Famished, Hazel's Journey [v.08B - Road to Regium]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Famished, Hazel's Journey [v.08B - Road to Regium]

Postby Katar » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:24 am

Famished, Hazel's Journey
Another RPGmaker vore game!

Guide the morally questionable decisions of a dog girl as she heads out into a world ravaged by war! Help her meet new people, make new friends, and then eat them!

I got RPGmaker just before New Years and decided to try and make a game with it. It's my first time using the program and I think you'll be able to see that in the game. That being said I've
always wanted to see how well one could make a game like this using AI generated images. I think it turned out pretty well, but you'll be the judge.

Screenshots:
Spoiler: show
screenshot1.png
screenshot2.png
screenshot3.png
screenshot4.png

Currently Contains:
Same-Sized Prey
F/F, F/M, F/?
4 Stages of Player Weight Gain

Changelog:

V.08
-Hazel sprite update.
-Several shops added
-Updated the map.
-Added Eva, the vixen merchant.
-Added Random Events!
-Added player camp
-Added1 camp follower.
-Added Oldmoor and the Clasp.
-Multiple Pred, Prey, and other scenes
-Added "Simple" preds to the combat encounters
-Replaced Hazel's final stage images

V.07E
-10+ Pred Scenes (6 of which are 'unique' instances while the others are more generic for eating the foot soldiers.
-5ish Prey Scenes. I say ish because some are from unique fail states while others are more generic.
-The first companion! A certain bunny girl is in need of rescue. Hopefully Hazel doesn't feel... too hungry.

Other stuff!

V.06B
-The Greenbrook Inn!
-Added 3 Player Pred scenes
-1 Player Prey Scene with first "dynamic" pred who's weight will change depending on Hazel's size.
-1 Player Observer Scene
-1 F/M Sex Scene
-Added a sleeping/digestion/recovery system
-Slight rehaul of the combat system.

v0.05
-More Bugfixes!

v0.04
-More Bugfixes!
-Tended to the getting stuck with eating Mara
-Fixed dear house bug after being eaten
-Fixed Edith quest, probably. Bobert has been the bane of my existence
-Leofstan now goes away when eaten.

v0.03
Fixed Bobert that sunuva bitch

v0.02:
Bugfixes!
-Arnold scene can now be refused,
-Arnold fight music fixed
-Sheriff Mara fight now has an ending
-Sister Rose can now be refused and then accepted later without scene freeze
-Deliver letter to Edith no longer gives infinite letters
-Grave girl now goes away when eaten

v.08B:
https://mega.nz/file/4iUiHIaD#TGZ7Nguzi2NGKSC4OMECsd5X7VhlJSONFgcHyQyeC_I

Patreon:
If you want to support the project and get access to polls and early updates, I'd appreciate the help!
https://www.patreon.com/Famished

Discord Link:
https://discord.gg/8C8T5wMF

Credits:
A LOT of the audio and BGM: ~Jeschke
Hazel Sprite Updates: Rukudog
Parts of the "Weight Gain" project RPGmaker forum were used for sprites.
Last edited by Katar on Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:55 pm, edited 27 times in total.
Katar
Somewhat familiar

Re: Famished, Hazel's Journey [Prologue]

Postby fuocoperpetuo » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:36 am

Nice one

Hope this gets big

PS:It's be good to have a surrender command, so you can see the game over scenes
Last edited by fuocoperpetuo on Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
fuocoperpetuo
Been posting for a bit

Postby kirkyk » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:51 am

Overall very good.
There are many scenes and they are all funny.
And there are already more scenes than most of the new vore games.
The fact that there are already pictures in general+. (although there are not enough of them).

AI pictures MH don't look bad, but not perfect. You still need to work here, although you’ve already wasted a lot of time.

but there are a lot of minor bugs.
For example, in the scene with the rabbit, if you refuse, or with Arnold, the scene freezes.
Some characters remain if you eat them.
Small Clearing does not have enough audio files.
The sprite with the belly does not change automatically, in the last scenario with digestion.
Well, the character walks naked although he is not naked.
in the scenes themselves there is often just a black screen between pictures.

so well done, keep going.
kirkyk
Been posting for a bit

Postby Z4W4RUD0 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:05 am

After played for 1 hour, this game is pretty good overall, but still remain a lot of bug. Anyway, i think this is just the first time so you will get used to it soon.
About the story, uhh, i think she is on way to revenge for the death of her father or something greater, since she is a beastskin herself ? I don't know, this is just my prediction
Hope you will keep going with this project, there is not very much vore game that player are predator :p
And i have some recommend for the content of this game, like mass vore(since you can still eat other even though you have already eaten one, i think this is a bug),or some other type of vore(there are only one anal vore sence that you shove yourself in a girl ass). More weight gain stage too, i think. And a complete story in the game.
The art of this AI is quite good though, the final thing i could say is just keep going in this project, this is really turned me on. Thanks
Z4W4RUD0
New to the forum

Postby whitiger17 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:05 am

Good game but many bug.
whitiger17
New to the forum

Postby Vor3ronika » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:39 am

Your game is great! I really enjoyed it, even tho I'm not a big furry fan. I really love the writing and the visuals, audio is also good. There is a few bug that are not game breaking but could be resolved.

- In the scene when you fight for Bella, the game froze with a error about an audio file. I could clear it but it would keep coming back freezing the game every 10 seconds. I Saved the game and reload and it worked for me.
- The girl mourning at the tombstone and the farmer (Bell Father?) can be eaten multiple times as they don't disappear after being eaten.
- The quest to deliver a letter can be done multiple times. The NPC keep giving you the quest each time you speak to him even if you already completed it.
- When the sheriff beat you for eating too many people, nothing happen after.

I think there's more but those are what I found.

Seriously awesome work with this game I hope you will keep going with this and I would even be ready to support you on patreon if you have one.
Cheers!
Vor3ronika
Somewhat familiar

Postby Rubiont-47 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:02 pm

As peoples already mentioned. Game have a lot of bugs.

But! So far so good. A lot of scenes, all different. Feels that you wanted to make world alive. I really likes that Main Character have predatory struggles about consuming others, makes you think that all those years living with fathers was not a joke, training her to think about humans not only as a food. Personally in some scenes I would add non vore outcomes. Or safevore outcomes, when she snaps it out when prey already eaten and she could release them back. It would be a huge bonus to everything.

Going to look for your updates. This game so far feels very fresh and promising. Wish you a good luck with developing it!
Honestly, if you do not mind, I even would like to develop some scenes on my own, ad non vore variants or safe vore variants. If you do not mind about help like that.
Sorry for my bad english.
Made in Russia.
Make some pixels.
Rubiont-47
Participator

Postby Katar » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:04 pm

Thanks for the feedback! Pointing out bugs especially. I think I whacked all the ones you guys pointed out.
Except the last sprite on digestion. I'm still figuring out the code. Fixing it keeps breaking it for me so I'll need another
round when I get time on the digesting mechanic.

I think I went a bit too hard on Greensbrook cause it was when I started figuring out how to do things. The Belle storyline
in particular is when I learned stuff.

Trying to add multiple endings to each vore encounter was my goal for a lot of it. Non-vore options for most. That being said some characters are just meant to be food!

I'm glad you guys are enjoying it!

My next goal is to try and learn how the battle and skill system works so the player can use the stats they're gaining from depopulating the good people of Greensbrook.
Katar
Somewhat familiar

Postby hirakoshinji2 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:29 pm

Quite a bit of content for a prologue, nicely done. Normally AI art isn't my cup of tea, but since a lot of RPGMaker vore games have no art at all, I'll give this one a free pass. Keep up the good work!
hirakoshinji2
Participator

Postby nico240 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:59 pm

The end of the demo is when you eat everyone, it's the town, no, if not, what is the end of the demo? :D :gulp:
nico240
Been posting for a bit

Postby Katar » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:14 pm

Yep, only Rodnus and Trudy are uneatable I believe.
Katar
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheEvilWithin » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:26 pm

Tried it. Done a run where I try to eat everyone and one where I eat no one (although I did feed the fawn girl). For a demo, this was pretty good. I like that the game isn't afraid to do more amoral stuff. And I like the AI used. There were a couple of grammar errors tho. And some bugs. Someone already talked about the cheater guy making you do the letter quest more than once, but you also can eat him and collect money as reward as much as you want since he won't disappear once eaten.
Also why early vore scenes are done and finished in one go while the ones in Greenbook require you to walk around to digest?
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Katar » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:33 pm

TheEvilWithin wrote:Someone already talked about the cheater guy making you do the letter quest more than once, but you also can eat him and collect money as reward as much as you want since he won't disappear once eaten.
Also why early vore scenes are done and finished in one go while the ones in Greenbook require you to walk around to digest?

Bobert I hate you so much.

The reason for that is two fold 1. Just narrative brevity, getting the player out of the initial scene as quick as I could and 2. I didn't know how to do it yet when I made those scenes.
In the future I imagine some scenes will be walking around with a gut while others are brief. Mainly cause I don't want the player on the overworld map with a gut.
Katar
Somewhat familiar

Postby vgove » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:40 pm

how to get hazel to digest here meals?
vgove
Participator

Postby Katar » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:43 pm

vgove wrote:how to get hazel to digest here meals?

Walk around town, go in and out of doors.
Katar
Somewhat familiar

Postby DamnDiddlyDoober » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:06 pm

I really like this game! The writing is very good, I enjoy the passives from eating people and especially their flavor text (honestly all of the flavor text is nice, the dialogue is really nice, the descriptions are nice - did I mention I like the writing?) I hope you can find an artist to collaborate with to make custom sprites eventually, but the AI art in the mean time is nice enough.

I greatly enjoy that simply gorging yourself has consequences, both bad and neutral. Someone holding you accountable for your body count is a nice mechanic, but even more so that you can neutralize them; it requires the player to exercise restraint and planning. Different opportunities to eat more people becoming available after you eat certain people due to those consequences (ie people mourning) is very neat as well. I hope both of these continue, but especially the guard related mechanic because it adds a puzzle/strategy aspect to it all, unless you want to try and brute force past them catching you or something (which hopefully will become a feasible option for those players who prefer it that way).

A few bugs/weird things:
-If you eat Arnold before talking to Edith, you can no longer get her pie because her introduction dialogue gets skipped.
-If you eat the guard captain and choose not to grope her, you softlock the game as you can't move and Hazel does not hop off the bed naturally.
-Leofstan does not disappear after eating him.
-There doesn't seem to be any change in available interactions between the faungirl and Balion after you interact with both; or, if you can set them up in any way, I was too smooth brain to find it.
-Hazel's image got stuck after eating Darla. This was fixed after moving to a new stage of digestion, but it happened on the last build too with the Axolotl and had to be fixed by triggering a new scene. Unsure if these are related but I thought it might help to know.
-Darla's passive doesn't tell you what buff she gives.
-Belle's passive cuts off what buff she gives you (at least for me).
-Axoltl and Sleeping Avix passives have minor spelling mistakes.
-If you eat Edith instead of giving her the letter normally, you can get another one from Bobert - not sure if that's on purpose. Additionally, if you do finish the quest, you can keep interacting with Bobert to farm him for gold or keep eating him like Leofstan.
-Despite the Draper sisters being willing prey, the digestion flavor text paints them as unwilling if you eat Beatrix, take a nap, and then Ursula feeds herself to you while you sleep. (I understand this may be part of the digestion system itself so it's not a huge deal, just mentioning it.)
-There's a magic skill you pick up at some point which has no name or description and seemingly does nothing. I assume this is a placeholder for something.
-Rodnus' quest to get the berries for the guard captain is still untitled. It also has some minor spelling/grammar issues, particularly in spacing between words. The objective is also also some standard text. (I assume all of this is known & going to be worked out, but wanted to mention just in case).
-Some doors require you to interact with them to enter, while others automatically move you. It may be good to make this consistent in some way in the future.

A few suggestions/ideas:
-Make screen shake while swallowing people a toggle
-Some kind of scene replay section would be pretty cool, maybe a little theater place you can access through a mirror, like viewing Hazel's current weight (she muses on her past experiences or something?)
-It might be cool to add side quests, like Belle's quest and Bobert's quest, to the quest list like Rodnus'. I know I personally have god awful memory, so it'd be nice to have side quests maintained that way going forward as you might have more of them at a time.
-Seconding the safe vore/regurgitation options. It might be cool as a middle ground as Hazel develops, where she does get to eat people, but she doesn't digest them (or, at least, has the option to not digest them). If you intend to change her writing depending on player actions, I think there's some interesting things you could do with that; but even if you don't, it might be neat to be able to eat the same person multiple times.
DamnDiddlyDoober
New to the forum

Postby vgove » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:10 pm

can not wait for more
vgove
Participator

Postby Katar » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:25 pm

I've fixed a lot of the stuff you pointed out Doober. To get the extra faun content try pushing the merchant girl next to the cliff after talking to Anne
Katar
Somewhat familiar

Postby Wolfcrux » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:02 pm

Pretty good demo,do you plan to add more sounds for better immersion?party members where they too have weight gain and you choose who eat the prey?
Wolfcrux
Somewhat familiar

Postby DroolingPred » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:51 pm

Ooo this is a delightful amount of content.
DroolingPred
Participator

Next

Return to Vore game