Willowood | A vore text RPG [Alpha 1.0.1 out now!]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Willowood | A vore text RPG [Demo 2 out now!]

Postby Twister231 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:07 pm

AFreshPupcake wrote:
Nono, the pred's weight affects it too, I just didn't list those because it sounded like the height thresholds were what they were looking for. Most scenes have one weight threshold, save for Maple's, which has two. I originally wanted it to be affected by both characters weights, but I found that adding any more variations creates more variants than I can realistically have all be at least somewhat unique. I try not to make myself write so many versions of a scene that I run out of ideas and end up making a bunch of boring ones lol, and each threshold I add pretty much doubles the amount that needs to be written.

I would do more were I capable of it, but I am one person and I only have so much time and creativity.

Oh heh well knowing the weight threshold would be nice too admittedly but I thought height was more important for the variants on the scene so thought to just ask height. ^^;
Twister231
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cookmanfood » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:34 am

I've been playing the browser version and it is so much fun, beside the occasional stutter, my favorite scene is losing against Marlene and her dismissive attitude toward the player, are you planning to add more to the combat side quests?
Cookmanfood
Been posting for a bit

Postby AFreshPupcake » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:47 pm

Cookmanfood wrote:I've been playing the browser version and it is so much fun, beside the occasional stutter, my favorite scene is losing against Marlene and her dismissive attitude toward the player, are you planning to add more to the combat side quests?

Thanks, Cookman!! To answer your question, there's a combat-oriented questline planned for far in the future, but it'll use a different combat system. The future one will be more magic-oriented and I wanted to program something a little less scripted for it. I'm considering even developing a level-up system for it!
AFreshPupcake
New to the forum

Postby Cruelin660 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:14 am

in my taste, I just hate the Kitchen game, it just feels like it Rushes you too much, and I feel like I have little time to actually do the order, which is why I do crime fighting instead of that horrible mess.
Cruelin660
Been posting for a bit

Postby AFreshPupcake » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:25 pm

Cruelin660 wrote:in my taste, I just hate the Kitchen game, it just feels like it Rushes you too much, and I feel like I have little time to actually do the order, which is why I do crime fighting instead of that horrible mess.

I've heard this complaint about the baking game quite a few times and I'd like to address it. Basically, running timers for minigames in Quest is difficult because of the way the program works. They reset to the last second every time you do something, so a timer will last longer if you're pressing a lot of buttons. What this means in the baking minigame is that if you're doing really well at the game, it literally gives you more time than it would if you're doing poorly. This was an unexpected problem at the time that resulted in making the minigame very difficult to balance.

For the next update I've increased the timer for completing an order by 2 seconds, and the one for the minigame as a whole by 5. I'm hoping that's enough to push it out of the territory of being frustrating without making it too easy, but if I do have to increase them more, I'd rather the game be easy for some than frustrating for others.

I've moved away from using timers for any new minigames and most future ones should use turn-based scripts.
AFreshPupcake
New to the forum

Previous

Return to Vore game