Vore Vendor - 0.08C : Adventure and Revival (10/4/24)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Vore Vendor - 0.08C : Adventure and Revival (10/4/24)

Postby ShadowsSong » Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:47 am

0.08 - Adventure and Revival (9/4/24):
IMPORTANT : As I've mentioned previously, this update involves such a complete rework of the background content that old saves will no longer work. Trying to load them will probably load, but it'll be way beyond broken, so don't even bother trying. Because of this hurdle, have added in a few cheats to help restore progress, available in the post about this update. Apologies for this, but things in the background had become such a convoluted mess from my inexperienced early build of the game that leaving it like that would have led to trouble.
As for this update, aside from the mass of background fixes, we've got the quest to join the Adventurer's Guild and access the upcoming Storm's Eye zone, as well as the long-time-coming quest for Caitlin. See the main post on the update for more details.

I've looked at content on Eka's for years, but never created an account or tried to post anything myself. Not an artist by a long shot, and not really fond of writing lengthy vore stories. But recently been practicing using RPG Maker (originally VXAce, now MV since got it stupidly cheap). Thought it might be entertaining to try making a vore game, since I like games like God Complex. To get more opinions on current systems, thought I'd share what I've got so far here and see what people think of it. To be clear though, I am mostly using this as a way of testing out functions, so there's a high chance of things breaking or just flat out not working.

Vore Vendor (or VV) - and yes, I'm aware that's a terrible title, but I'll worry about that later :-D - is set in a fantasy world where preds exist and are legal. The main character is Lissi, a young chimera. After her mother, who gets in trouble with a noble, loses her shop, Lissi has to take over. And of course, that shop sells girls as meat. Lissi has to take on requests at the shop, and capture the requested girls to fufill those requests.

I originally listed the amount of scenes of each type here, but since that's getting annoying fast, in more general terms, there's currently:
Spoiler: show
Player-as-Pred (OV, BV and UB)
Player-as-Prey (OV, Cooking)
Player-as-Observer (OV)

And to clarify something, things I won't be adding :
AV - Not my thing, sorry
Under-18 Prey - No. Just no
Herms - Like AV, not my thing. There may be scenes where female uses magic to grow one temporarily, but idk yet whether I'm comfortable with that
M/F Vore - Males exist in the world, and there may be F/M scenes in future, but males don't vore here - though they do eat 'meat'

The final thing I've just said won't be added reminds me to say this - the world is primarily female, so there will be lots of Female-on-Female content too. Some of such is currently in game. May be some male/female sex in future, but not sure yet.

Screenshots :
https://ibb.co/r0TPWhP
Sorry, tried to post the images directly but just won't work, even if I cut the screenshots to individual screens. Not sure why.

Changelog :
v 0.01 -
Initial Release.

v 0.02 -
Added first major quest. Acquired from Glory after completing at least 9 requests.
After finishing the new quest, you can take on a side quest to re-open the church, where you can pay a small donation for healing.
Added event in which Lissi can learn a new skill. This event is missable, so be careful!
Changed some basic consumables a bit and added tooltips to them.
Updated Valerie and Kina's sprites with bunny tails.
Added displays to house that show certain 'trophies' that can be acquired, and can have an effect with someone's help.
Downsized Lissi's house's main room a little to reduce wasted space. Also added a few rugs to help.
Moved house's outside door to the side to avoid confusing people with the directional change.
Corrected an issue with beds showing edge of another tile.
Fixed collision issues with several tiles, including roof tiles. No more scaling the roofs!
Slightly increased the encounter rate of South Forest fights. Was spending too much time wandering >.>
Upped drop rates for Slimes and Alraune, because in practise the rate seems to be well below what I've set it as.
Fixed issue with facing the wrong way when entering Nora's room. Also fixed same issue when going to bed and waking up wrong way.

v 0.02 B (Hotfix) -
Caitlin's front door will also no longer vanish when she's eaten. Maybe someone was breaking it down?
Fixed the bug that was allowing same request to be turned in multiple times a day. Shame on you cheaters exploiting that :D
Defeating enemies will now say they're defeated rather than slain. The prisoners seemed too lively for dead people.
Town hall desk clerk will no longer tell you Caitlin's at the next table when she's not. Guess she finally actually looked

v 0.03 -
Added new hunting zone, the Yorine Lake Caverns, unlocked after advancing main quest and completing enough requests.
The zone's unlocking will cause the end-of-day payments to double though, so bear that in mind!
Added new requests for once the caverns have been unlocked.
Altered several request descriptions, both to match changes to slimes and to fit better with upcoming lore.
Lissi's aunt finally returns, though with limited interaction at present - mostly a bit of lore. She'll get a quest in next update.
Added further interactions with Caitlin, now allowing access to her house, where you can replay the scene with her. Obviously not possible for those who churned her already. This is just a variation of the original scene for replay value, not new content.
Turned the Quest Journal plugin on. May have some issues, so please do let me know if find any. As a side note, requests do not show in completed tab - they're simply removed from log so can be reused. Main and side quests do, though those you've completed prior to this version won't show up unless you start over. No effect on gameplay though, just can't read the flavour text completed quests give.
Removed the restriction on Rosa's class that prevented using accessories. She'd like a nice ring or two from her mummy :D
Changed 'Plant Mage' class to 'Druid'. Plant mage was just a placeholder, and sounded silly :)
Changed 'Slime Girl' to 'Forest Slime', due to new types of slime.
Once the Yorine Lake Caverns are unlocked, Kina starts offering a few new bits of jewellry, and Siri has more items.
Lowered the MATK boost on stone ring, since it was making defeating alraune WAY too easy.
Added some plantlife to improve the south forest a bit. Just not too much, since the limited pathways there would become a mess.
Updated battle backgrounds for individual zones.
Typo fixes.

v0.04 -
Added a new main quest, in which it becomes clear the aftermath of the mayor's scheme isn't yet over.
Rena gets annoyed with the girl watching her, leading to a short quest.
New potential party member, depending on the end result of the new quest.
Freya returns to the village, and hints at an upcoming quest.
Once Yorine's Lake is unlocked, the Dragon's Tooth Tavern will now re-open! Buy booze there, which does heal... but with consequences. And some characters just don't like booze. And some... probably shouldn't be let near it :D (Different party members react differently to being offered beer. Those who like it generally accept the first, but no more until they sober up.)
Catch sight of the bar's owner showing a customer her 'appreciation'.
A monster rampage breaks out after a certain point, leaving the north wall in shambles... but also hinting at a new route out of town?
Max level increases to 3, reached by clearing new main quest, with new skills this time.
Added heal spell to Mermaids. Was something missed during last update, but doesn't make enough difference to warrant a hotfix, so left for this update, where you'll be fighting more of their kind.
Two special weapons, only one of which will be available depending on the route taken through new quest.
Added heavy armour to Kina's store for the new potential party member.
Added a restorative to Siri's shop to help out boozehounds.
Replaced a couple of RPG Maker MV's default character sprites/faces with custom ones, mostly because the defaults don't have nude variants and it was easier to remake the character in generator than to manually create nude versions.
A plot of land in Devour Village has started preparation for development. What is going to be built there?
Added some randomized visitors to the church. People must be praying there sometimes, after all.
Added a little bit of decor to the shop, since noticed during new quest creation that it felt a little empty.
Had to alter the material of Caitlin's house due to an odd bug allowing you to run up the outside walls, even without the effect of previously mentioned bug. Not sure what's causing that, given the collision is off for that tile, but gave up after some experimenting to try and fix. Easier just to replace it.
Altered and cut a few of the outer wall tiles on indoor zones. Was just causing hassle with certain doorways. Pretty sure sorted out the few affected events, but if any pop up with issues, do mention it.
Weather in village and forest will now change. Has no effect on battle for time being, since can't afford to waste money on plugins atm.
Changed certain upwards-facing chairs and sofas so that they'd appear over players on them.
Fair bit of hidden cell edits for upcoming content.
Finally managed to fix the issue that was causing gold/xp rewards from battles, despite them being set as 0. Levelling will now be tied properly to story progress. Turns out there was a pretty silly issue with the way one of the plugins was set by default.
Now that solved the base issue, your level will reset to 2 upon loading the game for the first time post-this update (or 1 if you haven't cleared Glory's quest). Sorry to those who grinded themselves up, but it was never intended to be possible.
Made some changes to how invited party members work. Won't require restart, just will make it easier to keep levels in track in future.
Rosa will now be at full health/mana when you pick her up from Valerie's. She's had some rest, after all.
Fixed bug where Kina's inventory didn't show post-Yorine's Cavern additions if was first time talked to her post-quest.
Added tooltips to weapons. Forgot those when was doing tooltips, sorry >.>
Fixed bug which allowed you back into Caitlin's house after eating her. Stop trespassing on dead people's property.
Fixed bug where replaying event with Caitlin at her house left you naked and caused you to pass through tiles.
Some typo corrections.

v0.05 -
New Halloween event. Runs from 20th October to 10th November. Has two possible ending scenes (one with three variations), as well as a hidden secret. Note that you can access this outside intended dates by changing system time, but this is not recommended as it can break the functions used to calculate whether event should show up or not.
Added some AI art (or modified AI art, anyway, since AI art isn't precise enough to get all the features right) of Lissi, Rena and Nora to a new bookshelf in Lissi's room. Not 100% accurate as to how I think the characters should look, but close enough :)
This bookshelf also allows you to access unlocked scenes from past events that may be currently unavailable (e.g. seasonal events, including the new halloween one). Note that this is for accessing certain scenes, not the whole event.
Decreased damage of Stone Shower ability, since it was letting one of bosses working on one-shot party.
Started adding in full belly sprites to certain vore scenes. Will get around to sorting for all relevant scenes eventually.
Small change to Kina's sprites after I realised the hairpiece I used for her was one on each side. Only wanted it on one, so altered the accessory file and updated sprite.
Fixed an issue with the Alraune sprites where some of the tentacles from forward-facing sprite were hovering over the left-facing one's head.
The house ghosts now retain their position when you leave the house and return, instead of always spawning in the same spot. If you had them freed prior to this update and return to the house, they may end up in the walls, but unsummoning and resummoning them will fix this.
Replaced the BGMs of all zones and combat with stuff that isn't RPG-Maker-Generics. Boss encounters now use a different track to normal combat too.
Fixed issue where incomplete requests from Caverns would not be removed from journal on day end.
Fixed bug that was causing weather effects to continue playing indoors.
Fixed issue that was causing upwards facing seats to allow access from any direction. Walking through the backs of chairs is generally not a good idea.
Fixed issue where Megan would not have a sword in her animation.
Corrected an issue where Freya referred to Caitlin even if she had been eaten.
Made a minor change to one of the kitchen's meat dialogues based on progression.
Some typo corrections.

v0.05B -
Fixes for several bugs

v0.05C -
Attempt to fix an ongoing bug with freezing in Meline's Cavern

v0.05D -
Changed it so that you cannot take on Halloween event whilst in a locked-party quest, and current party also disbands on starting it.
Lowered Rosa's target rate to make her a bit more survivable.
Few changes to encounter rates in both forest and caverns.
Removed 'default' options on choices to cut down on people accidentally clicking through choices whilst text-skipping.
Moved certain text boxes to top of screen to avoid covering up involved sprites.
Fix for the mermaid fight crash.
Fix for bug causing Aurine's event with the noble girl to repeat.

v0.05E -
Made bosses immune to confusion.
Corrected a tile error during Glory's main quest where cell doors were overlapping bars.
Blocked off certain tiles for house ghosts to avoid them blocking certain events or doors.
Finished up moving text boxes for low-on-map sprite events to top of screen.
Fixed Demonic Edging main quest not being marked as complete on defeating the boss.
Fixed a bug causing Rosa to be locked from party after completing Demonic Edging main quest.

v0.06 EXPERIMENTAL -
Changed method of encounters, currently only in forest hunting zone as this is an experiment. Creatures now wander zone and fights begin on collision, instead of random encounters.
Note that because encounters can be avoided this way, fleeing is no longer an option.
Because of enemies there having map sprites now, added in small, one-line 'scenes' on your defeat showing them with full bellies.
Due to low number of Alraune encounters, slightly raised their drop chance from 1/3 to 1/2.
Added in a way to get Chloe's ghost on other routes, though also depends on status of another character.
A bit of extra dialogue with Chloe's ghost if you've taught Lilia to use magic.
Further typo fixes.

v0.06B EXPERIMENTAL -
Added new encounter method to caverns.
Locked off a conversation with Shel after capturing Ori that isn't finished yet.

v0.07 -
New side quest for Aurine, where you learn the secret of her Dragonfang Brew.
Added in the missing vore scene for the capture route of Demonic Edging quest.
Side event where Ori confronts the source of her anger, recalls the past, and thanks Lissi... intimately.
Side event where Rena teaches Lilia to cook, with some input from Lissi.
New Christmas event, available from 18th December through 8th January (please note normally it'll run from 15th Dec to 5th Jan. Just adjusted for moment due to delay getting it out).
The two possible end scenes have been added to the memories diary in Lissi's room, though as with Halloween ones, must have played event to 'remember' it.
Small event on sleep (if conditions are met) about the next hunting zone and what you'll have to do to unlock it.
Small side event in the new village storehouse building (see below), for those who check too many locks.
Added in some extra filler buildings and characters to Devour Village to make it a bit more 'alive'.
Shrunk the town hall map a bit to cut down on the wasted space.
New unlockable ability for Rosa if right circumstances are met.
Decreased Rosa's target rate a bit further.
Random battles in event zones (currently tunnels in Demonic Edging and forest in Aurine's new quest) can no longer be escaped from. These zones don't use the new wandering battles system, since avoiding battles during a quest seemed a bit silly to allow. Slightly decreased encounter rate to componsate.
Glory now paces slightly outside church as a heads-up to talk to her for her main quest.
Lissi now gets a note on waking up once conditions for Demonic Edging main quest have been met.
Altered the dialogue for patron sitting outside tavern to clear up some background info.
Cleaned up the movement routes of events to make them run smoother.
Fixed a bug that was allowing people to summon Lilia during Demonic Edging if they hadn't unlocked her.
Probably more stuff that I just forgot to write down when I did it :D

v0.07B -
Fixed bug that was allowing the summoning of the new ghost without having the necessary item
Corrected a misdone line of dialogue from one of the christmas event characters

v0.07C -
Changed Aurine's quest start slightly to allow you to choose whether to start the quest when talking to her about it.
Updated tavern BGM.
Fixed bug that was allowing players to climb onto the walls in Demonic Edging quest.
More typo fixes.

v0.08 -
Full rework of background content and functions, that unfortunately means you need to start over. See forum post for assist cheats to help speed up progress recovery.
New main quest to join the Adventurer's Guild. This mission will take you to the north ring of Devour Village, and involve taking on a trial. This quest is the means to unlock the next zone, though that won't be added until the next update, since already got enough going on in this one. Will also allow advancement to level 4, and unlock new gear at stores.
New side quest available for Caitlin via Freya. Unlocks a lot of new scenes for Caitlin, and a new party member.
Start of side quest involving one of the new village characters, which will be resolved in a later update.
Added extra reward if you achieved the best ending to Aurine's quest - on rare occasions, Aurine will offer a willing meal to Lissi when talked to, having already eaten and not wanting to waste them. Has three possible 'victims', chosen at random.
Added Halloween event item to Lissi's house display shelf.
Decreased the amount of requests needed to unlock story content to hopefully cut down on the grind.
Added a book to store to let you know how many requests you've finished.
Added some more blatantly non-human residents to Devour Village to better show respect for the game's lore.
Added gulping sound to most, if not all, oral vore scenes. Might have missed some though.
Added Rosa-specific gear to her to try and boost her stats and solve common complaints about her build.
Added slight boosts to certain stats from weapons (sword def, spear agi, axe atk, bow crit, staff matk) to make the choice of weapons more than just skill options.
Slightly raised target rate of both warrior and holy knight classes (applies to Shel and Megan respectively at present).
Added 'no disappear' to several enemies that were missing it.
Replaced several default character sprites with custom versions.
Altered Christmas event dates to 5th to 30th December to avoid an issue caused by completing it in January, which would cause it to be inaccessible same year's December.
Corrected some text boxes during Aurine's quest where the box was 'dim' rather than 'window'.
Fixed issue where refusing to start Aurine's quest straight away made you have to listen through full explanation when talked to her again instead of going straight to the choice.
Fixed bug in Aurine's quest where the slime guardian was splitting even after being defeated.
Fixed bug where summoning the christmas event ghosts a second time would cause them to appear in the wrong place.
Fixed bug where trying to give alcohol to any character would run related speech twice.
Many minor quality improvements to certain events and dialogue as part of cleanup.
Numerous fixes to minor bugs that noticed during cleanup.

v0.08B -
Fix for the Loading Face issue on sleep.

v0.08C -
Changed some of the guards to female to better suit the female-heavy world.
Fix for the Loading Face issue on credits gravestone in village.

Hopefully people will enjoy what I've done so far, and have ideas on what I can improve. Links are below - currently have Windows, Mac and Linux versions. Android wasn't working, so gave up on that. I've only tested Windows version, so if there are issues with Mac/Linux, do let me know.

0.08C -
PC - https://mega.nz/file/kysGlCrS#zPwuLeitD ... xPMLRMuaUA
Mac - https://mega.nz/file/V30BlBBQ#dXAJXOji8 ... pSRsXj3s7o
Linux - https://mega.nz/file/gv1BxCJA#dF8NMhFZI ... jp_kliLBPM
Last edited by ShadowsSong on Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:13 am, edited 26 times in total.
ShadowsSong
Been posting for a bit

Re: Vore Vendor (Prototype Title) - RPG Maker Practice Vore

Postby Schagura » Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:06 pm

Soo, I've been playing and testing this game for a little while, and I wrote down my thought on it.
First off, always nice to see more people trying and creating their ideas for a Vore Game! Hope you keep at it and make it a great game in the future!

Anyways, first off, my general positive thoughts:
- The premise is quite interesting, haven't seen something like that before. A bit morbid, with the whole prey being sold as meat thingy. Not my taste personally, but interesting enough for a "Vore Shop" concept
- The MC being a chimera is also pretty neat. Could make for some interesting twists and turns later on.
- The inner thought giving information about characters and locations is pretty nifty~
- Being able to name your shop is very nice. Perhaps later on it might be possible to expand, or to have a different layout?
- I like the challenge of needing enough money each day to survive. Reminds me of Recettear~
- Having the choice during when getting the license is pretty cool~ Hope there will be more of that later on.
- The different races for characters makes it easy to tell them appart at a glance. Though I was a bit surprised at the Ghost Nun.. I thought it was a slime girl at first, haha.
- Only minor grammar mistakes from what I could tell. And the description during Vore Scenes are very nice! Not too little, and not too much. Good job~

Here are some (eh.. many) negatives I found..
- The scale of everything is way too big.. having a House where the entire screen is empty except for a single table and some chairs always tells people that the game is hastily and cheaply made... Same for the Town itself, the Townhall, and the Southern Forest area..
(Downsizing everything would make it better and smoother. Shops being closer to your main location (the Shop) will also make it easier to stock up for future expeditions. And having the houses be way smaller will make it feel more believable and "real" IMO)
- No images/Sound Effects/Sprite changes for Vore Scenes makes them kinda bland and uninteresting.. There is quite a collection of sounds you can find to make the Scenes more "real" and pull the player in. For Images or Sprite changes I can't say much, that's your own personal taste.
- Having no reliable way to heal or restore MP is very bothersome.. which brings me to the next point.
- Combat is way to harsh for in the first area! Slime Girls are.. ok, but Alraune deal way too much damage with their Earth spell! Just defeating one Alraune usually means you have to heal up during and after the fight.. and with no real way to heal, besides overpriced potions or the heal spell.. it's quite tedious..
- Combat is also quite boring.. 2 skills on the players side, and 1 skill on the enemies side doesn't make for much strategizing or exciting gameplay to be honest.. Though that will perhaps be fixed once more enemies and/or followers get added.
- Don't know if I missed something, but it seems like "capturing" girls is random, not guarenteed. Which makes the Main Gameplay loop a chore, and not fun at all... I fought roughly 7 battles, and only got 1 Slimegirl... and no Alraune..
- The items and equipment have no tooltips on what they do, or what they could be used for.. Since you're already using Yanfly's plugins, I'd recommend using the Item Core plugin, to make it easier for players to know how much a potion heals, or how much MP Magic Water regenerates.
- Having the entrance to the Players house go up, only to then having to go right once your inside is.. pretty annoying.. Makes you walk into the wall for a second before you realize you have to go another direction.

Oh, and some Bugs I found while playing:
- The house next to the players house has no collision, so you can just walk into the walls
- Same thing for the roof of the church, you can simply walk over it.
- When entering Mom's room, the player character faces upwards, instead of down.
- You can talk to your sister over the counter, but not with your mother at the table, or with the furry girl in the townhall

Phew.. that was everything from my playthrough.. Short game, with quite some.. "work" that can be done, haha. But a pretty interesting premise! Hope in the future we can talk to customers, or get some returning ones to build some friendships and go on special missions together~

Oh, and one more thing. I do like the name "Vore Vendor"~ Sure, not the most unique name one could choose, but it instantly gives you an idea of what awaits you in the game.

Anyway, hope you keep at it and make it a great game! (Also, I would recommend using Yanfly's Quest Journal Plugin for future stuff.. Makes it easier for the player to remember how many girls they have to "farm")
regards
Schagura
Schagura
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheEvilWithin » Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:07 pm

Screenshots?
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby anirishnirvana » Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:07 pm

ShadowsSong wrote:And to clarify something, things I won't be adding :
M/F Vore - Males exist in the world, and there may be F/M scenes in future, but males don't vore here

Uhm, is the ghost outside the church meant to be talking about the guy who ate her?
anirishnirvana
Somewhat familiar

Postby ShadowsSong » Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:28 am

Schagura wrote:Soo, I've been playing and testing this game for a little while, and I wrote down my thought on it.
First off, always nice to see more people trying and creating their ideas for a Vore Game! Hope you keep at it and make it a great game in the future!

Anyways, first off, my general positive thoughts:
- The premise is quite interesting, haven't seen something like that before. A bit morbid, with the whole prey being sold as meat thingy. Not my taste personally, but interesting enough for a "Vore Shop" concept
- The MC being a chimera is also pretty neat. Could make for some interesting twists and turns later on.
- The inner thought giving information about characters and locations is pretty nifty~
- Being able to name your shop is very nice. Perhaps later on it might be possible to expand, or to have a different layout?
- I like the challenge of needing enough money each day to survive. Reminds me of Recettear~
- Having the choice during when getting the license is pretty cool~ Hope there will be more of that later on.
- The different races for characters makes it easy to tell them appart at a glance. Though I was a bit surprised at the Ghost Nun.. I thought it was a slime girl at first, haha.
- Only minor grammar mistakes from what I could tell. And the description during Vore Scenes are very nice! Not too little, and not too much. Good job~

Here are some (eh.. many) negatives I found..
- The scale of everything is way too big.. having a House where the entire screen is empty except for a single table and some chairs always tells people that the game is hastily and cheaply made... Same for the Town itself, the Townhall, and the Southern Forest area..
(Downsizing everything would make it better and smoother. Shops being closer to your main location (the Shop) will also make it easier to stock up for future expeditions. And having the houses be way smaller will make it feel more believable and "real" IMO)
- No images/Sound Effects/Sprite changes for Vore Scenes makes them kinda bland and uninteresting.. There is quite a collection of sounds you can find to make the Scenes more "real" and pull the player in. For Images or Sprite changes I can't say much, that's your own personal taste.
- Having no reliable way to heal or restore MP is very bothersome.. which brings me to the next point.
- Combat is way to harsh for in the first area! Slime Girls are.. ok, but Alraune deal way too much damage with their Earth spell! Just defeating one Alraune usually means you have to heal up during and after the fight.. and with no real way to heal, besides overpriced potions or the heal spell.. it's quite tedious..
- Combat is also quite boring.. 2 skills on the players side, and 1 skill on the enemies side doesn't make for much strategizing or exciting gameplay to be honest.. Though that will perhaps be fixed once more enemies and/or followers get added.
- Don't know if I missed something, but it seems like "capturing" girls is random, not guarenteed. Which makes the Main Gameplay loop a chore, and not fun at all... I fought roughly 7 battles, and only got 1 Slimegirl... and no Alraune..
- The items and equipment have no tooltips on what they do, or what they could be used for.. Since you're already using Yanfly's plugins, I'd recommend using the Item Core plugin, to make it easier for players to know how much a potion heals, or how much MP Magic Water regenerates.
- Having the entrance to the Players house go up, only to then having to go right once your inside is.. pretty annoying.. Makes you walk into the wall for a second before you realize you have to go another direction.

Oh, and some Bugs I found while playing:
- The house next to the players house has no collision, so you can just walk into the walls
- Same thing for the roof of the church, you can simply walk over it.
- When entering Mom's room, the player character faces upwards, instead of down.
- You can talk to your sister over the counter, but not with your mother at the table, or with the furry girl in the townhall

Phew.. that was everything from my playthrough.. Short game, with quite some.. "work" that can be done, haha. But a pretty interesting premise! Hope in the future we can talk to customers, or get some returning ones to build some friendships and go on special missions together~

Oh, and one more thing. I do like the name "Vore Vendor"~ Sure, not the most unique name one could choose, but it instantly gives you an idea of what awaits you in the game.

Anyway, hope you keep at it and make it a great game! (Also, I would recommend using Yanfly's Quest Journal Plugin for future stuff.. Makes it easier for the player to remember how many girls they have to "farm")

Appreciate the feedback :) As for the negatives -
I did originally try for smaller buildings, but since I want to try and expand the functionality of some buildings later, I also needed room to add things. Probably need to look up some more furniture to fill things up, but as it's in a basic beta stage that only took me a week to make, I'm not planning on worrying about that yet. The town itself in particular will be getting more houses and NPCs added to it as time goes on, hopefully cutting down on the unused space. So hopefully people can bear with the space problems for now.
The sounds is something I'll look into when I get a bit further into the design, but as for images, sadly that's beyond my capabilities. I suck at art. Like, REALLY suck >.> I can create sprites and the like by heavily editing existing content, but new stuff is beyond me. And sure as hell can't afford to commission any. Sorry >.>
The combat... that I'm less sure about. I know it's got some balance issues, but I found the slimes way too easy to beat, and as for the Alraune, the trick is to guard when she casts spell. I've made sure the cast rate of it is much lower than the normal attack, so as long as you guard when she casts, it's not much more difficult than the slimes. But since setting it to only cast on x number of turns made it way too boring and predictable, there is an element of randomness, and she does on occassion cast multiple times in row. Trying to fix this, but there's a limit without having scripting knowledge. The 'boring' lack of skills is something can't really help at moment, because better skills won't become available until you start levelling up, which is currently disabled. You CAN get some different skills by changing between the four weapons available to Lissi though.
The capture rate is definitely not 100%. And though I've set the rate quite high, there do seem to be issues with it that I'm trying to resolve. The Alraune, for example, has been set to 1 in 3 drop chance, but in practise the drops seem far lower than that. Not sure what's causing it, but am trying to fix.
Do need to add some tooltips, though I personally prefer to avoid giving info like exact healing amounts to potions. Feels off to me when I see that. And based off what I've tried so far, it's basically complete recovery at the moment anyway.
House entrance thing I agree is a bit off, but I don't plan on messing around with rearranging that for time being. Things like that I'll worry about when get a bit more content in the actual game.

As for bugs -
Thanks for noting collision issues. Was result of RPG Maker setting the default of all items to passable when I added my altered tileset sheet, and I forgot to fix that. Will fix soon.
Oops for mother's room issue... I know there's no major content in there yet so didn't test going in. Will also fix, especially since quest I'm working on has you go in there.
As for counter/tables thing, that's intentional. You're not really meant to be sitting opposite them until you get into the convo and it moves you there. Shop counter only has that option because that's for turning in quests, whereas talking to Rena directly gives basic chat. May change in future though.

I do actually have the quest plugin installed in the game files, but I've left it off at the moment because I want to make sure the basic quest system is working before I start trying to add quest tracking and the like. Hopefully I'll get it in soon.

TheEvilWithin wrote:Screenshots?

Whoops, totally spaced on that. Though since I can't add custom art, the screenshots will be somewhat limited. Will add some to post when do next update.

anirishnirvana wrote:
ShadowsSong wrote:And to clarify something, things I won't be adding :
M/F Vore - Males exist in the world, and there may be F/M scenes in future, but males don't vore here

Uhm, is the ghost outside the church meant to be talking about the guy who ate her?

Probably should have made this clearer >.> That's not actually a mistake, but rather something that's actually explored in the lore-heavy quest I'm working on at the moment. Men can't 'vore' in terms of swallowing people. However, they CAN eat cut meat in a more traditional sense - let's face it, wouldn't really make sense for them not to be able to eat slices of meat :) That gets more into the cooking aspects that will start showing up soon. Glory was attacked and eaten, as opposed to swallowed.

Getting there with next quest, so will probably update the game soon. As said in above reply, it's very lore-heavy and not much combat-focused, but it starts to dig into the way the world as a whole views vore.
ShadowsSong
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ziedine » Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:24 am

Its very interresting, but what is cooking vore ?
Ziedine
Been posting for a bit

Postby ANW » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:12 am

Ziedine wrote:Its very interresting, but what is cooking vore ?

It is as it sounds. The prey is cooked alive before hand.
They are either cut up like regular meat, or swallowed whole afterwards.
ANW
Somewhat familiar

Postby CraftSpiceWolf » Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:45 pm

Based on the description for the game you might want to consider Succubus Alchemist for some inspiration for the game.
Succubus Alchemist: Capturing and imprisoning adventurers to turn them into magic items.
Vore Vendor: Capturing and imprisoning girls to turn them into meals.

As for the game, mentioned above was that the drop rate is low. You might also want to find a source for some images. AI generated artwork might help.
CraftSpiceWolf
New to the forum

Postby S4lv4d0r » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 pm

I can't download the game. The URL isn't working, it just gives me the usual thing for deleted MEGA files
S4lv4d0r
Been posting for a bit

Postby ShadowsSong » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:57 pm

S4lv4d0r wrote:I can't download the game. The URL isn't working, it just gives me the usual thing for deleted MEGA files

Apologies, you literally tried to download it in the middle of me uploading the new update. Sorry for that >.> Try the links again and it should work.
ShadowsSong
Been posting for a bit

Postby ShadowsSong » Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:10 pm

UPDATE 0.02 - Vigilante Justice :
That's not a really cheesy title, just a hint at what goes on in this update :D

The first major quest has been added, which, whilst not combat heavy, does include my first attempt at adding a boss battle. I've tested it a lot to run through the different variations of ending, so at least I'm sure it's not a murderously hard fight :) Most of the quest goes into explaining a lot of the world's law in regards to vore - including the surprisingly complex (if somewhat twisted) way hunters view it. And you even get to spend a little time with Rena in your party this update :)

Following this quest will also give your characters their first level up. No new skills yet - at least not from the level up. There is one new skill available through a side event though - but it CAN be missed.

There's also a follow-up side quest, where you can help Glory fix up the church. This unlocks, no dur, the church, where you can pay for healing - as well as discover some interesting details if you've found certain trophies.

Beyond the added content, most of this update is just fixes for various issues (shoutout to Schagura for a lot of helpful information there). A lot of fixes with tiles displaying incorrectly or having collision failures - no more jumping on the church roof. Glory will be pissed if she sees that. I also took the advice on the wasted space and reduced the size of Lissi's house a bit. Not much, since there are things that will make you need a bit of space, if you find them, but hopefully between the downsizing and adding of rugs, the space will feel a little less wasteful now.

There are a few other fixes, but won't go into them all. That's what the changelog is for :)
ShadowsSong
Been posting for a bit

Postby BoundedlyRational » Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:40 am

The premise is very interesting. I always support the development of games with good predator main characters.
The Recettear-style gameplay loop could be very fun once it is expanded on.
The vore scenes I unlocked were about the right length. Hot, well-described, but not too long.

Over all, this is a great start. I'm excited to see future updates!
BoundedlyRational
New to the forum

Postby ShadowsSong » Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:08 am

BoundedlyRational wrote:The premise is very interesting. I always support the development of games with good predator main characters.
The Recettear-style gameplay loop could be very fun once it is expanded on.
The vore scenes I unlocked were about the right length. Hot, well-described, but not too long.

Over all, this is a great start. I'm excited to see future updates!

Thanks, always nice to hear support :)

Since this is the second time someone's mentioned Recettear, I should probably admit that it is the game that gave me the base idea for the gameplay function :) Sadly trying to create a system where you sell meat like that game sells items would be a bloody nightmare, so not going to even try that. Would be awesome, but I don't want to even think about how long it'd take me to set up something like that in RPG Maker >.>"

And just as a related note, given how Recettear increases gold payments as you go on - obviously daily gold loss is limited to 200g at moment because otherwise would just be annoying. However, once get a bit more of the quest zones added, certain changes to the shop and Lissi's family will increase the amount needed per day. There's one major change to the shop coming in a future update that will raise it a fair bit... not going to spoil the surprise, but let's say Rena's not going to be content with just her current amount of work for her beloved big sister :D
ShadowsSong
Been posting for a bit

Postby Snorlaxkid » Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:02 pm

Hey OP, I saw you mention that you think the slimes are "easy" the Alraunes should be capable of being beaten easily enough by just guarding when they cast Earth... that's false. Even guarded, the Earth spell does a lot of damage so that method is entirely reliant on RNG, and their high HP means they can just out tank you at times. Also the slimes are about even with you in pure strength so while individually yes they're weak, they always show up in groups and have VERY HIGH crit chances. (I literally went from 100% to 0% in two turns against a PAIR of slimes because of three running crits, and they outsped me so I couldn't heal)
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ShadowsSong » Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:31 am

Snorlaxkid wrote:Hey OP, I saw you mention that you think the slimes are "easy" the Alraunes should be capable of being beaten easily enough by just guarding when they cast Earth... that's false. Even guarded, the Earth spell does a lot of damage so that method is entirely reliant on RNG, and their high HP means they can just out tank you at times. Also the slimes are about even with you in pure strength so while individually yes they're weak, they always show up in groups and have VERY HIGH crit chances. (I literally went from 100% to 0% in two turns against a PAIR of slimes because of three running crits, and they outsped me so I couldn't heal)

Honestly, I have no idea why you'd be having that kind of issue. I've done extensive battle tests by this point, and at lvl1 the Alraune rock spell averages 66 dmg whilst guarding, which is pretty low. Their hp isn't that high either, with it taking roughly 4-5 normal attacks to kill one.

As for slimes, their strength is nowhere near your own. Depending on your armour, they should average about 45 damage a hit with base armour, maybe 30 with leather. Their crit chance is also not high at all. Id say I've only seen them crit maybe 1 in 40 hits, probably less. Speed wise, they're pretty much 50/50 chance with you.

Overall, I honestly can't see why you're having those problems. There's always some element of randomness from RNG, but not enough to cause that.
ShadowsSong
Been posting for a bit

Postby ShadowsSong » Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:44 am

UPDATE 0.03 - The Water Goddess' Cavern :
The next update is available, after a fair bit of grief. Some of the new enemy classes weren't working properly, causing them to absolutely nuke poor Lissi with their spells. Took some time to fix >.> But now they seem to be working, so I've been able to finish the next available hunting zone - Yorine's Lake Caverns. Here there are a number of new enemy types, including new slimes and even mermaids.

You'll unlock this new zone when you go to bed after completeing enough requests, and having finished the main quest added in 0.02. Do be warned though that when you unlock this zone, the daily payments made on sleeping go up from 200 to 400G. Might seem a steep increase, but even the lowest pay of the new quests covers that in one shot, so not that hard. Since requests ARE randomized, you could end up with only quests for South Forest, but even then the cost hasn't increased enough to make that an issue.

Kina and Siri's shops also have new items available to buy once the new zone is unlocked, ones which will help a great deal with the new fights.

There are also a couple of conversations with a new character that explores more of the world's lore, including the differences between monster girls and beastkin.

As for system changes, I've re-activated the quest journal plugin. Didn't use it at first because it was more hassle than it was worth with so few quests available. But now that the range of possible requests covers two zones, I've put the journal in to help keep track of what you need.

There are a few other changes, which you can see in the changelog of main post. Most of these are focused on the South Forest's creatures, including Rosa.

Also, as a minor bonus, I've added in a 'new' event that allows you to repeat the sex scene with Caitlin, assuming you didn't digest her.
ShadowsSong
Been posting for a bit

Postby anirishnirvana » Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:02 pm

Did you update the files? Seems to be a similar size and Mega told me I had already downloaded the file. Might help if you introduce the version number in the zip file to upload.

Very interested in how this pans out though
anirishnirvana
Somewhat familiar

Postby ShadowsSong » Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:25 pm

anirishnirvana wrote:Did you update the files? Seems to be a similar size and Mega told me I had already downloaded the file. Might help if you introduce the version number in the zip file to upload.

Definitely updated. Just downloaded the windows version to double check and new content is there.

Reason for Mega telling you it's already downloaded is likely because I've 'updated' the uploaded file rather than saving it as a completely new one, which saves me having to update and change the links every time I upload a new version. Which is part of reason I don't add version numbers to the zip folder, since it only uploads as an update instead of new file if the file name is identical.
ShadowsSong
Been posting for a bit

Postby Kerbalmaster » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:42 pm

Okay so uh... I have no idea how to Capture anyone and I end up Just Killing them. I hope It's not a chance based thing. Grinding Is unbased.
Kerbalmaster
Somewhat familiar

Postby GeisKhan » Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:08 pm

ShadowsSong wrote:
anirishnirvana wrote:Did you update the files? Seems to be a similar size and Mega told me I had already downloaded the file. Might help if you introduce the version number in the zip file to upload.

Definitely updated. Just downloaded the windows version to double check and new content is there.

Reason for Mega telling you it's already downloaded is likely because I've 'updated' the uploaded file rather than saving it as a completely new one, which saves me having to update and change the links every time I upload a new version. Which is part of reason I don't add version numbers to the zip folder, since it only uploads as an update instead of new file if the file name is identical.

What you could do is link to a folder where you upload the file instead of linking to the file directly, then you can have as many numbered versions in there as you want if you want backups of older builds.
GeisKhan
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to Vore game