Dealbreakers in vore

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Dealbreakers in vore

Postby alockwood1 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:03 pm

On the topic of Sentient Fat and Waste, what's the point of it? I mean, I know that I prefer non-fatal vore, but having fat and waste be thinking, yet unable to say or do anything makes me go Why, especially if the scenario is a fatal one. Now, if it say a cruel Predator that's collecting trophies and it's a case of "I Must Scream ", I can get behind that, or it's a prelude to a Possession or Reformation thing, okay. But, I don't think that anyone would seriously want to be thinking fat or waste.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Assimilation » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:03 pm

alockwood1 wrote:But, I don't think that anyone would seriously want to be thinking fat or waste.

Any normal human would think it's fucking ridiculous that people would want to be eaten alive.
Assimilation
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby alockwood1 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:33 pm

Assimilation wrote:
alockwood1 wrote:But, I don't think that anyone would seriously want to be thinking fat or waste.

Any normal human would think it's fucking ridiculous that people would want to be eaten alive.

No argument there. Especially if they are Healthy, and basically want to kill themselves. I mean, I can understand mortally ill, and fatally injured, perhaps just wanting an end, even asking a Predator friend to help them do it - got a story or two along those lines. But, when the Prey is Healthy, and could potentially live another50+ years?

Sometimes I wonder how Willing one might have their characters be, if they actually thought about things from their point of view.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Sybella » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:31 pm

Not a fan of sentient fat myself, however, I have played with the ides of a prey being digested and becoming a egg cell within a female pred. Same basic concept I suppose, but at an egg has a potential of becoming new life
Sybella
New to the forum

Postby alockwood1 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:21 am

Sybella wrote:Not a fan of sentient fat myself, however, I have played with the ides of a prey being digested and becoming a egg cell within a female pred. Same basic concept I suppose, but at an egg has a potential of becoming new life

Yeah, I got something along those lines - Male Prey gets caught by Female Predator. They have sex, then she eats them. Next thing the Prey knows, they're due to be reincarnated as their own offspring - Predator's also surprised, as she's sure that she took a potion that was supposed to be 99% effective at preventing pregnancy.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby FishnorFowl » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:38 am

Different people have different preferences
It doesn’t have to make sense
It’s not like anything other than like a snake I guess could swallow a person whole irl (and even then it’s highly unlikely they’d still be alive, cause the snake would try to make sure they were dead first ) but that hasn’t stopped anyone, has it?
FishnorFowl
Somewhat familiar

Postby AdrianIlliovici » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:59 am

FishnorFowl wrote:Different people have different preferences
It doesn’t have to make sense
It’s not like anything other than like a snake I guess could swallow a person whole irl (and even then it’s highly unlikely they’d still be alive, cause the snake would try to make sure they were dead first ) but that hasn’t stopped anyone, has it?

Completely agree with this here.
I've seen way too many people complain about anal vore because "it doesn't make sense!"
Or they complain about cock vore, or breast vore because "it's unrealistic!"
I see that and I'm just like: What part of vore IS realistic? What part of it DOES make sense?
I'm pretty sure most vore enjoyers have all come to the conclusion that vore in general isn't exactly something that could happen irl, and is something that only non-nonsensical cartoon characters could perform. So I've always felt like complaining about vore not making sense, just makes BEING INTO vore, pointless.
AdrianIlliovici
Been posting for a bit

Postby Bradleymiddler » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:09 am

Based. Based. Based. 100% based. Reformation feels like it exist for vore fans who *WANT* to have prey die in their vore stuff, but also have a weird moral code, and think "Oh no, if I enjoy a FICTIONAL CHARACTER dying, that might make me a bad person, so I should bring them back!" I honestly don't get it.

For me, it's about being able to have the thrill of digestion without any character having to die in scene. That's it.
Bradleymiddler
Somewhat familiar

Postby alockwood1 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:35 pm

Bradleymiddler wrote:
Based. Based. Based. 100% based. Reformation feels like it exist for vore fans who *WANT* to have prey die in their vore stuff, but also have a weird moral code, and think "Oh no, if I enjoy a FICTIONAL CHARACTER dying, that might make me a bad person, so I should bring them back!" I honestly don't get it.

For me, it's about being able to have the thrill of digestion without any character having to die in scene. That's it.

I'll be honest, I don't like the idea of Good Predators eating Good Prey, for no real reason, and have it be Fatal - doesn't mean that I won't do it, but I prefer that there's a reason behind the killing, and possibly a consequence. I also don't like Casual Fatal scenarios, because, in general, I dislike the idea of a Sapient Predator eating Sapient Prey as a typical meal, if there's Non-Sapient options for food - like venison, beef, pork, mutton - or any other animal that weighs 150+lbs, or that much meat can be easily located without killing another person as food. Thus, I prefer non-fatal scenarios or reformation, or some such thing.

Now, if you think that I'm just some namby-pambi wuss that's afraid to kill - my John Wrangler has an in-series kill-count of over 60 vampires and werewolves, and more than a few humans, collecting one of their teeth after each kill. In one story, "Because of a Bear", he turned the tables on a vampire that thought that they could hunt them. The vampire gets an arrow in each shoulder, and knee, and John was going to shove a sharpened sapling up their ass, until he noticed a bear coming towards them. John's like, "I'll leave you to him." The vampire got his head crushed.

So, my question is; why are folks afraid of Non-Fatal and Reformation based scenarios, yet get off on Fatal ones, only to complain about situations where Prey turn the tables on Predators? Wait - that might be 3.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Bradleymiddler » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:21 pm

Assimilation wrote:I generally hate reformation in my vore content, but I've learned to coexist with its enjoyers.

In gaming genres, I love roguelikes and other types of game with permadeath, or whichever games include mechanics that can't be re-picked to give a weighty finality to the choices made. But it's clear as day that the majority of gamers would rather want gameplay where death isn't a total loss or even a major setback. From this lens, I've learned to trust that people who don't care for permanent fatal vore know what they are asking for and prefer it.

I also like writing reformation content because it lets me write the prey with a believable reaction beside “OH GOD I DONT WANNA DIE”. No shade on casual fatal vore enjoyers but I just do not see people being blase about their death. It’s a total immersion breaker
Bradleymiddler
Somewhat familiar

Postby GREGOLE » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:38 pm

We have once again drifted from "This is my personal comfort zone" into "Why do people like different things from me? It doesn't make sense!" territory.
GREGOLE
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AdrianIlliovici » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:33 pm

GREGOLE wrote:We have once again drifted from "This is my personal comfort zone" into "Why do people like different things from me? It doesn't make sense!" territory.

I mean, I don't think it's about hating that people like different things from us, I think it's just about us not understanding why people might like something we personally don't. Or vice versa: Disliking something that we personally do like. And we want to understand the mindset.

Like, if we look at the reality of it - Vore is a VERY grim and dark scenario. Cause whoever the prey is, is most certainly going to die, and it is going to be a very agonizing death at that. And for alot of us, that's what turns us on. But that's okay, cause we've accepted that it is a FICTIONAL scenario, taking place in a FICTIONAL world, that doesn't make sense. So if someone admits that they dislike fatal vore, and like non-fatal vore, it's kind of like: Well, why do you like vore, at all?

But again, vore is a fictional scenario, taking place in a fictional world. So there's nothing wrong with having it be non-fatal. So it's not like I'm kink-shaming them or anything, it's just that I personally don't get it.
AdrianIlliovici
Been posting for a bit

Postby AdrianIlliovici » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:43 pm

Like, I personally REALLY dislike rape. Especially in vore. To me, vore is sadistic and painful enough, adding something like rape into it is just unnecessary. And keep in mind, I love when my vore is effectively as evil and sadistic as possible. But I think that can most certainly be done WITHOUT throwing sexual assault into it.

And for alotta vore fans, I know that might seem VERY surprising. "So, you like when unwilling, innocent people get swallowed whole, and suffer a terrible, incredibly painful death. But dislike when those same fictional beings get taken advantage of?"

I know, I'm a bit of a hypocrite, here. But aren't we all? I've never admitted that I'm NOT a hypocrite.
AdrianIlliovici
Been posting for a bit

Postby Bradleymiddler » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:55 pm

GREGOLE wrote:We have once again drifted from "This is my personal comfort zone" into "Why do people like different things from me? It doesn't make sense!" territory.

sis please I said I wasn't throwing shade on anyone :silly:
Bradleymiddler
Somewhat familiar

Postby IddlerItaler » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:55 pm

stankoman223 wrote:Lastly is more of a whole setting, which is anything where vore is systematically enforced. Like, a specific species is predator or prey and society looks down on they prey. Or humans for some asenine reason surrender to an alien species and become enslaved, leading to vore. Hell, even if humans or any other species become that inferior prey species willingly, like in Wolfsnack's setting (no hate to them), If I wanted to jack off to what is basically just racism, I'd go and look at the news instead of a vore site. I'd rather start a revolution than try and live normally in those worlds.

I agree with this, especially in the last few years as I feel the world has been taking a darker turn and people have become less and less capable to live and let live. As to my tastes...

An individual predator degrading and dehumanizing their prey? That's evil, but hot in a BDSM context. And I can enjoy stories where those kinds of evil people sometimes thrive.

Different fantasy species preying on each other, with maybe some racial jabs and chauvinism? That can escalate into a race war if the writer is not careful, and the jabs can easily become too callous for me, but it's fun in moderation.

A regime which actually declares a species to be privileged predators and treats other sapient species as lesser and food? That's evil and barbaric on such a ludicrous level I can only root for their system to be demolished and for the ones responsible to face the equivalent of the Nuremberg Trials. "Your honour, I am tiger person and he was a rabbit person." is not a valid line of defense. Same dislike for X gender supremacy or extreme nationalism.
IddlerItaler
Somewhat familiar

Postby alockwood1 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:32 pm

IddlerItaler wrote:
stankoman223 wrote:Lastly is more of a whole setting, which is anything where vore is systematically enforced. Like, a specific species is predator or prey and society looks down on they prey. Or humans for some asenine reason surrender to an alien species and become enslaved, leading to vore. Hell, even if humans or any other species become that inferior prey species willingly, like in Wolfsnack's setting (no hate to them), If I wanted to jack off to what is basically just racism, I'd go and look at the news instead of a vore site. I'd rather start a revolution than try and live normally in those worlds.

I agree with this, especially in the last few years as I feel the world has been taking a darker turn and people have become less and less capable to live and let live. As to my tastes...

An individual predator degrading and dehumanizing their prey? That's evil, but hot in a BDSM context. And I can enjoy stories where those kinds of evil people sometimes thrive.

Different fantasy species preying on each other, with maybe some racial jabs and chauvinism? That can escalate into a race war if the writer is not careful, and the jabs can easily become too callous for me, but it's fun in moderation.

A regime which actually declares a species to be privileged predators and treats other sapient species as lesser and food? That's evil and barbaric on such a ludicrous level I can only root for their system to be demolished and for the ones responsible to face the equivalent of the Nuremberg Trials. "Your honour, I am tiger person and he was a rabbit person." is not a valid line of defense. Same dislike for X gender supremacy or extreme nationalism.

I'm going to honest, there's a reason I dislike Fatal scenarios involving Willing, Healthy, Prey, especially the overly-willing - reminds me of the more sinful form of suicide. I mean, if the prey was mortally ill, fatally injured, or already dead, then I'd be okay with it. Same if the Prey decides to perform some sort of Heroic Sacrifice - as in they took some sort of pill that will cause their demise, and became the Predator's Meal, which either kills the Predator, or causers them to sleep deep enough that the rest of the Prey manage to get away from the Predator - which I use in my Grand Escape/Big Meal Day stuff.

Personally though, Prey needs to have some sort of Survival Instinct. I mean - I understand that some might Freeze, but when you know that the Predator intends to kill you - time to either run away, or fight back.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby IddlerItaler » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:09 pm

alockwood1 wrote:I'm going to honest, there's a reason I dislike Fatal scenarios involving Willing, Healthy, Prey, especially the overly-willing - reminds me of the more sinful form of suicide. I mean, if the prey was mortally ill, fatally injured, or already dead, then I'd be okay with it. Same if the Prey decides to perform some sort of Heroic Sacrifice - as in they took some sort of pill that will cause their demise, and became the Predator's Meal, which either kills the Predator, or causers them to sleep deep enough that the rest of the Prey manage to get away from the Predator - which I use in my Grand Escape/Big Meal Day stuff.

Personally though, Prey needs to have some sort of Survival Instinct. I mean - I understand that some might Freeze, but when you know that the Predator intends to kill you - time to either run away, or fight back.

I can totally understand why willing fatal would make people uncomfortable due to parallels with suicide. As a silver lining, there are fantasy settings with magic allowing for sentient fat and reformation, which some would argue disqualify a story from the fatal tag.
IddlerItaler
Somewhat familiar

Postby alockwood1 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:03 pm

IddlerItaler wrote:
alockwood1 wrote:I'm going to honest, there's a reason I dislike Fatal scenarios involving Willing, Healthy, Prey, especially the overly-willing - reminds me of the more sinful form of suicide. I mean, if the prey was mortally ill, fatally injured, or already dead, then I'd be okay with it. Same if the Prey decides to perform some sort of Heroic Sacrifice - as in they took some sort of pill that will cause their demise, and became the Predator's Meal, which either kills the Predator, or causers them to sleep deep enough that the rest of the Prey manage to get away from the Predator - which I use in my Grand Escape/Big Meal Day stuff.

I can totally understand why willing fatal would make people uncomfortable due to parallels with suicide. As a silver lining, there are fantasy settings with magic allowing for sentient fat and reformation, which some would argue disqualify a story from the fatal tag.

Reformation, I can do, and use.

Fat though (and waste) - unless it's a prelude to Reformation, or perhaps Possession - um, no. Got some weight issues in real life, so fat's a not-good for me, and as for poop, when you're the son of a farmer, you shovel plenty of shit, so, again, a no-go for me. (Oh, and on the subject of farms - I don't like the idea of "placid" human cattle - livestock is far from placid - cows smack you into the walls, goats charge into you, chickens claw and peck the heck out of you, and none of those things can pick up a nice hefty stick, chunk or rock, sharpened piece of metal, or an axe, or a pitchfork.......)
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby T145 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:18 am

157and493 wrote:Excluding things that are obvious for most people like the sex or species of the predator and pery, is there any specific thing in a vore story/picture that might make you dislike it even if you would have otherwise enjoyed it?
For me personally it would have to be uninterested predators. When a predator eats someone and then acts completely bored and nonchalant it ruins the experience for me, but that is just my own personal preference.

So, is there anything in vore other than the obvious stuff that would make you dislike it even if you would have otherwise enjoyed it?

Genitals and bodily wastes are a complete turn-off for me, particularly the extremely exaggerated ones that sometimes accompany vore content.

To a varying extent, using vore to harm the pred, such as by hurting them from within, but that's arguably more to do with my own tastes in vore being more around mutual trust, and violating that being kind of uncomfortable/iffy. I once read a fan fiction that took an unexpected turn into the prey killing the pred from within, and ended up unpleasant enough of a read that I abandoned it altogether.
T145
Been posting for a bit

Postby IddlerItaler » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:51 pm

Assimilation wrote:In gaming genres, I love roguelikes and other types of game with permadeath, or whichever games include mechanics that can't be re-picked to give a weighty finality to the choices made. But it's clear as day that the majority of gamers would rather want gameplay where death isn't a total loss or even a major setback. From this lens, I've learned to trust that people who don't care for permanent fatal vore know what they are asking for and prefer it.

Thank you for the vote of trust.

Your example made me remember of Cakeinferno's animation "Encounter", which I can't recommend enough for those who are curious about those kinds of non-permadeath scenarios. Predator eats the protagonist in a first-person game setting, and teases him about his fate every time he respawns.
IddlerItaler
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion