Egads' Dark Forest ~ A Slender-like Vore Game (Demo IV)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Egads' Dark Forest ~ A Slender-like Vore Game Made in UE

Postby Catvs » Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:07 pm

Most pages I got was 5, never encountered the Unknown, and The Whisper made me jump like a idiot.

For the Whisper specifically I feel like there should be a sound que for when she appears cause from what I can tell she just approaches and by the time you hear the noise it's already too late.

Also not sure if this is already a thing in the game but from what I can tell The Trapper just follows the player, would be interesting if she was programmed to go to locations and wait for the player there, with again a sound que coming from the objects telling you "Oh she's there."
Catvs
Somewhat familiar

Re: Egads' Dark Forest ~ A Slender-like Vore Game Made in UE

Postby Egads » Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:24 am

Catvs wrote:Most pages I got was 5, never encountered the Unknown, and The Whisper made me jump like a idiot.

For the Whisper specifically I feel like there should be a sound que for when she appears cause from what I can tell she just approaches and by the time you hear the noise it's already too late.

Also not sure if this is already a thing in the game but from what I can tell The Trapper just follows the player, would be interesting if she was programmed to go to locations and wait for the player there, with again a sound que coming from the objects telling you "Oh she's there."

Glad to hear you got scared c:

As for the Whisper, there's actually a sound que for when she appears in the game.
Spoiler: show
when you collect the first 2 notes
And the trapper will appear if you collect a specific note
And for unknown, you need to enable her in the main menu and collect a specific amount of notes. Then wait ;)
What is vore? Baby don't- wait wrong song.
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Egads' Dark Forest ~ A Slender-like Vore Game (Demo III)

Postby Egads » Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:01 pm

Happy Halloween!

To celebrate this spooky month, a new update is finally ready for release! I'm actually quite proud of this one, so hopefully you guys enjoy the new content! :D

Changelog:
  • New title theme
  • Whisper now teleports according to where you are in the forest
  • New game over image if you get eaten while the Whisper is already full
  • New spirit: Chaser
  • Hardcore Mode
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Persona59523 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:17 am

know that I'm not the one making the game, but can we get a darkiness and sound tab in the setting? So that scary-cats like me can get all the notes and totally not eaten?
Persona59523
Participator

Postby Fr4nk » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:00 am

I would like to suggest a gallery so we can see the sprites without having to search for a specific spirit during the game.
Fr4nk
Been posting for a bit

Postby SaltySandwich » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:04 am

Awesome update!
I kept trying to find chaser to get eaten by her but I realize that's what you are supposed to do to survive XD

Hardcore mode is hard, I already have a poor sense of direction, it took me 18 minutes to complete normal and that was just with Whisper only ^^;
SaltySandwich
New to the forum

Postby leonthegreat » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:19 pm

Would it be possible to add sound controls to the game? It is hard to get the volume to appropriate levels so that I can hear the chaser, but not also have me eardrums burst out from the jumpscares. If I could just turn down the music a bit, that would help.
Always looking for a nice belly to relax in.
leonthegreat
Somewhat familiar

Postby chris9774 » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:18 pm

Egads out here doing God's work fr
chris9774
Somewhat familiar

Postby DemonOfDeath567 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:06 pm

How do you encounter the chaser?
DemonOfDeath567
Been posting for a bit

Postby SaltySandwich » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:01 pm

DemonOfDeath567 wrote:How do you encounter the chaser?

When Trapper is enabled you'll occasionally hear footsteps stepping through twigs, grass, foliage, etc. You need to turn and face her to get her to stop, she catches you if you don't look at her in time.
SaltySandwich
New to the forum

Postby ThrowawayA1D » Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:58 pm

The last time I played this was in the very first demo I think, so I came back to see the new scenes... I'm digging the new Whisper game over scene, but I'm having issues with the actual game:
*The map's way darker now, to the point where it can be hard to tell what's 'ground' and what's the 'horizon'. It's very disorientating; I don't feel like I'm in a dark forest, but like I'm struggling to figure out what it is I'm looking at.
*I keep seeing some random light fragments flickering randomly at places the flashlight doesn't hit. While walking, there'll be random flashes of light, too. I keep thinking they might be due to pages, but that never seems to be the case. I could've sworn pages used to emit some sort of light before...
*The settings keep resetting every time I hit play. Since the default settings are pretty much everything set to 'epic', this can cause some major slow downs. Tinkering with the settings doesn't seem to fix the above two issues, and it doesn't prevent the game from lagging the entire computer while it's minimized and paused. I don't think this used to be the case before...

So yeah. I hope this isn't too harsh or anything; I wanna enjoy the update and I haven't even seen Chaser yet (so there's plenty left to explore!) but it's a bit hard to get anything done when the newest demo just kills my computer. It can run plenty of 15+ GB games just fine so I'm not sure what's going on here.
ThrowawayA1D
Been posting for a bit

Postby Manchura » Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:41 am

ThrowawayA1D wrote:The last time I played this was in the very first demo I think, so I came back to see the new scenes... I'm digging the new Whisper game over scene, but I'm having issues with the actual game:
*The map's way darker now, to the point where it can be hard to tell what's 'ground' and what's the 'horizon'. It's very disorientating; I don't feel like I'm in a dark forest, but like I'm struggling to figure out what it is I'm looking at.
*I keep seeing some random light fragments flickering randomly at places the flashlight doesn't hit. While walking, there'll be random flashes of light, too. I keep thinking they might be due to pages, but that never seems to be the case. I could've sworn pages used to emit some sort of light before...
*The settings keep resetting every time I hit play. Since the default settings are pretty much everything set to 'epic', this can cause some major slow downs. Tinkering with the settings doesn't seem to fix the above two issues, and it doesn't prevent the game from lagging the entire computer while it's minimized and paused. I don't think this used to be the case before...

So yeah. I hope this isn't too harsh or anything; I wanna enjoy the update and I haven't even seen Chaser yet (so there's plenty left to explore!) but it's a bit hard to get anything done when the newest demo just kills my computer. It can run plenty of 15+ GB games just fine so I'm not sure what's going on here.

yeah something about this really makes it chug, I've noticed even with my good computer it chugs along at a steady 10 FPS, much less my main computer
Manchura
Somewhat familiar

Postby Egads » Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:11 am

Manchura wrote:
ThrowawayA1D wrote:The last time I played this was in the very first demo I think, so I came back to see the new scenes... I'm digging the new Whisper game over scene, but I'm having issues with the actual game:

yeah something about this really makes it chug, I've noticed even with my good computer it chugs along at a steady 10 FPS, much less my main computer

I'm not even sure why the settings menu suddenly stopped working. It'll hopefully be fixed soon-ish.
I'll look into optimising the game and make it run better. I'm still new to the engine so excuse me for any fuck ups here and there ^^;
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Manchura » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:29 am

if I could hazard a guess as to some areas to look at, there are 3 main ones I see people do usually when they work with unfamiliar engines:

1. status of the assets, sometimes you will find an asset you really like, for example a rock, and you place those all over the map because they look good...but if that asset is supposed to be for something like a rock trap and has built in physics, putting 100 of them halfway in the ground may cause some chonky demands just because physics objects are the most demanding thing to render

2. take note of non-playable area size, sometimes certain things such as enemies are always loaded into a map but have "spawn conditions" such as hitting a milestone (in this case pages), if you have a 1000 unit by 1000 unit map and put their storage area 15000 units out, it may render the map as a 15000 by 15000 square unit space, which will create a massive render problem and mean that all lights and shadows are being rendered at a massive distance where even setting view distance to lowest might render a 2225 unit space

3. general code issues, strait forward, too bloated or error filled a code will just make it chonky to run because so much is required to do something, learning the coding part of the engine and finding shorter ways to do what you want would fix this right up

otherwise it's fine so far even though it's so chonky, you are one of 2 or 3 people who do vore horror so it's cool to see you branch out to those early internet horror fields
Manchura
Somewhat familiar

Postby Egads » Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:07 pm

Performance Update!

So after looking at some optimization tutorials, I went ahead and reduced the resolution of the textures the game was using. And the difference is unbelievable; the size of the game is now 600MB less and it should in theory run a lot faster than before.

Still haven't figured out the issue with the settings reset bug but I'll see what I can do. In the meantime, enjoy this performance update! :D
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ThrowawayA1D » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:55 pm

Thank you!! The game runs way better now, and I finally found the chaser! ...By found I mean 'got eaten by her'. And I didn't even mean to (I was spinning around looking for her, then I heard footesteps. As soon as I went "oh, that's the Chaser!" I died), she's so challenging haha! I love her design so much.

Spoiler: show
She shows up after you reach 6 pages, everyone!

I hope you can fix the thing with the lighting; the flickering white dots and random things lighting up in the background. Also, it seems like the lighting's sort of fading in and out? When I turn off the flashlight or stop looking at something, things get slowly dark over time; it doesn't feel like the light from my flashlight is actually hitting/not hitting them. Maybe this sort of 'easing' with the lighting could be what's causing the 'random things getting bright in the background' problem?
ThrowawayA1D
Been posting for a bit

Postby WNEC » Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:06 pm

I collected 7 pages and then saw the red page. I collected it and watched as my screen turned black with something red being seen under me. I thought I had won, but then I turned around me and watched the catcher zoom straight towards me: GAME OVER

Son of a-

Great game! I have never played a slender game before so I am not very good at them. But I enjoy a little challenge anyway, and still had a lot of fun. This game and Kirumi are my favorite games from you. Combining horror and vore has so much potential. Praise be to Egads!
WNEC
New to the forum

Postby fuocoperpetuo » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:04 pm

Is there any breast expansion post-vore? Weight gain of sorts. I'm searching for these in the forums but i find very little other then vore town or amalgamation, those are my favourites
fuocoperpetuo
Been posting for a bit

Postby Skyler9001 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:55 pm

How would I get the thingy of "Whisper is already full". I can't seem to get it no matter what I do.
Skyler9001
New to the forum

Postby Egads » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:04 pm

WNEC wrote:I collected 7 pages and then saw the red page. I collected it and watched as my screen turned black with something red being seen under me. I thought I had won, but then I turned around me and watched the catcher zoom straight towards me: GAME OVER

Son of a-

Great game! I have never played a slender game before so I am not very good at them. But I enjoy a little challenge anyway, and still had a lot of fun. This game and Kirumi are my favorite games from you. Combining horror and vore has so much potential. Praise be to Egads!

Glad you liked it so much! :D

fuocoperpetuo wrote:Is there any breast expansion post-vore? Weight gain of sorts. I'm searching for these in the forums but i find very little other then vore town or amalgamation, those are my favourites

If you get a game over screen and hover over the quit buttons, you get to see what happens if you do :wink:

Skyler9001 wrote:How would I get the thingy of "Whisper is already full". I can't seem to get it no matter what I do.

Once you hear a scream and see the Whisper full, get caught by her.
Egads
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game