Ayvuir Blue gone?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Ayvuir Blue gone?

Postby Shoneid » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:51 am

I know he hasn't posted anything new in quite a while... well, actually next to nothing. I logged onto deviant art today and found that he deleted his user page. Anyone have any information about this?
Shoneid
New to the forum

Re: Ayvuir Blue gone?

Postby psychoboy07 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:39 pm

I know about as much as you, Shoneid.

Shax and I corresponded semi-regularly until three or four weeks ago, and I haven't seen hide or hair of him since. To the best of my knowledge, his account at Disturbed Things is still active, but I haven't seen him around there, either.

I know he has a blog, but I've long since lost the address for it.
psychoboy07
Participator

Postby coyoteman362001 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:15 pm

psychoboy07 wrote:I know he has a blog, but I've long since lost the address for it.

http://spacemantis.livejournal.com/ (newer)
http://shax.livejournal.com/ (older)
coyoteman362001
Been posting for a bit

Postby psychoboy07 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:55 pm

coyoteman362001 wrote:
psychoboy07 wrote:I know he has a blog, but I've long since lost the address for it.

http://spacemantis.livejournal.com/ (newer)
http://shax.livejournal.com/ (older)

Many thanks, coyoteman. I'll be sure to bookmark them this time . . .

:oops: Ben
psychoboy07
Participator

Good News/Bad News

Postby psychoboy07 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:45 am

BAD NEWS: Yes, "Ayvuir-Blue" is indeed gone.

GOOD NEWS: Shax himself is alive and presumably doing well. He had wanted to move away from the Princess Peach D.I.D. material for a while now, but his hand was forced by some scumbag who kept stalking his account, stealing his artworks, and claiming that he, the scumbag made them.

I believe it's only fair that we give Shax his space after these events. He's turned out a lot of great work the past few years. If he wants to set up shop again, I'm sure he will be more than happy to share it with the entire vore community.

In the mean time, I believe it would be best to use this as an example that artists and authors are only human, too, and they have their limits.

- Ben
psychoboy07
Participator

Postby Shoneid » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:29 pm

That's good to know. I was aware of the attempts to move away from Peach vore, but the art stealing is new to me. I always enjoyed his art no matter the content. It was well drawn and didn't even have to be vore/nude for me to like it. He's a very talented artist and I look forward to a return no matter the content.
Shoneid
New to the forum

Postby jasamprn » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:05 pm

0.0, holy crap that sucks. He did some of my fav pieces, I can't belive what scum there are in this world.
jasamprn
Somewhat familiar

Postby Shax » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:00 pm

Shax here! Man, I was starting to wonder when (or if!) anyone would notice my DeviantArt gallery was a smoldering crater :D.

But yes, I nuked it a few weeks ago for several reasons. Ben mentioned one of the lesser ones; a certain DeviantArt member asked me about a year ago if he could "reference" a pic of mine for a drawing he was working on. I told him it'd be fine- goodness knows I use reference material all the time! Apparently, the word "reference" encompasses an entire gradient of meanings; on one end, you have my definition ("Using a photo, drawing, still-frame or other work to inform how a pose/outfit/figure should look"), and on the other, you have HIS ("Tracing large parts of other artists' work to make some kind of goddamn franken-drawing for the purposes of advancing the "story" of your completely impenetrable Sonic/Mario/Dragonball Z crossover fanfiction.") So yeah, I was a little curious to see whether he could actually produce any new art without ready access to my own.

The title of this thread actually ties into another reason: it's always bugged me a little bit to be referred to as "Ayvuir-Blue." It's completely my fault; I needed a screenname, and "Shax" was already taken, and I was pretty deep into Final Fantasy Tactics Advance at the time. I've pretty much regretted my rash choice of username for lo these many years.

The major reason, though, is the fact that the gallery was stagnant. I hadn't uploaded anything in ages and didn't plan to- partly due to not having much time to draw, but mostly because, when I HAVE had time to draw, I've been making a conscious effort to work on some of the non-Princess, non-peril and unoffensive projects that have been rattling around in my brain for a few years now. 'Course, the last time I uploaded something like that to my gallery- a picture of a fairy riding on a swimming frog, done for a friend- the comments section filled up with "when do we get the follow-up with the frog eating the fairy?" comments.

So in light of all that, it seemed like a completely fresh start was called for.

'Course, I don't think I'll ever completely stop drawing the kind of things relevant to the interests of this forum! It's just too much fun! It will, however, move from being my SOLE output to being a small, less-published part of it. But rest assured, if I work on anything that you guys might get a kick out of, I'll post it up :D.
Shax
New to the forum

Postby TheRedSnifit » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:48 pm

I sympathize with you, Shax; I did the same with my last dA account as well.

Out of curiosity, is there any link to a website with your past works & fics?
TheRedSnifit
New to the forum

Postby SeruOmen » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:09 pm

carollle wrote:So where will you post your new gallery ??

Taking a wild guess, but it's prooobably posts like this that discourage him from posting his artwork. Just chill.^^ I'm sure that when and if he does draw something with vore, he'll share it if he feels he should.
Dry Erase Kitty- where else can you find feline zombie computer viruses and inbred demon kittens?
http://dryerasekitty.thecomicseries.com/comics/
SeruOmen
I like sword

Postby UltimaSlash » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:00 pm

I take back what I have said, ignore this post.
Last edited by UltimaSlash on Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't listen to giant puffballs. They will eat you. Along with the hunrgy girls they are with.
It's now Ultima for short. Learn it or girls will eat you.
UltimaSlash
Participator

Postby Eka » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:20 pm

Shax wrote:Shax here! Man, I was starting to wonder when (or if!) anyone would notice my DeviantArt gallery was a smoldering crater :D.

Actually someone new whom I recognizes outside of the portal posting here, this is kinda rare. Anyhow, Heya Shax! Your work are quite good and I would like to see them sometime. It is unfortunate that someone decided to take advantage of it, but I would recommend don't let a bad apple discourage and change your attitude for you. Focus on people who deserves your attention!

SeruOmen wrote:

Taking a wild guess, but it's prooobably posts like this that discourage him from posting his artwork. Just chill.^^ I'm sure that when and if he does draw something with vore, he'll share it if he feels he should.

UltimaSlash wrote:I concur. I've seen a lot of artists being badgered about when they are going to put up their gallery again. If he wants ta draw again in the future, that's his decision. No one else's. Whether or not he does in the future is a different story.

While Artist shouldn't be harassed into posting things, Shax on a previous post clearly stated that he will post it up. Asking where he will be posting it in this context seem pretty relevant. If the artist doesn't want to tell people where he will post it up, the artist can answer that themselve. Please don't be over protective on artists and harsh on innocent inquires like this.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Deleteduser8156226 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:52 pm

SeruOmen wrote:

I think he said he wanted to try drawing something else then vore. It doesn't mean he won't share it and that's probably what carollle was asking about.

Anyways, that's too bad, you were almost the only artist I know that fitted perfectly in the artwork's criterias I have. Simple, colored and digital*. I don't really get why people are so surprised to see changes. For an example, if ultima tried to color his/her/I don't care/ pictures, he would probably not be much acclaimed for it.

*Not sure it was but it looked like it. And that's what I like.
Mah cookie zall like: Oh noes, Imma get nomzd
Deleteduser8156226
Been posting for a bit

Postby RubbishWriter » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:38 pm

Yeah, I enjoy Shax's vibrant and colourful art style anyway, so even if he doesn't do any further vore pieces, it'll still be nice to see his progress somewhere.
RubbishWriter
Somewhat familiar

Postby Shax » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:35 pm

SeruOmen wrote:

Taking a wild guess, but it's prooobably posts like this that discourage him from posting his artwork.

Yeah, that was a pretty wild guess :D. I appreciate where your heart's at, here, but I'm a big boy- I can look after myself :D.

(Besides, it's not THIS that keeps me from posting my stuff- it's not having any stuff to POST.)

It's not so much questions like this, which are completely relevant and in context. It's when I'd post a completely innocent picture like, say, a pic of a friend's character riding on a frog, and within three hours, I'd already lost count of all the "WHEN DO WE SEE THE FOLLOW-UP WITH TEH FROGZ EATEN THE FAREY LOL" comments. 'Course, that's the problem with having a reputation for drawing vore, but considering I want to draw a lot MORE completely innocent (but no less awesome) stuff, I'd rather not have that kinda thing showing up in the comments.

But like I said, I don't think I'll ever quit drawing the kind of thing I've come to be known for- I just plan on making it a much smaller, less-visible part of my greater body of work. 'Course, I want it to be available to folks who want to see it, so I'll be requesting a gallery over here- if it goes through, I'll let y'all know :D.

Eznam wrote:Anyways, that's too bad, you were almost the only artist I know that fitted perfectly in the artwork's criterias I have. Simple, colored and digital*.

*Not sure it was but it looked like it. And that's what I like.

Yes indeed, all my stuff's colored digitally. The fact that it's what you look for in a picture is actually kind of a twist- I know of a lot more people who see digital art as "cheating." Which makes sense, seeing as how everyone who touches a copy of Photoshop is instantly a digital rendering master, right? :roll:
Shax
New to the forum

Postby Eka » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:44 pm

It's not so much questions like this, which are completely relevant and in context. It's when I'd post a completely innocent picture like, say, a pic of a friend's character riding on a frog, and within three hours, I'd already lost count of all the "WHEN DO WE SEE THE FOLLOW-UP WITH TEH FROGZ EATEN THE FAREY LOL" comments. 'Course, that's the problem with having a reputation for drawing vore, but considering I want to draw a lot MORE completely innocent (but no less awesome) stuff, I'd rather not have that kinda thing showing up in the comments.

Those are already namely discouraged in the General equitette for the most part. Though I doubt we can fix everything. In the newer version of the gallery Leshana will be addressing this issue with a better layout and customization from Artist to commenter.
Eka
Administrator

Postby jasamprn » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:53 pm

Wow, I missed the picture in question before 0.0'. Good art is good *nodnod*
jasamprn
Somewhat familiar

Postby Angie_Furclad » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:31 am

Shax, if you're still reading this, it takes a lot of courage to start over and take a new path. I hope things go well for you.
ImageImageImage
Angie_Furclad
Flirtatiouse Feline

Postby Negator » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:39 am

Good on you for starting over then. Sorry to hear problems you've had though.

One of the artists who posts here and on DA uses two separate accounts though. One has the vore/fetishy stuff, and the other is the clean stuff he does. Did you try going this route at all with your stuffs? Your art has such a nice quality to it, I know I personally would love to view two separate galleries like that. If one doesn't get updated for a long time, who cares? The biggest thing is knowing that you didn't suddenly die or something. It's always worrisome to see a seemingly nice person just drop off the face of the internet. :P
Negator
Somewhat familiar

Postby Shoneid » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:39 am

It's going to be hard to move away from the comments for your innocent pictures, just by looking at the internet community in general. Not everybody is going to see this thread, and no matter where you post the "Please don't leave stupid comments" request, it won't be read by the majority. It means little, but you have my support in this and most likely the support of some of the more respected users and artists here at the portal.

(And my mistake on the Ayvuir Blue thing. Never was sure if it was that or Shax... or if Shax was a collaborator.. or a gnome that signed your art)
Shoneid
New to the forum

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion