Wikipedia issue

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Wikipedia issue

Postby Marco » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:15 pm

Not the most reliable site to say the least. Wikipedia has reached it's self further into my bad books. Look atthis and this and you'll see what I mean.

Vore obviously exist - other wise we've all been talking nothing. And "No evidence" "NO BLOODY EVIDENCE!?!" The fact that I am one is enoughbut thoes thick heads don't get it!

Before all this deletion stuff I sugest a nother thing, but I wasn't a raliable sorces - once again the article is (In a sense) about ME!!! so I should be concidered relable enough!

Edited by Eka- Please tone down any insult, especialy in the topic next time.

:x
Avatar done as gift by Aviannapper. Deeply appreciated.
Marco
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Wikipedia reached a NEW level of crapness.

Postby Radijs » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:18 pm

...What happened?
Radijs
---

Postby Skiplin » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:20 pm

Those bastards...!

I mean wait... What exactly is going on now?

:?
Dragons... Are great.
Skiplin
Somewhat familiar

Postby Requiem » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:28 pm

..."amateur artwork"?!

*curls up and dies*
"A solid beginning may lead to the perfect ending. Go for it!"--Charles Glover, Power Stone 2
Requiem
Three Pencil Style!
Three Pencil Style!

Postby Kfox » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:32 pm

Ok, I'm gonna share my ideas on the matter.

I've been with the vore community for almost ten years now. (under one name or another) and it just seems like the more public exposure that we get the more people love to sit and just rip us apart.

Eka's and other vore sites out there are where I go to relax and get my mind of the real world. The last thing we need are more immature assholes messing with everything. If they want to delete that I say let them. I think we're all better off if mainstream people don't know about us.

On the otherhand I aways feel bad for all those vore fans out there who haven't discovered that they aren't alone.

It's a tough subject and I'm not really sure what is better for our common good, but I don't want anything to happen to web pages like this one. :cry:
Kfox
Participator

Postby DarkArtist » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:37 pm

Agreed Kfox.

This is madness. Its not lack of evidence, its the fact people dont like it and trys to make it go away.
DarkArtist
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby hextic » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:41 pm

This is one of the worst ways one can be insulted, by claiming that an entire community does not exist. It's ignorant people like those in the discussion and deletion pages that are probably just trying to take it out of view, and using the lack of scientific papers or news articles as an excuse to "clean" their world of things different from themselves. I may have been lurking here for a while, but this is just unacceptable.

I say we all register at Wikipedia and make ourselves heard as the vore community. They can't ignore an entire community posting confirming their existence. Let's be heard!
hextic
New to the forum

Postby Terastas » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:11 pm

The problem with Wikipedia is that all of its content was put there. Somebody could just as well Wikipedia "Holocaust" and change it it to define it solely as a conspiracy theory.

The whole reason people do this, of course, is to piss us off. Somebody out there is pissed off for no reason, but it's so much harder to address one's own problems than it is to just be pissed at some random obscure net culture instead.

I find it especially unusual that he chose to say we do not exist instead of just the usual flame warfare. He probably wishes our existence was defined entirely by his decision. It's teen angst with a side of power trip.
Terastas
Cobalt Cat

Re:

Postby MaxTwenty » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:15 pm

...Wasn't the article a... hell of a lot bigger, before? 8O

Bah. To hell with dingi. There's links to vore communities, enormous ones, directly on the article itself. If they think there's no real evidence, then they're quite full of themselves to think hundreds to thousands of people are maintaining activity here and other places just to make a fake article in their precious database.

Though I don't care too much what happens to a wiki article, I resent the fact that they're - in a couple cases - flat-out denying the fetish's existance. Especially given the fact that they're using "no academic proof/research" as an excuse, when they can't be bothered to click a link to something more valid than such a kind of proof.

But meh. To hell with them. There's a wiki here already, and any potential recruit with enough free time on their hands will inevitably google it.
MaxTwenty
Advanced Vorarephile

Re:

Postby diablodevil2 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:53 pm

I have created a profile to simply leave my two cents. I suggest others do so. Personally, nothing has ever offended me more. Literally. But, that's just how I feel.

Obviously, if they're going to delete it, that's their issue. But I want them to at least hear some of us.
diablodevil2
Author

Postby Teruyo » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:03 pm

So the obvious solution would be to restor the article to an earlier date, or edit out the falsities.
Teruyo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re:

Postby Ome » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:07 pm

Bah, Wiki's overrun by emo/teen angst. People wanna say I don't exist, fine, I can ignore them back. Not like they're stupidity STOPS us from being here and all.
Image The next time evil thinks to catch us with our pants down, they'll get a face full of kitchen!
Ome
Artist

Location: In your town, eating your women and stealing your cattles.

Why bother??

Postby Pontanius » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:40 pm

So they want to delete the entry?

I might be waaaaaay off here, but..
Why care that much?

Seriously, do you need a Wiki article to tell you about yourself?
Right, so we might like to give a proper explanation for our fetish to the world at large and the users of Wikipedia, but..
Is it really that important to have a Wiki about it and us?

Far as I know, the general concensus is to fly under the radar to avoid hate-articles and such..

Besides, type 'voraphilia' in google and you get a rather nice return..

Type in 'vore', however, and you get a really bad result because 'vore' is Danish/Swedish/Norwegian for 'ours'..

And really, I actually can't be bothered by this.. Sorry..
Pontanius
Been posting for a bit

Re: Why bother??

Postby Shinnigami » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:44 pm

That just burns my ass.

I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Anyone who says that vore artwork is mediocre or crappy has definitely never seen anything by Karbo. I would probably like his drawings even if I wasn't a voreaphile.
Shinnigami
---

Postby WHTB » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:49 pm

*Drama drama drama!*

zOMG! EVERYBODY PANIC!

Actually, I don't see what the big deal is. Who cares?

Side note: 99% of vore art is crappy, most of my stuff included. There. I said it. Wah wah wah.
WHTB
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Kain » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:17 pm

WHTB I dont know if the vore art comment was....timed correctly
Kain
Participator

Postby MaxTwenty » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:19 pm

Umm... they didn't say crappy. The word "amateur" came up once... and unless someone is making all their money off comissions, it's true.
MaxTwenty
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Liero » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:22 pm

Kain wrote:WHTB I dont know if the vore art comment was....timed correctly

Actually, I think it was timed perfectly depending on your point of view.
Liero
New to the forum

Postby Eka » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:28 pm

Please handle this issue rationally and maturely.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Baz » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:30 pm

Amateur simply means that you don't do it professionally.

Therefore, 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999% of all vore art is ameteur. Amateur is NOT a description of quality.

End of drama.
"I might not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it to the death." E. B. Hall
"I have two types of friend. You're either my kind of asshole, or my kind of nutter. It's up to you to decide which one you are!"
Baz
Yat

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion