Terraria Vore Mod

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
For instruction on how to add games to our download section, click here

Terraria Vore Mod

Postby Michele » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:25 pm

Good day!

Is there a vore mod for Terraria? I mean, it's a popular game, at least slightly so, with a lot of mods. I am genuinely surprised that there are no vore mods for that game, considering how many mods the game has.

I don't have any programming skills. But I would appreciate if there was someone or two who did manage to make a mod for this, even if it's just only a few predators. I don't think it'll be easy with the way the game is coded, but hopefully it's not impossible, right?

Anyways I thought about asking if someone or two has any interest in making a vore mod, but if it's not possible, oh well, I tried. (Yes, I know there's another thread about Terraria, but like, I don't think anyone had made a mod for it. It's a dead thread, so I don't want to necro it)
Michele
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:37 am

Re: Terraria Vore Mod

Postby killermeow » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:56 pm

I'm going to stop you there. Please don't beg for mods, it always blows up in the beggars face, especially when they pull the 'I have no experience, I have ideas only' card and don't immediately say they're willing to shell out the money for a commission from someone who CAN make it. The fact there's a dead thread and no results should tell you your answer as well, not enough talent/interest to make it even if it is possible. Honestly, your best bet is to forget about a Terraria vore mod and just go over to Starbound instead, similar enough system anyways and already has the SSVM, which is the best you'll get for a game like this at this point in time. If you're dead set on a Terraria vore mod, good luck trying to find someone willing to do it, but I wouldn't hold my breath at this point.
Now, back to our scheduled lurking.
If I sound rude, I'm being blunt, likely because somebody did something stupid. I'm not the best at controlling it sometimes
killermeow
Intermediate Vorarephile
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:20 pm
Location: The dragons lair, sadly its empty

Re: Terraria Vore Mod

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:38 pm

Terraria also is a bit... tricky... to install and play modded. More so than other games.
I'm the Christian-Brony-Voraphile. An acolyte of MaDneSs! And SlimeGirl Connoisseur!

I use "Gulps" like stars. I.E. :gulp: :gulp: equals 2-stars. ^^
User avatar
Turbotowns
---
 
Posts: 1483
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:16 am
Location: Ohio, America
Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: Terraria Vore Mod

Postby HyperlinkError » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:46 pm

oh well. you tried
User avatar
HyperlinkError
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:26 am

Re: Terraria Vore Mod

Postby Jadex » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:06 pm

ya gonna be honest as much as I love Terraria, should probably just stick to making vore fanart of the game (if you really want vore in it that bad). like what would the mod even be, most I could imagine is something like starbounds simple vore mod but I mean even then that's what starbounds for.
don't let us stop you from following your dreams or whatever though, you can always do something wild like take the sprites from terraria and make your own 16-bit pixel-based game with vore in it
User avatar
Jadex
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:10 am
Location: Somewhere in Cheeseland

Re: Terraria Vore Mod

Postby Michele » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:07 am

killermeow wrote:I'm going to stop you there. Please don't beg for mods, it always blows up in the beggars face, especially when they pull the 'I have no experience, I have ideas only' card and don't immediately say they're willing to shell out the money for a commission from someone who CAN make it. The fact there's a dead thread and no results should tell you your answer as well, not enough talent/interest to make it even if it is possible. Honestly, your best bet is to forget about a Terraria vore mod and just go over to Starbound instead, similar enough system anyways and already has the SSVM, which is the best you'll get for a game like this at this point in time. If you're dead set on a Terraria vore mod, good luck trying to find someone willing to do it, but I wouldn't hold my breath at this point.


I'm not sure where or what part is making you imply that I'm begging, but I didn't specifically say there had to be one now. I only brought it up because it was first brought up 6 or 7 years ago, and considering how old the thread was, I was asking for any possible update. I'm fine with the fanarts honestly, no mods isn't a dealbreaker to me; and if to you it seems like I was begging, then it was not my intention.

I have the game you're mentioning (Starbound) and it's really enjoyable to me, even in gameplay without the vore mod. I'm not really deadset about the mod, so I think I'll just not reply here unill further notice; all I really wanted to say was if there was someone or something motivated.
Michele
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:37 am

Re: Terraria Vore Mod

Postby YouCanFreshMyFresh » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:36 pm

Michele wrote:
killermeow wrote:I'm going to stop you there. Please don't beg for mods, it always blows up in the beggars face, especially when they pull the 'I have no experience, I have ideas only' card and don't immediately say they're willing to shell out the money for a commission from someone who CAN make it. The fact there's a dead thread and no results should tell you your answer as well, not enough talent/interest to make it even if it is possible. Honestly, your best bet is to forget about a Terraria vore mod and just go over to Starbound instead, similar enough system anyways and already has the SSVM, which is the best you'll get for a game like this at this point in time. If you're dead set on a Terraria vore mod, good luck trying to find someone willing to do it, but I wouldn't hold my breath at this point.


I'm not sure where or what part is making you imply that I'm begging, but I didn't specifically say there had to be one now. I only brought it up because it was first brought up 6 or 7 years ago, and considering how old the thread was, I was asking for any possible update. I'm fine with the fanarts honestly, no mods isn't a dealbreaker to me; and if to you it seems like I was begging, then it was not my intention.

I have the game you're mentioning (Starbound) and it's really enjoyable to me, even in gameplay without the vore mod. I'm not really deadset about the mod, so I think I'll just not reply here unill further notice; all I really wanted to say was if there was someone or something motivated.


You may want to read this article on being an "idea guy" going forward.
User avatar
YouCanFreshMyFresh
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:56 am

Re: Terraria Vore Mod

Postby jademask114 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:08 pm

YouCanFreshMyFresh wrote:
Michele wrote:
killermeow wrote:I'm going to stop you there. Please don't beg for mods, it always blows up in the beggars face, especially when they pull the 'I have no experience, I have ideas only' card and don't immediately say they're willing to shell out the money for a commission from someone who CAN make it. The fact there's a dead thread and no results should tell you your answer as well, not enough talent/interest to make it even if it is possible. Honestly, your best bet is to forget about a Terraria vore mod and just go over to Starbound instead, similar enough system anyways and already has the SSVM, which is the best you'll get for a game like this at this point in time. If you're dead set on a Terraria vore mod, good luck trying to find someone willing to do it, but I wouldn't hold my breath at this point.


I'm not sure where or what part is making you imply that I'm begging, but I didn't specifically say there had to be one now. I only brought it up because it was first brought up 6 or 7 years ago, and considering how old the thread was, I was asking for any possible update. I'm fine with the fanarts honestly, no mods isn't a dealbreaker to me; and if to you it seems like I was begging, then it was not my intention.

I have the game you're mentioning (Starbound) and it's really enjoyable to me, even in gameplay without the vore mod. I'm not really deadset about the mod, so I think I'll just not reply here unill further notice; all I really wanted to say was if there was someone or something motivated.


You may want to read this article on being an "idea guy" going forward.


Don't be that person, this isn't "idea guy" and isn't the only post like this so stop.
User avatar
jademask114
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:48 pm

Re: Terraria Vore Mod

Postby mojaveraider » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:29 pm

Terraria is like...8-12 bit? Not my first pick for vore mods. :roll:
https://www.facebook.com/sharon.cassidy.010486
User avatar
mojaveraider
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:32 pm
Location: Goodsprings, NV
Blog: View Blog (9)

Re: Terraria Vore Mod

Postby Skittles209 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:16 pm

There are/was/is a vore mod made by someone for their own personal use that I think they were wondering if anyone would also want to play or something. Sounding like Pinnochio from Shrek. But with any pixelated game, vore is in the context and player knowing rather than anything graphically seen.
User avatar
Skittles209
Participator
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:15 pm
Blog: View Blog (22)

Re: Terraria Vore Mod

Postby Anesthetic » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:24 am

That Article on the Idea Guy is wrong. Just Flat Out Wrong.

Idea Guy... Seems Smart?

What is he Smoking, cause it must be STRONG stuff.

The Idea guy always comes off as a MORON who has no idea what's realistically attainable.

They'll be like, "Let's invent an FTL drive", and you'll be like, "That's Impossible", and they'll be like, "You'll have to figure that out, I can't do all the work."
User avatar
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:10 am

Re: Terraria Vore Mod

Postby ekadragon » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:05 am

... Wow guys, way to be extremely hostile to a person who is genuinely expressing a interest in the potential for a vore mod in a game that nobody so far has had the desire to cover for whatever reasons be it programming or simply lack of interest. How about, instead of being 'that guy' who just shows up, posting INCREDIBLY RUDELY at someone for having a interest in something just because they themselves don't have the particular talents to be able to achieve something like what they want by themselves, you actively post SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE that HELPS the poster be able to learn what they could need to know in order to be able to achieve the thing they want in the game.

Seriously... =_=# 'If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all' ring any bells?

Now, Michele, if you are still willing to read this topic after the rather rude posts prior (or for that matter, if anyone else has the intention to attempt to do a Terraria vore mod), here's what you need to know if you intend to tackle this sort of mod. Terraria relies on specific sprite IDs for everything, be it the player model, the weapons they use or the spells they cast. The same is true of the monsters. In order to be able to get a vore mod to work with Terraria, there are four things that are required to be done:

1) Creation of the relevant sprites to be able to cover every vore type that you want to see for the respective creatures and players you want to cover, including any consequences for said vore types (did they unbirth? Did you get transformed because of said unbirth? Did you get eaten and digested? How do you want the monster to remove what remains?).

2) You need to define any status effects and just exactly how each vore for each creature or player is going to happen, along with how long each of these stages and effects occur and any potential alterations that can occur because of specific interactions (for instance, is it possible for you to 'tame' a monster by pleasing it thus making it become a interactive NPC? Do certain actions cause damage to the pred or you?). Status effects are a good way to keep a good track of effects on players and entities and it is also how Starbound keeps track of vore in SSVM, so it's a good idea to consider this approach.

3) You need the C# coding knowledge to be able to code out each and every interaction, including how often these things could occur, triggering the animations by button presses, calling the correct sprites for each part, procedural effects like changes in the sprites, any status effects and changes in behaviors for AI as a result of the vore effects etc. This is possibly the hardest part.

4) You need to finally playtest what you have created and then if something is wrong, go back and try to fix what is broken which could be ANY of the prior steps or all of them, then re-test. This is possibly the most time consuming part and is always THE MOST IMPORTANT PART. You do not want a bug to cause people's games to crash, ruin worlds or character data after all!

To help you along, I'll give you a tip on how to resolve the first step. Terraria's forums have a fairly active texture pack community that has a good inkling (woomy *shot*) of how these sprite IDs work for various things from items to player spite changes. There is also N-terraria that did alternative player races which gives the clear indication that additional player sprite IDs and codes can be added, with Terraria Overhaul and the big content mods (Thorium and Calamity) that can clearly affect the behaviour of the world and of monsters. I would highly recommend looking into these aspects to help you with the initial starting for the sprite work, so you understand how Terraria works for this.

See? Despite not having the ability to create the mod myself for Michele, I have posted a CONSTRUCTIVE and HELPFUL response that can help them or anyone else who decides to look into this matter. Is having good manners and a general sense of courtesy really so hard?
ekadragon
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:24 am

Re: Terraria Vore Mod

Postby killermeow » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:43 am

Constructive and helpful is all well and good... If the person is actually looking to bring the mod to life themselves or is looking to commission one. This is a case of trying to beg out one, and nobody likes dealing with people begging for free things that take a lot of hard work and time to create- especially when there's already a better alternative that's already been pointed out, the SSVM. I could understand if they were expressing interest in learning to do it themselves, but in a thread like this where they've shown they don't want to do the work and have made no effort to say otherwise- actively saying they want to 'Motivate someone else' is poorly deflecting they're just begging.

They aren't going to put in the work, they aren't going to do anything that motivates someone else to do the work, they aren't putting up money for the work to be done. Giving them advice on how to do it is literally a waste of time. Give it to people who want to try and do it themselves and you'd be right to be irritated with people like me who bash on the OP, but if they're just begging, as OP is, there is no point, as they will not listen and nothing will happen, as we've seen many times in the past.

I'm not the nicest in cases like this sure, but I'm also being logical. I'm also willing to take back my words if proven wrong, but based on OP's actions, that isn't happening. Better to just go to the SSVM like I said earlier than to try a half baked attempt at begging for a Terraria mod that will never appear if you don't do something more than beg by saying 'I can't do this, someone else can if they're interested.'
Now, back to our scheduled lurking.
If I sound rude, I'm being blunt, likely because somebody did something stupid. I'm not the best at controlling it sometimes
killermeow
Intermediate Vorarephile
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:20 pm
Location: The dragons lair, sadly its empty

Re: Terraria Vore Mod

Postby ekadragon » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:44 pm

See, I can understand if there is a legitimate reasoning for the scolding, but it's better to give someone the benefit of the doubt rather than assume that's exactly how they are. Maybe they want others to do it purely because they simply don't know how. In which case, when this is sort of a creative forum meant to encourage the development and creation of vore games and mods, wouldn't it be better to encourage that kind of creativity? I mean, if they don't accept doing it, that's on them, but someone later might come to this very topic and go 'Huh, so that's how it works?' and then get inspired to try. If nothing else, you've given them a example that the idea is at least welcome if they are willing to do so.
ekadragon
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:24 am

Re: Terraria Vore Mod

Postby Nouvi » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:25 pm

There's a reason for the responses.

First off, look at the third line in OP's post: They said they have no programming skills, hence they would assumedly not have the skills to make it in the first place, and then follow up with a hope that someone else made one. THAT is why people react the way they do, since it makes it extremely clear it's a begging thread.

On the other hand, as killemeow points out, if there was ANY incentive to either help directly, or actually support/incentivize others, the response would be wholly different surely.
Lurked for Years!
Nouvi
Participator
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:08 pm


Return to Vore game

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chocobo, Journeyman, Manchura, Niclos17, pronder, RandomName5, ShadowHawk, Sulac, syrusalpha88, TO13E, Unicornwill, Willingtobeprey, Winny and 33 guests