Mobile version of Eka's?

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Mobile version of Eka's?

Postby SunsetSteady » Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:25 pm

Hi all, just a minor thing I've noticed and wanted to present it in case it's not just me.

I realized today that browsing Eka's on mobile (Chrome, Android/Pixel 6) shows the desktop version of the site. I'm sure it's been this way for a while, but I recall there being a sort of truncated, minimized version of the site that would appear on mobile that particularly helped to make the literature on here more readable on mobile. I can't access this version of the site on mobile now, and my temporary solution was to slightly zoom in the site. And no, I don't have the "Desktop Site" box ticked in the settings.
Strangely enough, getting on my computer and using dev tools to view the mobile version, it looks like what I remember the mobile version looking like. I've seen online that this could be an issue with internet connection or my site settings/files, but I've tried many things and I can't restore this version. Does this version exist? Do I have schizophrenia? Lol?
Attachments
Screenshot_20231117-181704.png
Usual mobile frontpage...
Screenshot_20231117-181718.png
Desktop version of site (my userpage)
Screenshot 2023-11-17 182441.png
How the site looks when viewing the mobile site using dev tools
I write those dang ol stories! Check it out at my userpage!
SunsetSteady
Been posting for a bit

Re: Mobile version of Eka's?

Postby Eka » Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:42 pm

Just fiddles with your browser setting really, there's nothing else to it. it shows a more mobile-friendly front page when asked for it. We won't be testing all the browsers/setting, you will have to try a few things on your own to figure out why it doesn't work for a specific combination of devices/connections/browsers.
Eka
Administrator

Re: Mobile version of Eka's?

Postby SunsetSteady » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:46 pm

Eka wrote:Just fiddles with your browser setting really, there's nothing else to it. it shows a more mobile-friendly front page when asked for it. We won't be testing all the browsers/setting, you will have to try a few things on your own to figure out why it doesn't work for a specific combination of devices/connections/browsers.

Fair enough, I'll try my best to fiddle with it.
I write those dang ol stories! Check it out at my userpage!
SunsetSteady
Been posting for a bit

Return to Technical stuff