Jormungandr V.2-RPG Maker MV (Chapter 2 1/23/24)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Who's your favorite Monster Girl?

Valerie the Lamia
32%
Adelaide the Witch
16%
Royale the Dragon
17%
Raine the Slime
9%
Gretel the Goblin
13%
Seelie the Fairy
12%
Lydia the False Demoness
2%

Total votes : 224

Re: Jormungandr V.2-RPG Maker MV (Chapter 2 1/23/24)

Postby Asterisk74 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:43 pm

Chapter 2 is out!

Please see the initial post for details.
https://ko-fi.com/dwarfstaraster
This stuff gets expensive! Any donations are appreciated!
Asterisk74
Participator

Postby fuocoperpetuo » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:34 am

Is there any types of growth/weight gain in the game?
fuocoperpetuo
Been posting for a bit

Postby RandomInjury » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:41 am

Holy Crap, I was literally planning on asking how development was going TODAY, Excited to play this.
RandomInjury
Participator

Postby Rubiont-47 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:46 am

Tried out this game. The biggest issue is too much large empty maps.
Scenario is totally not my cup of tea, but some peoples likes cruel preds.
So, wish you a good luck with developing it.
Sorry for my bad english.
Made in Russia.
Make some pixels.
Rubiont-47
Participator

Postby RandomInjury » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:51 am

Ok so Playing it now, I will say I liked the old way Vore was animated more. I don't know if this new way is easier, but it feel more fun and in the moment with the old style.

You know... I thought this whole time Seelie's Vore attack was Unbirth.
Last edited by RandomInjury on Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
RandomInjury
Participator

Postby player1 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:40 am

The scenario is falling into place and we can see the outline of the protagonists and the antagonists. I like the story so far and i liked the amount of content in this chapter Hoping to see more people acting like that dark elf security chief so, keep on trucking! Still, i must admit that the map layout sometimes feel a bit "empty". i dont know if i should also call the non-city maps too large but eh..

Also, It'd be nice to see Humans reversing the tables. Since this story is set in a rapidly changing world, i could very well see one of the factions trying something to that effect!
"wizards, no sense of right or wrong!" some spacemen wisdom.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby RandomInjury » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:41 pm

Ok so I ran into some Glitches in the New Mini game.

1 if a guard ever makes contact with you regardless of belly status the game locks up.

2 if you go into the circle that says "Insert SFX" then the game also locks up.
RandomInjury
Participator

Postby TheEvilWithin » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:14 pm

So a couple of things:
1) When trying to go into a digestion corner with the dragoness, the game will just softlock.

2) The game still suffer from having maps way too big with so much pointless empty space.

3) To many objects and walls lacking collision which you can walk on.
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby player1 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:37 pm

I only had a soft-lock when talking to a guard. However, i though the hiding spots were softlocked at first but actually you just need to wait a bit then you're free to go.
"wizards, no sense of right or wrong!" some spacemen wisdom.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Asterisk74 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:17 pm

Yes, the digestion circle in the minigame isn't a bug. It takes thirty seconds to complete. The running into guards without a belly was a bug though, and has been fixed.

As for the animations, no it's not easier. Actually, it's several times harder to incorporate. But at this point, the old style wasn't even really tenable with some of the moves I have planned, it had to be replaced and I didn't really like it anyway.
Asterisk74
Participator

Postby RandomInjury » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:26 am

Asterisk74 wrote:Yes, the digestion circle in the minigame isn't a bug. It takes thirty seconds to complete. The running into guards without a belly was a bug though, and has been fixed.

As for the animations, no it's not easier. Actually, it's several times harder to incorporate. But at this point, the old style wasn't even really tenable with some of the moves I have planned, it had to be replaced and I didn't really like it anyway.

Would it be possible to Zoom in without putting on the blue flashing background. It just feels like the characters were transported to a separate Dimension when that happens.

Also when you say it's been fixed. Is that version out yet?
RandomInjury
Participator

Postby Asterisk74 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:35 am

RandomInjury wrote:
Asterisk74 wrote:Yes, the digestion circle in the minigame isn't a bug. It takes thirty seconds to complete. The running into guards without a belly was a bug though, and has been fixed.

Would it be possible to Zoom in without putting on the blue flashing background. It just feels like the characters were transported to a separate Dimension when that happens.

Also when you say it's been fixed. Is that version out yet?

Right now the blue background is there to hide the fact that the actor battlers are a separate asset type from the animation assets that play when you use a vore attack. It's meant to be a sequence that harkens back to the way a lot of games have used special moves, not really having them happen on the field per se but in a separate sequence with a lot of stylization and sometimes psychedelic imagery. But for practical purposes, I have no way to remove the actually playable party on the field while the animation plays.

There's also not really a way to make seamless vore animations with the enemies without tedious and excessive asset work, ie, enemies lining up perfectly when the characters shove them into their mouths, actually seeing specific enemies disappear into a maw, with the prey's presence within the animations themselves being mostly implied through pred motions and bulges.

Yes, that version is the current build.
Asterisk74
Participator

Postby Manchura » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:05 am

I got to say, I added this project to my bookmark not expecting much, and now after playing though it I found the vore to be my least invested part, I am way more invested in a world on the verge of a famine and general collapse of the entire world order and how each species/individual character is coming to terms with it
Manchura
Somewhat familiar

Postby RandomInjury » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:11 am

Asterisk74 wrote:Right now the blue background is there to hide the fact that the actor battlers are a separate asset type from the animation assets that play when you use a vore attack. It's meant to be a sequence that harkens back to the way a lot of games have used special moves, not really having them happen on the field per se but in a separate sequence with a lot of stylization and sometimes psychedelic imagery. But for practical purposes, I have no way to remove the actually playable party on the field while the animation plays.

There's also not really a way to make seamless vore animations with the enemies without tedious and excessive asset work, ie, enemies lining up perfectly when the characters shove them into their mouths, actually seeing specific enemies disappear into a maw, with the prey's presence within the animations themselves being mostly implied through pred motions and bulges.

Yes, that version is the current build.

When I say I liked it better the old way. I wasn't asking for more art assets where it shows the characters enter the mouth or anything. I just liked it better when it didn't switch screens. It feels like the game just flows better.

Also I swear to GOD the AI in this game Hyper Targets Lydia. I have experienced at least 5 separate turns where literally every enemy attack hit Lydia.

And I love the game so far, not finished whats here yet though, but I do have some suggestions.

I don't know if this is planned for later, but I don't seem to be able to use the Steroids even though I've collected them, and I'm unsure who to use them on, since the party may change out in the future, so I don't want to waste them on people who might go away after a bit.

So perhaps separate the inventories of character sets, and if there is a character who will bail from the party after a mission, or so maybe make it so it refunds any upgrades like that at the end.

Also too many of the treasure chest contain things like Gause. You are probably going to have 2 encounters just to open 1 chest, and 300 health just aint worth it. Every time I actually try to get those chests, I feel foolish because the reward is actually less valuable than what resources I spent reaching it.

I'd also say that there is a problem with with prey bellies, in that really with anyone but raine the only practical thing to do is to Digest. You are more prone to miss, your attacks do less damage, and that means that you can't build towards your next vore attack with a prey, so the only correct choice is swallow, and then spend your next turn digesting, any other choice is a foolish one.

Unless you are Raine at which point you heal if you have prey, and you were alway going to attack last anyways with pathetic results, so you might as well tank and heal for free.

EDIT- Ok so I'm up to 11 Turns where Lydia is the sole receiver of enemy attacks.
RandomInjury
Participator

Postby TheEvilWithin » Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:06 pm

Where is this Nexus of which I can spend the characters digestion points?
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby RandomInjury » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:44 pm

Ok I have finished Chapter 2, it was really good. The story is really shaping up, and I honestly have no idea which way it's going to go. There's like 5 factions, and I get the feeling that the characters we are playing as are kind of the Villains, so i don't know who's going to win, and it seems like there's a ton of places for the story to go.

My criticisms are mostly minor.

1 I think the levels go on a little too long. They could stand to either have smaller maps, last like 1 transition or 2 less, or have more story sprinkled throughout. Cause it is like an hour between story beats when you are in the world. They also go on so long you wind up over leveled for any more dangerous fights you encounter, so those wind up too easy, while getting to them was too hard.

2 you need more trips to the hub where you can buy gear. I'm sitting on a Dragons Hoard of gold, and I can't spend it because there's never a store.

3 I think you really need to introduce the Vore system with the new abilities ASAP. We are on the second chapter and have no hint of when it's going to be added despite being introduced in the first minute of the game.

It seems like it could be a really fun and cool system, but at this point it's just kind of Taunting us, and it feels like it may have been put on the cutting room floor.

4 I really think fights should have more story attached to losing, than just a Game Over Screen. Like dying to Danica should result in a Digestion.

In any event I'm already excited for Chapter 3 even though I know it will likely take months, as there's tons of love and care put into this, and the writing alone is going to take a while if you want to keep it to the quality and quantity you've been. One of the few V games with an actually good story.
RandomInjury
Participator

Postby Asterisk74 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:18 pm

RandomInjury wrote:Ok I have finished Chapter 2, it was really good. The story is really shaping up, and I honestly have no idea which way it's going to go. There's like 5 factions, and I get the feeling that the characters we are playing as are kind of the Villains, so i don't know who's going to win, and it seems like there's a ton of places for the story to go.

My criticisms are mostly minor.

1 I think the levels go on a little too long. They could stand to either have smaller maps, last like 1 transition or 2 less, or have more story sprinkled throughout. Cause it is like an hour between story beats when you are in the world. They also go on so long you wind up over leveled for any more dangerous fights you encounter, so those wind up too easy, while getting to them was too hard.

2 you need more trips to the hub where you can buy gear. I'm sitting on a Dragons Hoard of gold, and I can't spend it because there's never a store.

3 I think you really need to introduce the Vore system with the new abilities ASAP. We are on the second chapter and have no hint of when it's going to be added despite being introduced in the first minute of the game.

It seems like it could be a really fun and cool system, but at this point it's just kind of Taunting us, and it feels like it may have been put on the cutting room floor.

4 I really think fights should have more story attached to losing, than just a Game Over Screen. Like dying to Danica should result in a Digestion.

In any event I'm already excited for Chapter 3 even though I know it will likely take months, as there's tons of love and care put into this, and the writing alone is going to take a while if you want to keep it to the quality and quantity you've been. One of the few V games with an actually good story.

I do plan on having more sequence breaks within the maps and dungeons, longer form dungeons are a thing I did in the earlier builds of my other (size-related) game Skinwalkerx1000 that I started to try and add more breaks throughout during the latest chapter.

The gold and items and the like, well needless to say the focus of this game's combat is very much forcused on how to pull off insta-kill vore moves, gold and items have taken sorta a backseat, but there are a couple stores. One in Valerie's neighborhood and another near the Convoy if you talk to one of the NPCs.

As for the vore system, and the Nexus from the poster before you, that all boils down to an asset backlog right now. I had to push it back, otherwise this update would still be months. The Nexus is

Spoiler: show
that ethereal plane that Lydia travels to in the ending of Chapter 2
and it will play a key role in Chapter 3 onward as it gets introduced to the party by Lydia. RIght now there is no way vore moves to upgrade, and you may have noticed you're not gaining normal, non-vore skills via level up either. Every skill you get will be from that area using those credits. One feature that I scrapped from Chapter 1 is a location called "The Trough" which was going to serve the same purpose. But I modified it to have a story purpose in the greater overall plot and pushed back its introduction by a chapter except for that tease at the end of Chapter 2.
Asterisk74
Participator

Postby RandomInjury » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:50 pm

Asterisk74 wrote:The gold and items and the like, well needless to say the focus of this game's combat is very much forcused on how to pull off insta-kill vore moves, gold and items have taken sorta a backseat, but there are a couple stores. One in Valerie's neighborhood and another near the Convoy if you talk to one of the NPCs.

See the problem with that is that the combat sections of the levels are such a savage gauntlet right now, that you tend to have your healers run out of magic about a fifth of the way through the level, and it becomes about using healing items after the fight, to get you back to adequate health.

If I didn't max out my Healing items at the start of the game, I either couldn't have won, or I'd have to backtrack miles to get to the healing crystals constantly, leading me to wind up even more over leveled by the end.

I had to use 22 Defibrillators(Largely because of how much of a Damage Magnet Lydia was), over 12 super gauze, and over 60 regular gauze to keep my characters healed by the end of Chapter 2.

So right now even if it's not made with the shop in mind, it's absolutely vital to success. You just take too much damage building your Vore attacks and then digesting, to not need a constant source of healing.
RandomInjury
Participator

Postby Asterisk74 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:30 pm

RandomInjury wrote:
Asterisk74 wrote:The gold and items and the like, well needless to say the focus of this game's combat is very much forcused on how to pull off insta-kill vore moves, gold and items have taken sorta a backseat, but there are a couple stores. One in Valerie's neighborhood and another near the Convoy if you talk to one of the NPCs.

See the problem with that is that the combat sections of the levels are such a savage gauntlet right now, that you tend to have your healers run out of magic about a fifth of the way through the level, and it becomes about using healing items after the fight, to get you back to adequate health.

If I didn't max out my Healing items at the start of the game, I either couldn't have won, or I'd have to backtrack miles to get to the healing crystals constantly, leading me to wind up even more over leveled by the end.

I had to use 22 Defibrillators(Largely because of how much of a Damage Magnet Lydia was), over 12 super gauze, and over 60 regular gauze to keep my characters healed by the end of Chapter 2.

So right now even if it's not made with the shop in mind, it's absolutely vital to success. You just take too much damage building your Vore attacks and then digesting, to not need a constant source of healing.

Are you using normal attacks to build up your TP?

That's the main reason why there's so many enemies. Even with the digestion making it a two-turn move and vore (generally) debuffing attack stats, in my Skinwalkerx1000 there isn't anything close to a move this busted that can be used by so many characters.

With that being said, I'm patching the game to give most of the non-vore skills beyond normal attacks to give a TP gain. The newest build will be up when the file on itch reads Jormugandr V.2.2. When more advanced vore moves inevitably take more than 25 TP to pull, it will be a necessity.
Asterisk74
Participator

Postby NekoYuki » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:24 am

RandomInjury wrote:1 I think the levels go on a little too long. They could stand to either have smaller maps, last like 1 transition or 2 less, or have more story sprinkled throughout. Cause it is like an hour between story beats when you are in the world. They also go on so long you wind up over leveled for any more dangerous fights you encounter, so those wind up too easy, while getting to them was too hard.

I just tried out the game today, just in the forest and i feel the encounter-rate is a bit too high. In the Prison i could literally have an encounter within 3 steps of the last one. This certainly allowed farming, but also meant, particularly when it swapped to the alternate party, a lot of the time was rushing from one heal-crystal to another. Debating hanging around one now until i'm super leveled and then fleeing further encounters
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game