Trying to make people like my artwork recommendations?

Are you looking for a place to post your work, hoping to receive comments, suggestions and criticisms? If so, this forum is for you! Showcase your stories, drawings, animations, and anything else you have created here. You can even upload your files directly to our site! Note: Everyone is free to share opinions of anything here. If you can't handle criticism, refrain from posting here!
Forum rules
This section is for any artist, writer, animator, or any form of creation to share their work in order to receive comment to improve themselves better.

Read the rules in detail here

Read the Critiquing suggestion here

Please open only one thread per person. Detail here.

Trying to make people like my artwork recommendations?

Postby ChimyArt » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:16 pm

i usually post regularly but not at a fast pace, thought i't would be easier to reach for people of the forum as perse my finality is to try and live from this, soooo....
could you give me some tips of what do i lack, or tell me if i'm in a good pathway to something, i'll left here two pieces of mine so you can see
Attachments
a47b1041-a726-41fd-abc1-411c8ab213f1.jpg
e414a238-127b-4dc4-8b04-4d305ee715cd.jpg
ChimyArt
New to the forum

Re: Trying to make people like my artwork recommendations?

Postby Datstrudel » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:43 pm

I wouldn't say you're lacking anything personally. Your art is pretty good in my opinion.

I'm not really an seasoned artist, though I do draw occasionally, so I can't say I'm going to give good art advice. I think just continuing to draw what you want to and sharing it is the way to go.

Just continue drawing, sharing and posting. The more you do, the more people will see it. Though someone else can give you better advice than I can I'm sure.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby VictorBound » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:56 pm

Honestly, it just takes TIME, and a bit of luck.

Continue to make art, find small ways to improve as you go, and continue to build your audience.

Art is the hardest career path to get into, and get to the point where its your only job. But, it IS doable.

I have multiple online art personas, for different types of art, and can draw in several styles-(intentionally, I dont mix my vore art with the "normie" art for a reason, lol)

Its taken me a while to start earning anything regularly, but Its slowly growing for me, and Ive been making art for a number of years now.

Don't be too hard on yourself, but do always be trying to learn and grow. It is hard, I know, but its worth it.

As far as growth in audiences go- it takes time and luck, and most artists who become "successful" it takes YEARS to build up the loyal followings. Try to use several sites to grow on, with fetish art, policies change often on many regular sites- do your best to censor and meet standards on more mainstream sites, but keep an archive of spicier stuff on sites that allow it, and just keep posting when you can. dont burn yourself out trying to post everyday, just be regular and consistent.
VictorBound
Somewhat familiar

Postby TootLunch » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:40 pm

Pretty much everything VictorBound said.

What I can add is that you have to know your audience and find your niche and it is a bit of a paradox but what that really means is to make the art you want to make and be genuine about it and you will attract attention over time as long as you are consistent, if you go around chasing what other people want for the sole purpose of making money it will show in your work and it won’t resonate with people nearly as much.

When I say consistent I mean whatever amount you can make reasonably without burning out, if you post once a week, fine, just make sure you post once a week, if it takes you longer to make things, fine, just stay consistent, your audience will learn your output speed and that is what they will expect. You have to do it for potentially a long time, even years but that is the big hurdle that separates professional artists from hobby artists.
TootLunch
Been posting for a bit

Postby ChimyArt » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:10 pm

first of all thanks for the comments and the guide of what will come if i stay focused.

I appreciate that you didn't just told me "is easy just do this or that" and gave me a realistic expectative, burnouts for what i know (not experienced one yet) are not something i'll look to get in the future.
consistency is definitely something i need to acquire, and once more i'll say that im gratefull for your answers.

Hope to see ya around sometime in the future n.n
ChimyArt
New to the forum

Return to Work to be shared!