EatME Vixen Hunt - Hotfix 1.1.1 (23-Mar-24)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: EatME Vixen Hunt - Update 1.1 (20-Mar-24)

Postby ahungryone » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:34 am

That was a fun adventure. In the beginning I was dying a lot, but later I more or less grasped how to play and it was good. Actually, it kept me up until the dawn ^^;

Resource grind was counterintuitive in some cases. I struggled a lot with magnuggets and gold, those dropped like once and then refused to drop again for a long time. But this was in 1.0 version, maybe it changed.

Images, even if ai-generated, look nice. Especially loved the nymphdire_003 and playervixen_001 because of a quirk they share.

Reflect button made me think that player image will change. Images we have are cute anyway. I hope someday there will be more state-based images like full, in process of swallowing and so on. As a disposal fan I hope such images too will be included, but that might be not liked by others though.

On a possibly unintended but fun nevertheless side: I found it fun to let a fairy feed and grow. They seem to get stronger as they feed too, but probably not faster. But that allows them to eat creatures out of their usual size actually! Until the speed difference kicks in that is.

On my first run (on 1.0 version) it was with dire nymph and she was able to get over 5k kg. I was doing singularity path that time and she was able to eat nuns if I remember correctly.
Actually I had three of those at once and used them to get rid of the enemies that I was too lasy deal with myself as I hunted for resources :-D

On my second run (on 1.1) is was more of necessity with satyr: I was really low on fat so I kept one from the first location as a free boys to eat source. By the time when I averted the crisis, the satyr was already over 500kg because of the times it were faster on my hunts.
Also this one seemed to often slurp a boy, produce offsprig, let offspring eat a boy and then consume the offspring herself. It was kinda weird, but whatever.

If there will be a way to grow speed of the other creature too, it could be a fun challenge run to have another being consume a goddess on singularity run :lol:

Edit: magenta numbers in belly and depths for health/Mcal are more readable that green, but still uncomfortable. Probably it would be better to move those outside the icons.
Last edited by ahungryone on Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ahungryone
New to the forum

Postby Snorlaxkid » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:59 am

Woah wooooah woah, that's some bs, tigresses spawn way too often now, I get soft locked if I use the infinite lives cheat because one spawns in the first area before I can possibly flee from them.

Edit: Yeah, did some experimentation, tigresses (who AREN'T EVEN SUPPOSED TO SPAWN EARLY GAME) are apparently stalking you from the moment you press the start button now, meaning that 1.1 is completely unplayable as you're on a hard time limit that won't give you enough time to possibly build up the stats you need to survive the inevitable tigress. Whatever skills you gave the tigress completely broke their code, the game doesn't know how to handle it.
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AngelOfTaxes » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:58 am

vore2412 wrote:For some reason I can't get Beatriche to show up as a character to play as anymore. Moved her info to data, that's where it should be, right?

Copy over the "milestones.txt" file from your ver 1.0 save folder. Alternatively, you could mod out her unlock criteria.
Code: Select all
#NAME=Beatriche;UNLOCK=;

Slayerhero90 wrote:Any way to set an upgrade's EXCLUSIVE to blank with a mod? Like, say I want to mod my game so that I can eat god AND have a family.

Yes. Your mod can assign null to the EXCLUSIVE characteristic to clear it. You'll have to go through the exclusive upgrades one by one.
#NAME=vix_destinymultitude;EXCLUSIVE=;
#NAME=vix_destinysingularity;EXCLUSIVE=;

etc.

Slayerhero90 wrote:Also, the new metabolism increase is brutal. I might be doing it wrong, but I think you overtuned it.

I may have. You can tune it to your liking in the "defaults" table by turning DigestionEfficiency up and/or ActivityEnergyCost down.

Slayerhero90 wrote:Also also goddamn vixgenesis is hot but is the Action really the best place to put the male limiter? The intent appears to be in ensuring that whoever is mated with can reproduce, but I feel like reproductive compatibility would be better as another Character attribute, beside the existing attraction compatibility setting. This would be helpful if you, for instance, wanted to give one character multiple different reproductive moves, or if you wanted to have a generic reproductive move that cited the Character for what kind of offspring should be made.

Yup, vixgenesis is my first stab at a player offspring ability and the implementation is pretty rudimentary in a variety of ways (e.g. fixed offspring race and level), but I wanted to get something in there as a first brush. As always I make no promises about future updates, but let's just say that your ideas have an uncanny tendency to align with my notes.

Snorlaxkid wrote:Woah wooooah woah, that's some bs, tigresses spawn way too often now, I get soft locked if I use the infinite lives cheat because one spawns in the first area before I can possibly flee from them.

The nemesis spawn is intended as a mercy kill in case the player gets stuck by starving themself. It's a bit of an edge case, so I haven't really tested/tuned it much, and it doesn't play nice with infinite lives. Optionally, you could turn down her level in the "characters" table, for example:
#NAME=Cait;NEMESIS=tigress+1;
AngelOfTaxes
Been posting for a bit

Postby Snorlaxkid » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:31 am

AngelOfTaxes wrote:The nemesis spawn is intended as a mercy kill in case the player gets stuck by starving themself. It's a bit of an edge case, so I haven't really tested/tuned it much, and it doesn't play nice with infinite lives. Optionally, you could turn down her level in the "characters" table, for example:
#NAME=Cait;NEMESIS=tigress+1;

If so it doesn't seem to work correctly, I've never been starving when it spawns and it seems to happen even without cheats on. That or you have the stats so ridiculous for energy use that the game thinks you're starving right away... Honestly I'd say it's a bad system to throw in without some extremely thorough testing.

EDIT: Found the issue, you didn't just overtune energy cost, you made the game impossible. Unless you get at least 4 (something that legitimately will never happen) easy prey on all your first area hunts, you are ensured to be starving before you can even unlock area 2 (even if only briefly, it means that the moment you start to have sex or roll badly even a few times, the nemesis is GOING to spawn). With the fact it takes multiple actions to get new prey to show up, active energy cost CANNOT be anywhere near as high as you tuned it without the game becoming straight up unplayable, as you simply becoming starving between hunts no matter what until you gain the ability to increase the hunt percentage while idling. I had to lower it as low as 25 to approach a balanced state of difficulty without a few bad rolls meaning I'm just fucked.
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ripleysonic » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:32 am

I think there might have been a bug in the coding. Because, before I can even leave the first area I get hit with an enemy that can't be captured, overpowered, eluded, or scared away with snarl. All of the percentages were at 0% I also recognize it as an enemy at the higher levels so I think something might have changed. Because it happened to be an enemy that can just attack you the second year respond before you can even do anything else. Not that there was anything you could do to begin with. And if you're curious what enemy it was, it was tigress_002.
ripleysonic
Somewhat familiar

Postby GreenSlime » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:13 pm

So, since this game has been my brainrot for quite a while, a couple of suggestions (which MIGHT overcomplicate stuff so feel free to modify/disregard them entirely. I AM a complexity addict.)

-Ability to set up different images for PC based on current belly state/growth stage/unlocks/???. Even though AI art is kinda bad at putting out consistent images, this could be a boon to the folks who want to draw pictures for their modded character. Something like
Character_001
Character_001_belly
Playercharacter_001_stage2
Playercharacter_001_stage2_belly
etc.
For sanity's sake, this should be left fairly primitive. Reinvigorated Hedonism does that in a complex way and it's kind of a mess.
-One-time creatures. Not sure if it could be done with modding, but something like a flag that prevents spawning of more of the monster once it's eaten or muffed.
-Boss monsters. As of now, every creature is a one HP wonder - it's eaten/muffed and there's no interaction. Bosses could work on same heart system - for example it has 3 hearts and each successful action against them removes one.
-"The Wilds" and "My belly" zones being scalable with the game window size. With them being constant size it gets difficult to sort through all the creatures you're hunting (especially in multitude path where your hungry tribe annihilates everything before you scroll down to the prey).
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Mac100000 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:59 pm

ripleysonic wrote:I think there might have been a bug in the coding. Because, before I can even leave the first area I get hit with an enemy that can't be captured, overpowered, eluded, or scared away with snarl. All of the percentages were at 0% I also recognize it as an enemy at the higher levels so I think something might have changed. Because it happened to be an enemy that can just attack you the second year respond before you can even do anything else. Not that there was anything you could do to begin with. And if you're curious what enemy it was, it was tigress_002.

Yeah I got the same problem of a tigress showing up in the first area. I've had to turn on the extra lives cheat just to play and even then I'm not sure it does anything since she just keeps eating me and putting me back to "level 1" technically. So after a bit of testing it seems the tigress only shows up if you tank your fat and muscle reserves. Basically you got to not spam click like with the 1.0 version.
Mac100000
New to the forum

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:13 pm

The infinite lives cheat and elude action aren't very useful when even the first area you unlock can spawn a character you have 0% chance to catch, overpower nor elude. Elude should at least have a base %chance of say, 5-30% to elude even highly leveled characters, otherwise it's not very useful. Looking at a creature also gives you a poor idea of their actual capabilities, as the %chance of doing an action successfully seems completely unrelated to the %chances of catching and overpowering. I'd also recommend the bonus lives maintaining your highest reached level of strength and despawning all hostile creatures as continuing without your stats defeats the purpose of the cheat mode.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Antigone » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:39 pm

Yeah, 1.1 has opened many paths for modding I had quite my fun, like with sounds and paths, however I must admit if someone doesn't mod their own game it must be insanely hard. Number of screws is quite high in order to advance. With still no saves. And strength and speed gains are lower than before. I rn play at 60% energy cost and its still too high, like a gang of random vulpine suddently showing up can screw up my run even if I os everyone else simply cause I do not have enough energy, because even at 70% chances to slurp I miss 5 times in a row. Constently, not just bad luck. Not being able to access all variables makes this untweakable. Also the number of unexplained exceptions causing the game to crash has raised quite a lot.
Antigone
Somewhat familiar

Postby Antigone » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:24 pm

Alright, I just experienced the (not tigress, nemesis, so here a vixen I understood) mechanic when you reach 0 strength. Huh. I mean it's an ok way to make a game over but damn. Well in truth the nemesis making a game over when you reach 0 is quite a clever way to make it. But there is definitly a problem with energy, it goes away WAY too fast when compared to 1.0.
Antigone
Somewhat familiar

Postby AngelOfTaxes » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:44 am

Snorlaxkid wrote:EDIT: Found the issue, you didn't just overtune energy cost, you made the game impossible. Unless you get at least 4 (something that legitimately will never happen) easy prey on all your first area hunts, you are ensured to be starving before you can even unlock area 2 (even if only briefly, it means that the moment you start to have sex or roll badly even a few times, the nemesis is GOING to spawn). With the fact it takes multiple actions to get new prey to show up, active energy cost CANNOT be anywhere near as high as you tuned it without the game becoming straight up unplayable, as you simply becoming starving between hunts no matter what until you gain the ability to increase the hunt percentage while idling. I had to lower it as low as 25 to approach a balanced state of difficulty without a few bad rolls meaning I'm just fucked.

Okay, I hear you. Will look at further tweaks.

It may help to approach your first few prey slowly. Fully digest before you dump and don't hunt on a full stomach because it weighs you down (energy costs are increased by the weight you're carrying and your speed is reduced which makes it take more actions to find someone). As you build up an energy reserve and get stronger it's more feasible to hunt ambitiously.

Antigone wrote:Not being able to access all variables makes this untweakable. Also the number of unexplained exceptions causing the game to crash has raised quite a lot.

<gets defensive> I mean there's a bazillion variables and I'm trying to expose a lot more than most games do... <screeches to a halt>

Wait, tell me about these crashes!
AngelOfTaxes
Been posting for a bit

Postby Antigone » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:31 am

quote]

Wait, tell me about these crashes![/quote]

Found out after a while. I experimented with soundfiles, trying to create moves etc which worked like a charm, but the game kept crashing. When I opened after a while the log that was because one of the sound files couldn't be read. Which makes me wonder why since they all were coming from VGame, all were .wav, can't figure out why. Here is the culprit if you want. Yeah if you listen to it you'll understand I was working on digestion sequences, I'd need to make edits to the sound anyway since only one can be played at a time it was just tests.

On a more minor note, the game easily crashes if you fuck up with starting energy (like, if you had 300000 bones at start XD) but I found out why. Energy needed to be high enough to sustain the character right of the start else the game crashed. Well I was experiencing creating a giantess. Which I did achieve as a matter of fact.

Last exception I encoutered was when I was messing with uprades. I can modify the requierement of everything fine almost always, but once for some reason altering precaution (safer sex) so it doesn't cost ressources made exceptions at the start of the game. Not a clue why everything went back to normal when I copy pasted the normal precaution upgrade.

So in order to conclude I just fuck around with files, but while the last two are minor and me-induced the first one is very odd and not me-related.
Attachments
wav.rar
(7.59 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
Antigone
Somewhat familiar

Postby Antigone » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:54 am

Oh and btw here is a quick mod I put together from Hannah addon by Azumat. I added 3/4 lines here and there and made the moves 1.1 compatible. I'm 99% sure it requires the addon alternate digestion pathways. Adds willing OV, BV, AV and unbirth. It pressupposes that your character has some kind of pheromones, it's up to you to edit whatever you'd like of course. Might as well be magic eh.
Attachments
Willing mod by Antigone.rar
(1.69 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
Antigone
Somewhat familiar

Postby AngelOfTaxes » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:31 am

Antigone wrote:Found out after a while. I experimented with soundfiles, trying to create moves etc which worked like a charm, but the game kept crashing. When I opened after a while the log that was because one of the sound files couldn't be read. Which makes me wonder why since they all were coming from VGame, all were .wav, can't figure out why. Here is the culprit if you want. Yeah if you listen to it you'll understand I was working on digestion sequences, I'd need to make edits to the sound anyway since only one can be played at a time it was just tests.

Confirmed your crash using that .wav file, Studio gave me this error: System.InvalidOperationException: 'Sound API only supports playing PCM wave files.' So I guess there are different types of .wav files?? ^^;

The terrible truth is I don't have any idea what I'm doing with sound. I'm using the rudimentary My.Computer.Audio.Play method, which only supports playing back one sound at a time (as you noticed) and clearly has some other limitations not explained in the documentation.
AngelOfTaxes
Been posting for a bit

Re: EatME Vixen Hunt - Hotfix 1.1.1 (23-Mar-24)

Postby AngelOfTaxes » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:26 pm

Posted a minor update to tweak metabolism and nerf the nemesis. If you liked the brutal metabolism of 1.1, there’s a mod for that in the addon folder. If the game is still too difficult for your liking, there’s an easier difficulty mod available that scales metabolism balance back to about where it was in 1.0 (among other things).

1.1.1 Changes
Spoiler: show
    Increased default digestion efficiency and reduced default action energy cost. (Overall effect should be roughly half way between 1.0 and 1.1).
    Lowered the threshold for nemesis spawn (energy + fat + muscle combined must be less than 1/4 of bones) and added a grace period between additional nemesis spawns.
    Added a hidden “summonlevel” effect to the levelup upgrades. Sum of this effect is added to level of non-hunted player summons (e.g. vixgenesis offspring) so that they scale somewhat to your progress. (Since vanilla vixgenesis is only available after all the levelups, you probably won’t see a difference unless you’ve modded something.)
    Nemesis respects the new summonlevel, so if you do manage to attract a tigress very early on it should be possible to elude her.
AngelOfTaxes
Been posting for a bit

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:12 am

Here is the next upload of the replacement images, there is 170 done, I have started from the top and working down now.
https://pixeldrain.com/u/orvgj92F
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Postby KirklandSignature » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:50 pm

do you no longer unlock the other character through beating the game?
KirklandSignature
Been posting for a bit

Postby Hongry01 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:16 am

Pretty fun game, definitely an interesting experience even if it did get a little repetitive towards the end. I did end up getting stuck looking for a few of the late game resources for a while, but nothing too bad. I also didn't have too much problem with the combat, although I didn't rush towards new areas particularly quick either. Would be nice if elude was slightly better as I found that I ended up just using Snare and trying to brute force my way through tougher fights anyway.

I also didn't unlock the other character after beating the game, but I went for the dynasty/multiply ending if that's any help. Visuals are pretty nice, even if you rarely see your character or have them change over the course of the game. I'm not sure if your spawn are meant to view you as prey, or if there's some sort of willing prey option that I missed. I guess if I was to request some features it would be a changing character image and the ability to save

Good project regardless and entirely playable, thanks for working on it 8)

Edit: Character was unlocked, but I think you need to fully close down the game so that the milestones file is updated.
Hongry01
Participator

Postby FurFoxar » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:01 am

So far, had a few runs ! Love how the balance is at 1.1.1 .

My only gripe so far is that, when you die and you have respawns available, the enemy who digested you stays there, which leads to unwinnable/run-enders. For example, as Cait, I know that I cannot risk an encounter with a gargoyle before at least 80STR and ~20SPD, or my run is over.

It's annoying to have an enemy with 0% of elude, and 0% of snarl, have them digest you, and them still be there after, ready to re-digest you if you try hunting something else.

The respawn should at least clear the board of all hostiles, so that you can at least have a chance to adjust biomes and such.

Otherwise, the summoning mechanics are... though. I often have "demon spirals" where one demon summons another, which summons another... faster than I can eat them. It's a minor annoyance, since I just need to wait to have the previous few fully digested before keeping on, but I feel they happen a bit more now.

Vixengenesis is cool, but I've found that allies are not that useful, even as fodder. Love the idea, though, but it needs a bit more work to be fully realised I think. Maybe have your vixen allies have more usefuls perks to cover eachother ? Or have an action to fish out an ally from an enemy belly (and vice-versa) ?

Also, looking for late game resources is a bit though. I'd love to have an "encyclopedia" of sorts, where your character would record what kinda stuff drops where and from which enemy (maybe only after you've actually found the item?).

So far, very much enjoying the game, can't wait for more content/mods/stuff in general !
Please excuse my bad speilling... English is not my first language. Thanks !
FurFoxar
Been posting for a bit

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:31 pm

Please add a dark mode toggle. A lot of times I have to take a break from looking at it because my eyes are sensitive.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game