Card Quest: Adventure of Rydia(By Camel of D-Gate)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Card Quest: Adventure of Rydia(By Camel of D-Gate)

Postby Erecant » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:30 pm

Deathworks: Well insofar as my personal experience goes, I was able to purchase games through dlsite via debit card quite easily. It is done exactly as one would pay using a credit card, in fact most websites never differentiate between the two. With dlsite specifically a debit card may be used from either the English proxy version of the site, or directly through the Japanese main site. Assuming of course that one is able to read the Japanese and/or has the proper language settings applied on their computer.

As far as obtaining a debit card goes, it depends largely on the bank you do business with, and your location. In the states, one must be 18 years of age to obtain a debit card, and obviously, your bank must offer a debit service linkable to a checking account. Typically there are no additional fees incurred upon your account for using a debit card to pay for things online.

Peteian: Hmm Well another option available is a sort of pre-paid debit card. These cards function much as credit cards and debit cards, but you must 'load' them with cash prior to use. These cards are often sold at malls specifically, though I'm sure could be bought elsewhere. These can also be used to pay for online transactions, and are backed by the credit bureaus much as a debit card is. To my admittedly limited knowledge, these cards may be purchased by anyone, and have the same physical characteristics as a credit card, that is to say, a 'credit card number' and other information required to make an online transaction.
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Deathworks » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:04 pm

Hi!

Erecant: Thank you for that information. Mmmmhhhh, checking on Wikipedia, it seems that debit card systems vary greatly; whether German debit cards will work is not quite clear.

General: Actually, I hoped to make my next post the review of the game, but Camel has done something newsworthy again. He made a demo movie (or rather an advertisement movie). I had to have my sound turned off (computer currently in "public space"), so I can't comment on what sound/music is used, if any, but the images shown may be interesting, even for those not planning to buy the game. It can be found on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu9TdDmzVqw

Camel also posted in his blog that game will be available for purchase on the 27th.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Postby Sinistral » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:44 pm

The game is now out on the Japanese DLsite for anybody that can and wants to grab it. I'm downloading as I type.
Sinistral
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Beany_one » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:51 am

Unless there's some reason why it would be impossible/impractical to use, can someone post a translation of the dlsite card purchase page and/or instructions on what to do?
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those that understand binary and those that don't.
Beany_one
Participator

Location: In my pants, which seems to be the wrong location for this forum.

Postby Wanderer » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:28 am

downloading it now. i managed to slog my way through the japanese DL site by manually copying and pasting individual bits of text into a translator. helped me figure out what they wanted in all the fields. after that it's fairly straightforward if you remember that the "yes" options are pretty much always on the left. I clicked the, um, upper left i think option in the little collection of payment options. it let me pay directly with my debit card.
Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
Wanderer
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Carni-vore » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:31 am

Nah...I'd get the game if not for three problems. I know no japanese and although I got through the demo pretty well, I'm afraid I'd get stuck from not knowing what I was doing. I have a tough time with that DL site as it is and using my credit card with it does not sound like fun. And lastly, is I'm strapped for cash at the moment with no work at the moment...I got a job, but I'm waiting on the training classes to start and that wont be for a few weeks. So till then, I need to save my money for food and such...
.....I have ALOT of hungry dragons...Anyone want to say hello?

Carni-vore
???

Postby Beany_one » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:30 pm

I blundered through it likewise by using auto translators, though it took a little while. I guess if that's enough, we don't really need an "official" translator.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those that understand binary and those that don't.
Beany_one
Participator

Postby awkgrep » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:43 pm

Deathworkz, something you may want to add to your list of Windows settings for people to try is the user locale, aka the time/date format setting. You wouldn't think this would cause program errors, but I've personally observed it happen on a few pieces of Japanese software.

Google "Setting the user locale to Japanese" for copies of an old website that I might or might not have run in a previous internet life

Also, Death99's comment here is not how to set the locale on Vista/7, but rather his post is about the Windows user interface language pack add-on which changes the entire account interface (Start menu, control panel, etc.) to a different language. It's only available in the Ultimate edition of Vista/7 and is a separate concept from the system locale ("language for non-Unicode programs") and user locale (time/date setting). It might perhaps set the user locale as a side effect but it's not really what people will need. (And it changes their entire Windows interface to Japanese, which is probably not desirable if the person can't read it.) Vista and 7 already have East Asian language support installed by default, so it's just the locale settings that need to be adjusted.

As has been noted in various places, the system locale setting affects anything that is code-page dependent, such as filenames in non-Unicode zip files, meaning people sometimes suffer from a situation in which they uncompressed a zip file before changing their system locale, which broke filenames, and they stay broken even after changing the system locale, so the zip must be re-uncompressed. (CardQuest ~Adventure of Lydia~ -Childhood Chapter- only uses ascii filenames, so that's not an issue in this particular case. I just bought the game a short while ago myself. Camel is a god.)
awkgrep
New to the forum

Postby bluewr » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:42 pm

Got and Beat it...
The bonus for beating it is...Now attack spell have no upgrade limit(Normal playthrough is +9)
Beat it with lv.35 Rydia with all spell upgraded and all item purchased...

Still missing two event - -;
bluewr
Participator

Postby Deathworks » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:19 pm

Hi!

I am sorry for not replying sooner. I was wondering about what to write concerning the translation of the purchase side. The problem is that I never use the guest purchase option, but rather go via my user account...

My apologies to those who have fought through the process, as my hesitation has actually deprived you of an important option: Namely registering a user account. If there are still people considering to buy it, I strongly recommend that instead of using a guest account, you create a user account. It is for free and it has several important benefits:

1. Should you purchase other items later on, you do not need to re-enter your credit card information each time. Instead, you only confirm the purchase. This makes it easier for you (no long number chains) and also safer (the more often the data is sent, the greater the likelihood it gets stolen)

2. As long as the item is available for purchase at DLSite.com, you can download it again from there. While I strongly recommend making backups of the installation files (usually zipped archives), that feature is especially handy if there are updates to the software much later on.

There are a few other benefits (like being able to request e-mail notification when an item on your wishlist becomes available for purchase), but for most people here, they are not as important as those two aspects.

Unfortunately, I don't think you can transfer items bought under a guest account into a user account, so I am really sorry I didn't point this out immediately.

Bluewr: I am missing the same two scenes. It could be some rare monsters or trap deaths. Or did you play in easy save mode? There is no hint in the manual, but it might be a restriction caused by that (at least that is my theory). Currently, I am playing through it again, this time with easy save turned off)

However, this is all speculation. I have not seen any real hints/information about the missing two scenes, and there has been no new patch or anything (the other possibility - a bug (^_^;; ). But Camel hasn't updated his blog yet today, so maybe he will comment on this (as it seems to be generally difficult)

Did you really raise all attack spells to lvl 99? (According to the manual, that's the absolute limit)

Awkgrep: Thank you for that further information. I think I checked for influence of the time format setting in this case, but I am not sure now.

Also thank you for the clarifications concerning Vista and 7. As I mentioned before elsewhere, I am solely on XP, so I have to trust people concerning information about those two as I have no means of verifying things myself.

General: I want to invite people again to write reviews in the online shopping thread about any items they have bought online. The purpose of the thread is to give the community good information about what is good and what is bad about items available for purchase online. Thus, any reviews are useful, including multiple reviews about a single item - what person A notices about something may be completely different from what person B notices about the same item.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Postby Sinistral » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:26 pm

I've gotten the second one from the right in the middle if you can tell me how to get the second from the right on the bottom. While in the last part of the third dungeon try to die by a trap and it will net you one of your missing scenes.
Sinistral
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby bluewr » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:16 am

OK, got the last two
The first missing one, counting from the left, is done in the first dungeon desert, once you get certain number of potion item and drank it, the event will start.
The 2nd missing one is as Sinistral said, inn the third dungeon, in the final part, with health in red, activate one of the trap.

>Sinistral
That one if I remember right, in the fourth dungeon, when fighting the land worm, get swallowed by it and lose while in it's stomach.
bluewr
Participator

Postby bluewr » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:45 am

Deathworks wrote:
Bluewr: I am missing the same two scenes. It could be some rare monsters or trap deaths. Or did you play in easy save mode? There is no hint in the manual, but it might be a restriction caused by that (at least that is my theory). Currently, I am playing through it again, this time with easy save turned off)

However, this is all speculation. I have not seen any real hints/information about the missing two scenes, and there has been no new patch or anything (the other possibility - a bug (^_^;; ). But Camel hasn't updated his blog yet today, so maybe he will comment on this (as it seems to be generally difficult)

Did you really raise all attack spells to lvl 99? (According to the manual, that's the absolute limit)
Deathworks

I mean the normal playthrough max(Lv.9)
My current playthrough, I've only reached lv.90 in the "secret" dungeon, and raised my three atk spell to lv
Image Image
bluewr
Participator

Postby Makubex27 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Very good game :).

Which potion is it that gives you the locked ending mentioned above?

Kiss of Lilith I'm guessing?

Ah well I'm sure I'll find out soon.
Makubex27
New to the forum

Postby bluewr » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:42 pm

Makubex27 wrote:Very good game :).

Which potion is it that gives you the locked ending mentioned above?

Kiss of Lilith I'm guessing?

Ah well I'm sure I'll find out soon.

What locked ending?
If you mean the CG?
While in the first desert find 5 Item/Potion Card, and choose to drink them, then the Event will start.
bluewr
Participator

Postby TheGreatAndA » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:01 pm

The only thing changing my computer to japanese accomplished was making me waste 10 minutes trying to change it back since I couldn't tell what I was clicking was supposed to be anymore.
TheGreatAndA
Been posting for a bit

Postby Beany_one » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:59 am

There's a difference between changing to Japanese for non-unicode programs (which does not actually change any textual language anywhere, except maybe making things written in Asian characters show up more easily) and changing your computer's language settings to Japanese (which is what it sounds like you did).

If you're using Windows, go to Regional and Language settings, but only change the tab that says "language for non-unicode programs". Further instructions are dependent on whether you have XP or Vista, but if you have the language pack, you can set that option (and only that) to Japanese. Again, this does not change any of your language options.
Beany_one
Participator

Postby bluewr » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:48 pm

The game is now on sale in the English Dlsite
http://eng.dlsite.com/work/=/product_id/RE054294.html
bluewr
Participator

Postby Silhouette » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:34 am

Downloaded and played the Japanese Full Version. It's alright, and a good game to waste time on.
Silhouette
Participator

Postby Ger-Fox » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:32 pm

hiya^^ can one send me a savegame for all unlock? i glad when yes^^
Ger-Fox
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game