Jormungandr V.2-RPG Maker MV (Chapter 2 1/23/24)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Who's your favorite Monster Girl?

Valerie the Lamia
32%
Adelaide the Witch
16%
Royale the Dragon
17%
Raine the Slime
9%
Gretel the Goblin
13%
Seelie the Fairy
12%
Lydia the False Demoness
2%

Total votes : 224

Re: Jormungandr V.2-RPG Maker MV (Chapter 2 1/23/24)

Postby RandomInjury » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:21 am

Asterisk74 wrote:Are you using normal attacks to build up your TP?

That's the main reason why there's so many enemies. Even with the digestion making it a two-turn move and vore (generally) debuffing attack stats, in my Skinwalkerx1000 there isn't anything close to a move this busted that can be used by so many characters.

With that being said, I'm patching the game to give most of the non-vore skills beyond normal attacks to give a TP gain. The newest build will be up when the file on itch reads Jormugandr V.2.2. When more advanced vore moves inevitably take more than 25 TP to pull, it will be a necessity.

Yes I am using normal attacks to build them, but there are a few problems with that. The odds of hitting are kind of low, I'd say I miss with like a third of all attacks, which results in no TP gain, and just a turn where I take a face full of damage instead.

Then you don't exactly have damage resistance when Full, so that's another round of attacks to take.

And enemies are really tanky in this game, through just attacks kills one person takes like 3 turns, and almost every enemy has multi target attacks.

So every combat you will take a lot of damage, and unlike Raine, no one else heals from Vore, so you need to spend a lot of resources after the fight licking your wounds. (Also Rain In general OP, most health of Any NPC as well as the most Defence, and she heals off Vore. Girl leaves every combat either having taken 0 damage from that defence, or having taken like 200 damage an heald it all away, where the others took thousands)

And that's interesting, I didn't realize the later vore moves were going to require different levels of TP, I figured they'd all be about the same, since it's described like a Rock Paper Scissors system at the stat. I figured the only challenge was guessing the right vore move to use?

Will there be a punishment for guessing the Vore more wrong, greater than just you didn't succeed? Like will you get eaten instead or something, and you have to free the character? That would really give some use to that Aloe I keep getting out of Chests.
RandomInjury
Participator

Postby Asterisk74 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:50 pm

RandomInjury wrote:
Asterisk74 wrote:Are you using normal attacks to build up your TP?

That's the main reason why there's so many enemies. Even with the digestion making it a two-turn move and vore (generally) debuffing attack stats, in my Skinwalkerx1000 there isn't anything close to a move this busted that can be used by so many characters.

With that being said, I'm patching the game to give most of the non-vore skills beyond normal attacks to give a TP gain. The newest build will be up when the file on itch reads Jormugandr V.2.2. When more advanced vore moves inevitably take more than 25 TP to pull, it will be a necessity.

Yes I am using normal attacks to build them, but there are a few problems with that. The odds of hitting are kind of low, I'd say I miss with like a third of all attacks, which results in no TP gain, and just a turn where I take a face full of damage instead.

Then you don't exactly have damage resistance when Full, so that's another round of attacks to take.

And enemies are really tanky in this game, through just attacks kills one person takes like 3 turns, and almost every enemy has multi target attacks.

So every combat you will take a lot of damage, and unlike Raine, no one else heals from Vore, so you need to spend a lot of resources after the fight licking your wounds. (Also Rain In general OP, most health of Any NPC as well as the most Defence, and she heals off Vore. Girl leaves every combat either having taken 0 damage from that defence, or having taken like 200 damage an heald it all away, where the others took thousands)

And that's interesting, I didn't realize the later vore moves were going to require different levels of TP, I figured they'd all be about the same, since it's described like a Rock Paper Scissors system at the stat. I figured the only challenge was guessing the right vore move to use?

Will there be a punishment for guessing the Vore more wrong, greater than just you didn't succeed? Like will you get eaten instead or something, and you have to free the character? That would really give some use to that Aloe I keep getting out of Chests.

Other than a wasted turn, no. The game is rather pred-centric, partly for personal preference and partly because I still can't make anything that intuitive in combat for player prey. It'll still happen but enemy characters that can eat the party members are rather rare.
https://ko-fi.com/dwarfstaraster
This stuff gets expensive! Any donations are appreciated!
Asterisk74
Participator

Postby RandomInjury » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:58 pm

Asterisk74 wrote:Other than a wasted turn, no. The game is rather pred-centric, partly for personal preference and partly because I still can't make anything that intuitive in combat for player prey. It'll still happen but enemy characters that can eat the party members are rather rare.

That's a shame. I do like enemies who can turn our own methods against us, and greater punishment for guessing wrong would make combat feel more dramatic. Plus we do need a greater reason for aloe to be in the game. That or remove it, because why even have it if it's functionally useless?
RandomInjury
Participator

Postby player1 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:07 am

Asterisk74 wrote:Other than a wasted turn, no. The game is rather pred-centric, partly for personal preference and partly because I still can't make anything that intuitive in combat for player prey. It'll still happen but enemy characters that can eat the party members are rather rare.

Spoiler: show
Interesting. Considering the current events does that means that the taboo will stand strong or will our protagonists have to eat more and more monsters? Because if hell breaks loose that would make the taboo's strength wane, especially if human scarcity worsen.
"wizards, no sense of right or wrong!" some spacemen wisdom.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Asterisk74 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:25 pm

player1 wrote:

Interesting. Considering the current events does that means that the taboo will stand strong or will our protagonists have to eat more and more monsters? Because if hell breaks loose that would make the taboo's strength wane, especially if human scarcity worsen.

Oh that taboo is crumbling into dust, but the main characters might hold onto that philosophy longer than you may think. The main issue they're going to have is you're seeing already that certain factions that oppose them don't abide by it.

But yes, I imagine eventually that eating other monsters will be a thing they have to grapple with.
Asterisk74
Participator

Postby player1 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:36 pm

Asterisk74 wrote:
Oh that taboo is crumbling into dust, but the main characters might hold onto that philosophy longer than you may think. The main issue they're going to have is you're seeing already that certain factions that oppose them don't abide by it.

But yes, I imagine eventually that eating other monsters will be a thing they have to grapple with.

So then, prey player scenes will be limited to story and or game-over scenes. still seems promising.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby KingoftheBongos » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:27 pm

Glad to see this finally get an update.

Now if only we could get a Skinwalker update sometime soon too lol.

This Chapter was a bit more wild than I was anticipating.

The whole Royale eating like a thousand people and the damn wall was bonkers. And Geno leaving is a big inflextion point.
KingoftheBongos
New to the forum

Postby sirjames_mc » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:40 am

I logged in for the first time in maybe a decade to say I absolutely loved this game and I can't wait for the next installment. I love the frequency of vore, the scale and implied grander scale, I love the player as pred and the alternate moral framework of this world. It's fantastic, I just hope we don't have to wait so long for chapter 3.
sirjames_mc
New to the forum

Postby RandomInjury » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:59 am

KingoftheBongos wrote:Glad to see this finally get an update.

Now if only we could get a Skinwalker update sometime soon too lol.

This Chapter was a bit more wild than I was anticipating.

The whole Royale eating like a thousand people and the damn wall was bonkers. And Geno leaving is a big inflextion point.

The Royale bit was great. I was not on board with her until that moment.
RandomInjury
Participator

Postby Asterisk74 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:12 pm

sirjames_mc wrote:I logged in for the first time in maybe a decade to say I absolutely loved this game and I can't wait for the next installment. I love the frequency of vore, the scale and implied grander scale, I love the player as pred and the alternate moral framework of this world. It's fantastic, I just hope we don't have to wait so long for chapter 3.

I'm glad you're liking it, and don't worry, the vore is going to get crazier and wider in scale.

I'm shooting for a Chapter 3 update in the fall. That may seem like a while still but I have to get Chapters 7 and 8 of my other game Skinwalkerx1000 out. The goal is to be done with Skinwalker at around the same time I release the halfway point of this game (Chapter 6), after the next two updates to Skinwalker I will be alternating chapters until the end.
Asterisk74
Participator

Postby player1 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:37 am

Asterisk74 wrote:I'm shooting for a Chapter 3 update in the fall. That may seem like a while still but I have to get Chapters 7 and 8 of my other game Skinwalkerx1000 out. The goal is to be done with Skinwalker at around the same time I release the halfway point of this game (Chapter 6), after the next two updates to Skinwalker I will be alternating chapters until the end.

Seems reasonable a schedule, looking forward to it since i like both titles
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby sqrt1 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:35 am

I'm really enjoying the story/plot so far. With Geno leaving, and also with how tantalizingly close the two main parties are to intersecting, it's leaving me wanting for the next chapter to come asap! Also curious to who the other undiscovered leviathans are. That being said, I will echo the feedback that the maps are extremely large and filled with a lot of empty space. Navigating through maps, especially with random encounters, feels more like a chore and less like a game. And if a player is looking to get all of those crates, there's even more time spent just trudging through the world.
sqrt1
New to the forum

Postby sizehunter » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:33 pm

A thought to further drive home how much tougher monsters are compared to humans. A hidden faction of them manages to shrink the party and eat them, only to find that human stomachs are too weak to digest the protagonists.
sizehunter
Participator

Postby Asterisk74 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:42 pm

sizehunter wrote:A thought to further drive home how much tougher monsters are compared to humans. A hidden faction of them manages to shrink the party and eat them, only to find that human stomachs are too weak to digest the protagonists.

Lol, maybe. Probably gonna steer clear of size changing for this one.

But if that do happen, the shrunken monsters would probably just eat the giant humans before anything.
Asterisk74
Participator

Postby sizehunter » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:44 pm

Asterisk74 wrote:
sizehunter wrote:A thought to further drive home how much tougher monsters are compared to humans. A hidden faction of them manages to shrink the party and eat them, only to find that human stomachs are too weak to digest the protagonists.

Lol, maybe. Probably gonna steer clear of size changing for this one.

But if that do happen, the shrunken monsters would probably just eat the giant humans before anything.

Fair, though an ambush involving maybe sleep gas or something along those lines could make it possible for giant humans to eat the party. Hell, part of this sequence could have you finding with ones have your members.
sizehunter
Participator

Postby Phorcyz19 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:16 pm

When I beat the timed Royale bit the screen just flashes black over and over and nothing happens

EDIT: It only happens if I'm in the lower area when I hit the number
Last edited by Phorcyz19 on Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phorcyz19
Participator

Postby Urielzael2 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:21 pm

I know it is silly question but will we get planet vore part somewhere in game? I like that nice touch that pred grow beyond its environment.
Urielzael2
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Asterisk74 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:56 pm

Phorcyz19 wrote:When I beat the timed Royale bit the screen just flashes black over and over and nothing happens

EDIT: It only happens if I'm in the lower area when I hit the number

Damn I thought I fixed all the bugs with that event, but more keep popping up. I'll check it out and fix it soon.

Urielzael2 wrote:I know it is silly question but will we get planet vore part somewhere in game? I like that nice touch that pred grow beyond its environment.

Well, y'know...
Asterisk74
Participator

Postby Urielzael2 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:46 am

Thank you for answer. If I could have small suggestion I'd suggest giving Lydia starting level of 9 as it is bit shame that even with bonus hat carried from earlier journey she can be one-shotted.
Urielzael2
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby legodass » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:46 pm

Anyone got a save to share? I lost to the "eat 25 people event" and i game overed, and i hadnt saved yet because i didnt know that could happen...

Also are the guards meant to be inhumanly fast? This minigame is straight up unfair.
legodass
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game