World-eating.

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

World-eating.

Postby Cowrie » Sat May 29, 2010 4:30 pm

I find this concept a turn-on to no end. Not just "absorbing" (for the want of a better word) all the life on it like the comic/cartoon character Galactus, but an entire world being swallowed whole. Speaking of Mavel, am I the only one who's gotten off on the idea of Ego the Living Planet being soft vored?

My idea of a world-eating sequence goes like this (feel free to apply a different pred, this is just my pref):

Some sort of fairly small space-worm gets sucked into orbit around an earth-like world. As it eats sattalites and such, it grows to a great size, though still much smaller than the planet. Say, five miles long with a mouth that has a one mile diameter. It's orbit tightens to the point where it touches the outermost regions of the atmosphere (or whatever). When it's mouth makes contact, it begins to stretch wider and wider until over the course days, it has eaten the planet entirely, now taking it's place in orbit of it's star.
(WARNING!: Digestion content ahead!)
Only now, acid starts to seep into it's belly, seeming as yellow rain to the inhabitants of the world. Suddenly, the stomach contracts, causing the worm to belch up much of the air, leaving only enough oxygen for a very few to survive to see the horrors of digestion. The now-tight chamber begins to churn causing increasingly larger bits of the worm's enormous meal to break off. Soon, it is shown that the acid had only just began to flow. A massive tidal wave of bile sweeps over the planet, eating the world away right down to the core, though it takes weeks to do so.

(NOTE: Digestion content complete!)
I'm gonna stop here, because that's where my fantasies usually break off, for this particular concept. So, anyone else into this?
I am open for art commissions or trades! See here for details.
Cowrie
???

Re: World-eating.

Postby giantessfanx » Sat May 29, 2010 5:38 pm

The original Star Trek did something like that. Except it was a huge doomsday machine that looked like a giant worm thing.
Why are you looking at me that way?

Please visit me at http://fantasylord25.deviantart.com/ and http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/user_id/therandom

Also check out my LFRP page here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19761
giantessfanx
Heavy user

Location: I'm not sure where, but it's dark, damp, and smells funny in here

Postby Rat_Guy » Sat May 29, 2010 6:22 pm

here are two pictures of the same event, they were drawn by Frakass

Rat_Guy
want to be a game sage

Postby Cowrie » Sat May 29, 2010 6:35 pm

And that is why you should never, ever use things without looking at all the warnings and instructions; Murphy's Law.
Cowrie
???

Postby Filan » Sat May 29, 2010 6:53 pm

giantessfanx wrote:The original Star Trek did something like that. Except it was a huge doomsday machine that looked like a giant worm thing.

which i think they gave a mouth full of breaching warp core at the end of the episode.
Elven Captain and Owner of the S.S. Hyperion, Hyperion Class Airship Luxury Liner Converted to Cargo hauler
Finest ship to fly the skies of Earth
Filan
???

Postby Lurker-No-More » Sat May 29, 2010 10:41 pm

Frakass's character Mary Curie has this as a kind of gimmick, so you should look into his work. He also has one involving a naga from some video game, and his space sirens from his Z Universe thing bulk up that way.

Crew97 from deviantart is building up to the world eating stage with his Brooke Comic. http://crew97.deviantart.com/gallery/

I wind up into this sort of thing, mainly because I revel in the idea of big. . . uh... 'meals'.
Lurker-No-More
Been posting for a bit

Postby Angel » Sun May 30, 2010 4:36 am

Angel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ka-Atis » Sun May 30, 2010 4:43 am

For me, it may work out nicely as some creepy sf-horror, when it's a worm, some larva or snake-like thing. Something octopus or tentacle thing may also be great.
In case of humanoid preds (where my 'willing suspense of disbelief' doesn't work anymore) it may be good for the laughs.
It will never work as a vore turn-on though - The size difference between pred and the sentinent prey is just too large.

Meanybeany made a sequence of a growing monster -
It starts out as a cute little thing, and ends with the "cute little" thing gotten huge and having eaten everything
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2352996/ (click "newer" to continue)

or, go directly to the world eating part here:
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2353008/
Now I eat you!}- >:-(.. ____ D: -{no.. nooo..
Ka-Atis
yum, slurp, and/or drool

Postby Lurker-No-More » Sun May 30, 2010 9:17 pm

One more, from Mamabliss's old vore archive, Mindless Consumption. It's about a lil' mouse girl who winds up with a biiiig appetite.

http://mindlessconsumption.com/Vore_Tales_17.html
Lurker-No-More
Been posting for a bit

Postby Cowrie » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:02 pm

Something exciting for me and anyone else who likes this sort of thing:

I am working on a game that WILL include this, as well as regular vore and various other stuff. And, best of all, preds can be anything from a humanoid to a worm, or even a dragon. Planets can also pred if they star out a certain class, but with same-size it's hard only, though there are a few cases where the soft vore much smaller prey. I'm not posting much else about it yet, though, because I'm mainly planning at the moment.
Cowrie
???

`

Postby deleteduser106 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:39 pm

`
Last edited by deleteduser106 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deleteduser106
New to the forum

Postby voreking100 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:03 pm

i have a 2 page comic on my gallery where my Naga character eats a solar system.
voreking100
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cowrie » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:44 am

Dancin Jack Flasher wrote:With planet vore, you have the idea of dominating/destroying everyone and everything all at once, but at the cost of intimacy between the pred and prey. One-on-one vore allows for a great deal of focus on said intimacy, and that really enhances the vore experience for me.

This is one reason I especially enjoy scenarios with "living planets"
Cowrie
???

Postby Ka-Atis » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:17 pm

Dancin Jack Flasher wrote:With planet vore, you have the idea of dominating/destroying everyone and everything all at once,

To me that sounds like some general mass destruction or genocide kink, rather than vore. :?

but at the cost of intimacy between the pred and prey. One-on-one vore allows for a great deal of focus on said intimacy, and that really enhances the vore experience for me.

Technically, it may be possible to reduce the distance between pred and prey. But I fear that would require the pred to be more human-like, which may be hard to buy. Demigod-stuff like Marvel's Galactus barely made it, the reason why I didn't facepalm or fall of my chair laughing was that it was in a realm where 'anything superpower' was pretty common anyway.

Dancin Jack Flasher wrote:Even so, I find the OP's idea to be pretty engaging, especially the digestion part. Sounds like a great concept for a short story!

When done properly, it could be either a nicely thrilling or creepy monster story, or some fantasy thing including a pantheon. Alternatively - something for great laughs. So to say, it may work in a "serious" context as well as in a humorous one. We have to be careful about the "Valley of Ridiculousness" inbetween though, which is pretty easily stumbled into when it comes to powerful things like this. Maybe it's just a personal opinion or preference in the end, but I would say - keep it to a monster like a space worm, since god-like humans easily get Mary-Sueish.
Ka-Atis
yum, slurp, and/or drool

Postby Ka-Atis » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:40 pm

I just had to think of the space slug in Star Wars.
http://starwarsdatabase.weebly.com/exogorth.html

Not exactly planet eating, far too small for that, but the concept may still be inspiring enough. These things *have* eaten chunks of imperial ships and do feed on asteroids.

Cowrie wrote:Speaking of Mavel, am I the only one who's gotten off on the idea of Ego the Living Planet being soft vored?

*googles "ego the living planet"*
uuuhm... I guess I would like to see that thing being vored, no matter how. 8O
Ka-Atis
yum, slurp, and/or drool

Postby Cowrie » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:04 pm

Ka-Atis wrote:
Cowrie wrote:Speaking of Mavel, am I the only one who's gotten off on the idea of Ego the Living Planet being soft vored?

*googles "ego the living planet"*
uuuhm... I guess I would like to see that thing being vored, no matter how. 8O

For some reason, it comes across that you want that because you don't like Ego. (Not that I'd blame you. he's a piece of work.)
Cowrie
???

Postby Ka-Atis » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:02 am

To put it that way - a huge face drifting around in space is more than my willing suspension of disbelief is able to take. Even when it comes from Marvel. Makes me think too much of poor science fiction from the fifties. Meh, I may technically be able to change my mind, should it be part of some really intriguing concept, who knows..

I guess the general thing is that I have hard time accepting powerful things having a human or human-like appearance. It makes them "mere human" to me, making it hard or impossible for me to suspend disbelief by default. I can enjoy Frakass' or Crew97's works on a humorous level though, and both are also - I must admit - pleasing to the eye. But Ego... No, neither is he done for the laughs nor is he particularly eye pleasing. In that case something else must be added in order to catch my interest.
Ka-Atis
yum, slurp, and/or drool

`

Postby deleteduser106 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:18 am

`
Last edited by deleteduser106 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deleteduser106
New to the forum

Postby Cowrie » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:02 pm

Ka-Atis wrote:
Dancin Jack Flasher wrote:With planet vore, you have the idea of dominating/destroying everyone and everything all at once,

To me that sounds like some general mass destruction or genocide kink, rather than vore. :?

Well, for me it's nothing like that, but, vore in general typically isn't for me. It's often about how the 'circle of life' works for me in the case of planet vore. Everything goes back to something else; even the largest elephant or the most brilliant human ends up worm food eventually.
Cowrie
???

Postby Ka-Atis » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:39 am

Dancin Jack Flasher wrote:
Ka-Atis wrote:

I love mixing various types of domination with vore – it imparts a great sense of completeness to a scene – but I’ve never extended that to genocide and the like. I just love the idea of a creature that possesses and uses such a great degree of control and power. :-D

Ok. While "destroying everyone and everything all at once" is mass destruction per definition, I see that the turn-on can be related to the *power* of doing this, rather than the action of destruction itself. In that case it would be a power kink then.

I remember being into such things some time back. One powerful being owned and controlled several planets, eating the inhabitants. Not all at once, but one by one, spreading a lot of fear and terror, everybody knowing that their turn would come eventually. So vore played a central role, but also power and domination.

Ka-Atis wrote:Technically, it may be possible to reduce the distance between pred and prey. But I fear that would require the pred to be more human-like, which may be hard to buy. Demigod-stuff like Marvel's Galactus barely made it, the reason why I didn't facepalm or fall of my chair laughing was that it was in a realm where 'anything superpower' was pretty common anyway.

I’m sure it’s possible, but even so, you’re still dealing with an enormous number of prey characters (unless there’s only one character on the entire planet, for whatever reason). Oddly enough, one character exerting control over many just isn’t as satisfying for me as a one-on-one scenario is. :lol:

Same here. In my case it's because the significance of one individual being's emotions drowns in the anonymous mass.

Ka-Atis wrote: When done properly, it could be either a nicely thrilling or creepy monster story, or some fantasy thing including a pantheon. Alternatively - something for great laughs. So to say, it may work in a "serious" context as well as in a humorous one. We have to be careful about the "Valley of Ridiculousness" inbetween though, which is pretty easily stumbled into when it comes to powerful things like this. Maybe it's just a personal opinion or preference in the end, but I would say - keep it to a monster like a space worm, since god-like humans easily get Mary-Sueish.

Well, that all depends the intent of the story, I suppose. Mary Sues can work excellently in fiction, but if you ask me, they’re best suited for literature that’s intended to fill a niche.

In general, I think a powerful being, or even an overly powerful being can work well in fiction, provided that certain requirements are met. Mary-Sues however, according to the definition of the term, do not work however. I think Wikipedia gives a good description of that phenomenon.

A Mary Sue (sometimes just Sue), in literary criticism and particularly in fanfiction, is a fictional character with overly idealized and hackneyed mannerisms, lacking noteworthy flaws, and primarily functioning as a wish-fulfillment fantasy for the author or reader. Perhaps the single underlying feature of all characters described as "Mary Sues" is that they are too ostentatious for the audience's taste, or that the author seems to favor the character too highly. The author may seem to push how exceptional and wonderful the "Mary Sue" character is on his or her audience, sometimes leading the audience to dislike or even resent the character fairly quickly; such a character could be described as an "author's pet".

Anyways - What kind of niche do you think of? Do you have any examples?
Ka-Atis
yum, slurp, and/or drool

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion