spiderbone, I like them.
Quantium
???

Postby Very » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:44 pm

Last edited by Very on Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Very
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Siuddithsi » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:25 pm

4ofSwords wrote:...What I was thinking, though, wasn't so much "insect grows to human proportions and is a monstah" idea as a kind of "Chitiny" setting (if you'll pardon the horrendous furry rip-off), i.e. bug-on-bug action...

Wow. I thought I was the only one who used "chitiny" as an insectoid take on "furry".

The good AND bad news: I finally met someone as wierd as I am.
\/
8O

PS:
After years of lurking at the threshold (at risk of sounding Lovecraftian) I finally decided to take the plunge and join. But I thought there was a "Welcome new members" or "introduce yourselves" thread. Now I'm looking for it, I can't find it. Any hints on getting started with characters, illustrations, story submissions, etc.?
Siuddithsi
---

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion