SL Crash Help

A forum made for the vore groups on the game Second Life. Click here to find out how to get to us!

SL Crash Help

Postby FrogVoreFan99 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:31 am

I'm new in here, and especially in SL
everytime when my character is on the screen(I'm still on SLVC place), my SL crashes
Can anyone help me with this problem? I use a laptop that is Windows Vista
FrogVoreFan99
New to the forum

Re: SL Crash Help

Postby Rulke » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:53 am

Okay, my recommendation is don't use a laptop
Your graphics card is probably way too small to properly run SL
You need a new graphics card (I'm assuming you haven't got a good one because it is a laptop), probably more RAM
I suffer the same problem with my old computer and the simple fact was that the graphics card was crap and there wasn't enough RAM
Vista probably isn't causing any problems because I'm using Vista and my PC runs SL very fast
"I have never written anything but fictions, that does not however make them any less true" Michel Foucault
Rulke
Been posting for a bit

Postby tod3690 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:09 am

Using Windows XP might help, but then for me its easy for me to install that.

Also what is the computer your using?
tod3690
---

Postby Takeshi » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:49 am

Update SL, play with the video settings, try alternative clients, update your video drivers. If possible, install Windows XP (or at least 7), but that's more like a general advice rather than a SL advice.

I run SL with a horrible outdated integrated Intel GMA 950 video and it runs properly, although that's all I can say - the lags I have are pretty severe, but that's to be expected. So unless you have an old laptop, your system should most likely be able to run it...
Takeshi
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby spinny0700 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:05 pm

i use a pc to use sl i am only 17 so i will be transfered tonight in 3 minutes.
spinny0700
New to the forum

Postby Td1984 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:13 pm

I use a laptop to go on SL. It's relatively new (almost 1 year old) and aside from lag issues (at times can be pretty bad) I don't have any other problems with it. My laptop also runs on Vista.
Td1984
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Maurt899 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:27 pm

I've tried repeatedly to play SL but i frequently endure frustratingly bad amounts of lag + crashes, so i always quit and give up.
i think the lag comes from my craptastic video card.
i have a great one, its Radeon i think, but i cant get it into my compy because my current graphics card is some integrated thing i think...and there's no slot for the new one to go into.
is there some way to put in the new card by installing a new slot or something? or can i upgrade the integrated one somehow?
Maurt899
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby eatmeplease » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:49 pm

Maurt899 wrote:I've tried repeatedly to play SL but i frequently endure frustratingly bad amounts of lag + crashes, so i always quit and give up.
i think the lag comes from my craptastic video card.
i have a great one, its Radeon i think, but i cant get it into my compy because my current graphics card is some integrated thing i think...and there's no slot for the new one to go into.
is there some way to put in the new card by installing a new slot or something? or can i upgrade the integrated one somehow?

Not without completely re-engineering your computer.
eatmeplease
---

Postby firefox01 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:45 am

i use windows 7, have atie readon card even thought he specs said intel chipset,
1gig of dedicatef grahpcis ram
4 gig of regualr ram
i use pheonix and it someties chrashes but it only crashes when i move but not always, it doesnt ccrash every time i move, and wont crash unless i move

it is a laptop

i wil post the type of card if you require it as i need to fidn it
firefox01
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darthirony » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:41 pm

I use a mac, BUT; i do know that with windows i dont see much change, For the settings i usually have terrain and trees nearly at zero if your settings are custom. Then the rest is preference, depends if you want to have textures that are readable, then object detail needs to be high in some cases but otherwise if you just want the shape of it med for objects is good :D
oh....well, want a cupcake? ^.^
darthirony
Somewhat familiar

Location: Tn kodak; or under a tree with big bulging squirming belly o.o

Return to Second Life Vore Club