PMD: Sky Vore Update 4 SFW and Hiatus (2024-04-11)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: PMD: Sky Vore (Updated 2024-02-28)

Postby Mrmufflebunss » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:46 am

So, i am stuck on the last part of installing the Mod. when you say the north america version is there a NA version or do you mean the US version. if NA version could you possibly link a link for us to find?
Mrmufflebunss
New to the forum

Postby PoiYoFan » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:25 am

I thought of a way to both nerf vore a bit and take care of the speed move problem. Maybe using a vore move should temporarily decrease your speed until full digestion, and you can increase your speed permanently by using a more utility move. (Maybe something like Fast Digestion or something close to that)
Check out my CAI bots here!
PoiYoFan
Somewhat familiar

Postby ExplosiveDragon » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:53 pm

Mrmufflebunss wrote:So, i am stuck on the last part of installing the Mod. when you say the north america version is there a NA version or do you mean the US version. if NA version could you possibly link a link for us to find?

Yes, the US version is the NA version. "NA" stands for "North America". Sorry for the confusion, when editing the .asm files the US version is referred to as "NA".

You might want to wait for a bit before starting, as I am trying to get a new update out in the next 3-4 hours, and saves don't play nice with updates.

PoiYoFan wrote:I thought of a way to both nerf vore a bit and take care of the speed move problem. Maybe using a vore move should temporarily decrease your speed until full digestion, and you can increase your speed permanently by using a more utility move. (Maybe something like Fast Digestion or something close to that)

Unfortunately delayed effects like that are not currently possible to my knowledge. That would have been my first choice too. If it is possible, it's outside of my current ability.

That being said, the idea of a "fast digestion" move is actually pretty good. I'd want fast digestion to be a bit more useful than simply fixing your speed debuff, but if I made it heal it might be good.

It'd be something like:
1. Decrease belly by ~20
2. Heal ~100 HP
3. If speed is decreased: Restore 1 PP to all moves, boost speed 1 stage

I don't know if I will replace FootTransformation, but I might put it in as an alternative move that you learn at the same level.
ExplosiveDragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Crazyman536 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:23 am

ExplosiveDragon wrote:
Mrmufflebunss wrote:So, i am stuck on the last part of installing the Mod. when you say the north america version is there a NA version or do you mean the US version. if NA version could you possibly link a link for us to find?

Yes, the US version is the NA version. "NA" stands for "North America". Sorry for the confusion, when editing the .asm files the US version is referred to as "NA".

You might want to wait for a bit before starting, as I am trying to get a new update out in the next 3-4 hours, and saves don't play nice with updates.

PoiYoFan wrote:I thought of a way to both nerf vore a bit and take care of the speed move problem. Maybe using a vore move should temporarily decrease your speed until full digestion, and you can increase your speed permanently by using a more utility move. (Maybe something like Fast Digestion or something close to that)

Unfortunately delayed effects like that are not currently possible to my knowledge. That would have been my first choice too. If it is possible, it's outside of my current ability.

That being said, the idea of a "fast digestion" move is actually pretty good. I'd want fast digestion to be a bit more useful than simply fixing your speed debuff, but if I made it heal it might be good.

It'd be something like:
1. Decrease belly by ~20
2. Heal ~100 HP
3. If speed is decreased: Restore 1 PP to all moves, boost speed 1 stage

I don't know if I will replace FootTransformation, but I might put it in as an alternative move that you learn at the same level.

if it's possible/convenient to add, you could add it as a status affect. Simply naming it something like "digesting", with a few turn slow down as the effect. If that's possible, fast digestion could work like, I believe the move was called mist, to remove the debuff while giving the bonus's.
Crazyman536
Somewhat familiar

Postby ExplosiveDragon » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:08 am

Crazyman536 wrote:if it's possible/convenient to add, you could add it as a status affect. Simply naming it something like "digesting", with a few turn slow down as the effect. If that's possible, fast digestion could work like, I believe the move was called mist, to remove the debuff while giving the bonus's.

To my knowledge, it is not possible to add status effects, nor is it possible to change anything but the length of status effects.

Basically everything has to happen immediately - that's why the vore moves are attacks with effects that trigger as soon as they kill. It is not possible to make something that has an effect on future turns, as that would require status effects to pull off. I would love to have a proper digestion phase after vore moves, but I don't think it can be done. Or if it can, it'd take far more skill and knowledge than I have.
ExplosiveDragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby GoliathBastet » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:54 am

ExplosiveDragon wrote:
Crazyman536 wrote:if it's possible/convenient to add, you could add it as a status affect. Simply naming it something like "digesting", with a few turn slow down as the effect. If that's possible, fast digestion could work like, I believe the move was called mist, to remove the debuff while giving the bonus's.

To my knowledge, it is not possible to add status effects, nor is it possible to change anything but the length of status effects.

Basically everything has to happen immediately - that's why the vore moves are attacks with effects that trigger as soon as they kill. It is not possible to make something that has an effect on future turns, as that would require status effects to pull off. I would love to have a proper digestion phase after vore moves, but I don't think it can be done. Or if it can, it'd take far more skill and knowledge than I have.

I don't know how it works in code but can't you take damage and have your turn be skipped if you are sleeping, paralyzed, or bound by starving? I know there are effects that move or swap places as well like the switch orb or whirlwind. I have no idea how this works in code but wouldn't it theoretically be possible to bind and poison something with a Vore move simulating digestion? Also don't know if it's just me but I'm getting a bug that when I go to interact with the job board after the first two mandatory missions the game freezes.
GoliathBastet
New to the forum

Re: PMD: Sky Vore Update 2.1 BUGFIX (Updated 2024-03-01)

Postby Snorlaxkid » Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:13 am

This looks like it has promise, though I find a few changes mildly questionable (not necessarily bad, just... questionable) like the increased hunger to such a degree that you HAVE to be a serial pred to survive, and the bottled micros instead of gummis isn't exactly a welcome change if you aren't into micro/macro.
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ExplosiveDragon » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:12 pm

GoliathBastet wrote:I don't know how it works in code but can't you take damage and have your turn be skipped if you are sleeping, paralyzed, or bound by starving? I know there are effects that move or swap places as well like the switch orb or whirlwind. I have no idea how this works in code but wouldn't it theoretically be possible to bind and poison something with a Vore move simulating digestion? Also don't know if it's just me but I'm getting a bug that when I go to interact with the job board after the first two mandatory missions the game freezes.

I have not encountered that freeze. I have some questions that might help me fix things:
1. Does pressing a + b + x + y fix it?
2. Are you Braixen or Oshawott? - They might have animation errors or missing animations.
3. Have you saved? - Apparently, saving on certain emulators can cause problems. If you have, try using save states?
4. Is your partner currently alive?
5. Most importantly: Are you playing on a save belonging to a previous version of the mod? For example, if you started a save on version 2, then you downloaded 2.1 and tried to use the same save, it would almost certainly break.

I have applied a patch that might fix things, you can find it as version 2.2. I have not encountered this error in my testing, so I don't know what might be causing it.

As for your suggestion, I guess it could be done but I'm not sure that it would actually look good? Poison kills really slowly in this game, and restricting moves have an unchangeable time limit. I'm not sure how to make those effects come together in a way that is satisfying. It would probably wind up being "skip ~5 turns and take like 10 damage" which is both overpowered from a gameplay perspective and doesn't amount to much from a vore perspective.
ExplosiveDragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby ExplosiveDragon » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:30 pm

Snorlaxkid wrote:This looks like it has promise, though I find a few changes mildly questionable (not necessarily bad, just... questionable) like the increased hunger to such a degree that you HAVE to be a serial pred to survive, and the bottled micros instead of gummis isn't exactly a welcome change if you aren't into micro/macro.

For hunger:
I increased the hunger rate to counterbalance vore moves. I really want people to actually use the vore moves - that's the whole point of the mod after all. And obviously, a lot of vore moves will fill your belly. That just makes sense. But with that many "free" belly refills, belly starts to become a non-issue.

So, the way I see it is that either I more or less effectively remove belly from the game by allowing vore moves to invalidate the need for apples entirely, or I increase the belly drain rate to balance the vore moves. If you aren't using vore moves and being a serial pred, you're not really going to be getting much out of this mod. Being prey just isn't very effective when dying causes you to fail dungeons. On top of that, I also wanted this mod to allow you to have a satisfying PMD experience. So I decided to force you to use vore to survive the increased belly drain.

If it really bothers you, it's actually a very easy change to revert yourself. Download SkyTemple, open up your patched .nds file, navigate to Lists > Misc. Settings and change "Belly points lost, per turn" back to 0.1.

For Micros:
Yeah, I get that it might not jive with some people. But its just a sprite/description change, so if you don't like it hopefully you can just ignore it. Absorption vore is an alternative if you really can't stomach eating micros but want IQ skills.
ExplosiveDragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby GoliathBastet » Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:53 pm

ExplosiveDragon wrote:
GoliathBastet wrote:I don't know how it works in code but can't you take damage and have your turn be skipped if you are sleeping, paralyzed, or bound by starving? I know there are effects that move or swap places as well like the switch orb or whirlwind. I have no idea how this works in code but wouldn't it theoretically be possible to bind and poison something with a Vore move simulating digestion? Also don't know if it's just me but I'm getting a bug that when I go to interact with the job board after the first two mandatory missions the game freezes.

I have not encountered that freeze. I have some questions that might help me fix things:
2. Are you Braixen or Oshawott? - They might have animation errors or missing animations.
3. Have you saved? - Apparently, saving on certain emulators can cause problems. If you have, try using save states?
5. Most importantly: Are you playing on a save belonging to a previous version of the mod? For example, if you started a save on version 2, then you downloaded 2.1 and tried to use the same save, it would almost certainly break.

I have applied a patch that might fix things, you can find it as version 2.2. I have not encountered this error in my testing, so I don't know what might be causing it.

As for your suggestion, I guess it could be done but I'm not sure that it would actually look good? Poison kills really slowly in this game, and restricting moves have an unchangeable time limit. I'm not sure how to make those effects come together in a way that is satisfying. It would probably wind up being "skip ~5 turns and take like 10 damage" which is both overpowered from a gameplay perspective and doesn't amount to much from a vore perspective.

I am playing as I riolu with a braixen partner and I have saved so I will go ahead and start again and try only using save states if not its probably braixen.
GoliathBastet
New to the forum

Postby ExplosiveDragon » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:10 pm

GoliathBastet wrote:
ExplosiveDragon wrote:

I am playing as I riolu with a braixen partner and I have saved so I will go ahead and start again and try only using save states if not its probably braixen.

If the problem is Braixen, the newest version 2.2 should fix it.
ExplosiveDragon
Been posting for a bit

Re: PMD: Sky Vore Update 2.2 BUGFIX (Updated 2024-03-02)

Postby aperson1234567890 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:07 pm

Do you have to start fresh with the update or is there a way to carry over progress?
aperson1234567890
Been posting for a bit

Postby ExplosiveDragon » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:40 pm

aperson1234567890 wrote:Do you have to start fresh with the update or is there a way to carry over progress?

If you're relying on save states, definitely not. If you're relying on regular saves, maybe. However, regular saves have the possibility of messing things up elsewhere depending on your emulator, so be cautious.
ExplosiveDragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby GoliathBastet » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:07 pm

Okay so I'm still experiencing the freeze when I try to get missions after the drowzee mission when I try to open the mison board it freezes I have tried three different PC emulators and a mobile one, tried using different starters, tried without saving etc but still haven't been able to get past this point. No idea what's causing this.
GoliathBastet
New to the forum

Postby ExplosiveDragon » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:05 pm

GoliathBastet wrote:Okay so I'm still experiencing the freeze when I try to get missions after the drowzee mission when I try to open the mison board it freezes I have tried three different PC emulators and a mobile one, tried using different starters, tried without saving etc but still haven't been able to get past this point. No idea what's causing this.

I sent you a PM. I can't seem to replicate this on my own copy. If anyone else is having this same issue, mind sending me a message?
ExplosiveDragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby G2PLAY » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:08 pm

I had this problem too had it fixed really quickly delete the old .nds and create a new .nds and fallow these simple instructions
1. The current.nds file will still keep your saved game data just delete the .nds
2.make sure you have a zipper up copy of the pmd eos so you can reapply patches with the new ones version of the patch if there is a new patch update delete previous.nds files not your ingame save this should work but if it don’t then idk
G2PLAY
Been posting for a bit

Postby Snorlaxkid » Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:20 pm

ExplosiveDragon wrote:For hunger:
I increased the hunger rate to counterbalance vore moves. I really want people to actually use the vore moves - that's the whole point of the mod after all. And obviously, a lot of vore moves will fill your belly. That just makes sense. But with that many "free" belly refills, belly starts to become a non-issue.

So, the way I see it is that either I more or less effectively remove belly from the game by allowing vore moves to invalidate the need for apples entirely, or I increase the belly drain rate to balance the vore moves. If you aren't using vore moves and being a serial pred, you're not really going to be getting much out of this mod. Being prey just isn't very effective when dying causes you to fail dungeons. On top of that, I also wanted this mod to allow you to have a satisfying PMD experience. So I decided to force you to use vore to survive the increased belly drain.

If it really bothers you, it's actually a very easy change to revert yourself. Download SkyTemple, open up your patched .nds file, navigate to Lists > Misc. Settings and change "Belly points lost, per turn" back to 0.1.

For Micros:
Yeah, I get that it might not jive with some people. But its just a sprite/description change, so if you don't like it hopefully you can just ignore it. Absorption vore is an alternative if you really can't stomach eating micros but want IQ skills.

I mean, for the hunger thing, the issue is that most of the time I don't play a vore game to be a pred. If the game actively punishes me for that to the point of being unplayable, it's a MASSIVE turn off. As for failing dungeons as a result... Yeah? It's a romhack, I can use savestates and the like.
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: PMD: Sky Vore Update 3.1 EEVEE VORE ANIM(Updated 2024-03

Postby rallenjm » Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:45 pm

ok im having issue on the site patcher its say something about secondary decompression
rallenjm
New to the forum

Re: PMD: Sky Vore Update 3.1 EEVEE VORE ANIM(Updated 2024-03

Postby ExplosiveDragon » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:02 pm

rallenjm wrote:ok im having issue on the site patcher its say something about secondary decompression

(Taken from SkyTemple FAQ: https://wiki.skytemple.org/index.php/Fr ... _Questions)

I’m getting an error that mentions the “secondary decompressor” when trying to apply an xdelta patch

If you're using an online patcher, that means the patcher is not compatible with the patch you're using. Try a different one or download XDelta into your computer. You might want to get XDeltaUI instead, since that one has a graphical interface.

If you're using XDelta on your computer, this error means that your XDelta version is outdated. Download the latest version from https://github.com/jmacd/xdelta-gpl/releases (for Windows 64-bit, download xdelta3-<version>-x86_64.exe.zip). Then replace your xdelta.exe file (not xdeltaUI.exe) with the one you just downloaded.
ExplosiveDragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby ExplosiveDragon » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:43 pm

Snorlaxkid wrote:I mean, for the hunger thing, the issue is that most of the time I don't play a vore game to be a pred. If the game actively punishes me for that to the point of being unplayable, it's a MASSIVE turn off. As for failing dungeons as a result... Yeah? It's a romhack, I can use savestates and the like.

Okay, I think I get it now. I admit that this is definitely a blind spot for me, as I usually play as a pred and hate to be prey in vore games. I honestly don't have the experience needed to know what a strict prey wants/doesn't want. I guess it was a bit silly of me to assume that prey would mind failing a dungeon.

As I mentioned previously, if the increased hunger really bothers you, it's easy to turn off yourself. I probably won't change it on future version, just because it is so easy to change yourself and would ruin the balance for people who do want to use the vore moves. I'll try to eventually add a toggle somewhere to change the increased belly rate back to normal, but that might not be a for a while.

However, I would like to know what I can do to make the game more appealing to prey players. I will be adding more vore moves to enemies eventually for a start. I currently have a move in the game that allows you to feed yourself to an ally to buff their stats, heal them, and restore HP. Would you like more moves along those lines, that allow you to buff your allies? Alternatively, would you like some moves that allow you to feed yourself to enemies? For example, a move that does damage to the enemy, but has a 1% chance to kill you (stylized as "feed yourself to the enemy to reduce their enmity, but has a chance to do massive damage to you if you can't escape their acids in time")? What about a move that feeds yourself to the enemy, killing you but having a small chance to 1-shot them + recruit them instantly?

Are there any other recommendations you might have? I would love to make this a mod that everyone can enjoy, and I realize that I was a bit close minded before.
ExplosiveDragon
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game