Ghosts & Japes

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Ghosts & Japes

Postby Thesckass20 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:06 pm

Anonno wrote:For some reason, the game appears in the same resolution as it's pixel art and I get an extremely small window, without the option to resize. I've pressed the shortcuts to get fullscreen for Windows, but it doesn't seem to work.
This is about the size of the window. Perhaps a bit bigger.
Edit: Wait nevermind, it explains it in the tutorial.

Fun, but challenging game.

How do you get it in full screen? tried alt+enter, alt+f11 but no luck
Thesckass20
New to the forum

Postby SteveFloyd » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:12 pm

Thesckass20 wrote:
Anonno wrote:For some reason, the game appears in the same resolution as it's pixel art and I get an extremely small window, without the option to resize. I've pressed the shortcuts to get fullscreen for Windows, but it doesn't seem to work.
This is about the size of the window. Perhaps a bit bigger.
Edit: Wait nevermind, it explains it in the tutorial.

Fun, but challenging game.

How do you get it in full screen? tried alt+enter, alt+f11 but no luck

In the house file you can change the fullscreen setting from "0" to "1"
SteveFloyd
New to the forum

Postby SteveFloyd » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:29 pm

SquishySofty wrote:
SteveFloyd wrote:Dangerous Tier: Purple Slime(Maw) & Cat Ghost(Tsughos)

I can agree, especially the latter who always gets me by the time they spawn.
Although even though Maw has 5 Attack stat, and practically a harder version of Illiterate Dinosaur(Ghostplain), I don't think he's worthy to become THAT dangerous, since I've never had any issues against him (I hardly get grabbed by him). His struggle stat is 28, which is less than Angello (30), meaning that he's VERY easy to escape compared to some other enemy with 40 struggle stat. In my opinion, he would be Mid Ghost Ahh tier, just not enough to be dangerous if you know to keep your distance (Or if you have higher max health to tolerate his 5 attack stat).

SteveFloyd wrote:Mid Ghost Ahh: Witch Ghost(Magi), Big Ferret(Spookobold?) & Snek Blud(Spiriserpent)

As much as Magi being my favorite ghost (Personality AND mechanic wise), I think Magi should be up to Dangerous Tier, because 1. They can shoot homing projectiles at the player that go through walls/obsicles, and 2. There's no way to defend yourself from it, other than escaping the range.
And if you're in a tight room, you're 100% guarantee to get hit by it, either a shrinking spell, or a love spell. Shrinking spells are objectively the worse thing you'll encounter, because you can't do ANYTHING while you're small, + The slow movement really doesn't help in your survivability, especially near one of the Dangerous Tiers. They're REALLY annoying if there's multiple of Magi's, depending on map generation.
Same as Magi, Spiriserpent should also be Dangerous. As previously mentioned, their struggle stats are the highest (40), a guarantee run killer if not dealt with. It's a fortunate thing that Spiriserpent's projectiles does not track, since you can easily dodge it, and their speed is under Angello's, but above Maw's. However, you really don't want to get caught by their love spell.
I assume the Big Ferret is Spookobold, since they are annoying to deal with by escaping them. However, you know what's the funny thing? Spookobold and Bunnygeist has almost the same stat, hence their speeds are the same. The only difference is that Bunnygeist has higher health, and Spookobold has higher struggle stats (Hence why they're harder to escape from them, similar to Spiriserpent, who's struggle stat is higher than Spookobold).

SteveFloyd wrote:Baby Shee: Illiterate Dinosaur(Ghostplain), Needy Firefly(Friend), Care Bear(Ghostnaru), Rabbit Chan(Bunnygeist) & Drowsy Noob(Lulla)

I never have any issues with any of them, so I agree with this list. Though, I think Lulla should be in the Weak Links, since they're the easiest to escape (Same struggle stat as Angello).

SteveFloyd wrote:Weak Links: Squidward(Serapth?) & Stupid Angel(Angello)

Seraph should DEFINITELY be the higher tier, because their oil placement can slow the player down if contact. Though, since their damage is pretty weak, and is relatively easy to escape their vore move, they should be in the Baby Shee tier, but not close enough to become mid.

SteveFloyd wrote:If you are surrounded(unlucky) Flash the Strongest enemy, suck, and sprint into them. Better than being eaten.

To clarify, it's better to suck and get hit by the sucked enemy to grant you invincibility frames that way, instead of letting a nearby enemy grabbed you and using your mouse to get hand cramps from escaping. Though, this one is not recommended if you have very low health, so only use it wisely to escape from a group of enemies.
Alternatively, you can just flash at the enemy, and escape by passing through them. The enemies won't grab you if they're stunned.

SteveFloyd wrote:Use weak links like squid and angel to give you an edge over the purple slime bastard. You normally can't suck the purple slime bastard alone, but get him with others and you'll get the suck bonus and won't instantly be pulled in by your own suck. The squid is the best to use this for. He is terrible at escaping and you get a TON of suck value off of him, so if the squid is near, try to get him to be sucked with the purple bastard.

... Or you can just group all 4 enemies, flash them and suck them all at once, which I started doing to speed up the progress. :lol:
Maw isn't that hard to dealt with if you know how to strategize, but I guess that everyone has different experiences.

The SPECIFIC mechanic that makes Maw the most dangerous IMO is because in smaller rooms where only 2-3 enemies spawn and they can be the only ones, you can't suck once to kill. They WILL pull you into them if you don't let go, dragging the time on WAY longer than any of the others do. Also, Magi's spells are pretty dangerous, HOWEVER, even if they go through walls and furniture, YOU cannot and neither can they, spells wear off eventually, and Magi can even be outsped while shrunk. Also, the sleepy guy was hard for me to rank because I think I've only ever encountered him twice throughout my games.

PS: Fellow based Magi enjoyer = Cool.
SteveFloyd
New to the forum

Postby SquishySofty » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:03 pm

SteveFloyd wrote:The SPECIFIC mechanic that makes Maw the most dangerous IMO is because in smaller rooms where only 2-3 enemies spawn and they can be the only ones, you can't suck once to kill. They WILL pull you into them if you don't let go, dragging the time on WAY longer than any of the others do.

Huh, I never encountered that issue. 8O
Most of the times, I drain them and let go immediately if a ghost is nearby or trap them in-between obstacles/walls to counteract this issue.
But in small rooms, I always flash Maw first and run away to an area away from them.

SteveFloyd wrote:Magi's spells are pretty dangerous, HOWEVER, even if they go through walls and furniture, YOU cannot and neither can they, spells wear off eventually, and Magi can even be outsped while shrunk.

If there's no other enemy around that's at least Bunnygeist's or Pink Cat's(Tsughos) speed, then I agree. ... Unless if you get hit by the love spell, or the corridors are too narrow to escape (The latter happened to me a lot of times).

SteveFloyd wrote:Also, the sleepy guy(Lulla) was hard for me to rank because I think I've only ever encountered him twice throughout my games.

You're not missing out on Lulla, they're like a slightly beefier version of Angella. Though, aside from the slight stat difference, they're pretty much a faster version of Angella. I honestly thought when I saw Lulla for the first time, they're going to put a love spell on the player similar to Magi. Unfortunately, that's not the case. :(
Don't bother me... Move along and pretend I don't exist...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Thesckass20 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:59 pm

Alright so... I like the concept of the game. Its pretty good! The procedurally made levels, the character designs... But the game lacks some things which I think worsen the gameplay and make a casual play... into a hell comparable to Dark Souls in which you cant even save before a boss fight.

One thing is fighting ghosts in a wide space in which you still got wiggle room to avoid the ghosts, but another is... a VERY cramped room in which suddenly 6 ghosts appear and you can't hope to maneuver your way out before you're inevitably swallowed, escaping with the mouse struggle? I find it pretty good for a mechanic since those with agile wrists can afford 2-3 swallows... but what good is that skill if we keep getting mobbed by 6 ghosts that stick too close to our reespawn?

I'm aware of the strategy of flashing the light,sucking their energy and if you can't gobble it all just let go ... progressively weakening the ghosts, but still I find it pretty hard trying to clear the room while there's ghosts quickly spawning back and behind me and sending me into a struggle because the hitbox for the MC is too big. The game would benefit from longer reespawn times for enemies or maybe allow for the player character to have a smaller hitbox.

And another thing I haven't been able to figure out with the instructions is... how do you save/load the game? I managed to find 3 rooms with chests, find a box hidding spot... and I went for dinner only to restart the game and find myself out of the mansion at the start of the game, didn't die once in that playthrough.

The game's just a diamond in the brute 3.5 out of 5 I guess.
Thesckass20
New to the forum

Postby SquishySofty » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:04 pm

Thesckass20 wrote:(...)but still I find it pretty hard trying to clear the room while there's ghosts quickly spawning back and behind me and sending me into a struggle because the hitbox for the MC is too big. The game would benefit from longer reespawn times for enemies or maybe allow for the player character to have a smaller hitbox.

Funny thing is: The player's hitbox is fine, it's the enemy's hitbox that's large. Especially on scenarios where I believe I can dodge and weave around the ghost, but whoopsie daisy, it caught me. :silly:

Thesckass20 wrote:And another thing I haven't been able to figure out with the instructions is... how do you save/load the game? I managed to find 3 rooms with chests, find a box hidding spot... and I went for dinner only to restart the game and find myself out of the mansion at the start of the game, didn't die once in that playthrough.

I mentioned the saves being sparce, and there's only an autosave when you go to the next floor.
Don't bother me... Move along and pretend I don't exist...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Thesckass20 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:28 pm

well, I will do well in waiting for newer versions... right now gameplay aint enjoyable for me, but still... like the concept.
Thesckass20
New to the forum

Postby Morkeleb » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:00 pm

I demand a translation of the kikiki ghost. the main character can obviously understand and has full convos with them, but all I hear is 'kikikiki heh, no idea what that side of the convo is.
Morkeleb
Somewhat familiar

Postby Etherthedrake » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:39 pm

Morkeleb wrote:I demand a translation of the kikiki ghost. the main character can obviously understand and has full convos with them, but all I hear is 'kikikiki heh, no idea what that side of the convo is.

Well, clearly, you're not fluent in "kiki kyu"... Spend some time hanging out with the native speakers, and you'll grasp it in no time, like I have!~
Hey! I'm just a dessert mouse.
"humans boring. Endo best. Dragons awesome."
Etherthedrake
Somewhat familiar

Postby leonthegreat » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:12 pm

Morkeleb wrote:I demand a translation of the kikiki ghost. the main character can obviously understand and has full convos with them, but all I hear is 'kikikiki heh, no idea what that side of the convo is.

Maybe if you let them eat you a few more times you will start to understand? It is worth a try.
Always looking for a nice belly to relax in.
leonthegreat
Somewhat familiar

Postby leonthegreat » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:23 pm

Oh yeah, by the way, I noticed something SUPER strange. Either I am going crazy, or this is something extra added to the game not mentioned as far as I could tell. I was in a dark room, with no ghost spawning yet, when suddenly a black/purple wave of something came towards me from the left side of the screen. Then, I heard the ghosts laughing (like when you go through the false doors) and I was teleported back to the foyer room where Kaishi is. Anybody else notice this?
Always looking for a nice belly to relax in.
leonthegreat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Eniel » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:00 am

leonthegreat wrote:Oh yeah, by the way, I noticed something SUPER strange. Either I am going crazy, or this is something extra added to the game not mentioned as far as I could tell. I was in a dark room, with no ghost spawning yet, when suddenly a black/purple wave of something came towards me from the left side of the screen. Then, I heard the ghosts laughing (like when you go through the false doors) and I was teleported back to the foyer room where Kaishi is. Anybody else notice this?

the world around us vanishes into thin air
WHAT
Eniel
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ventus376 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:05 pm

I want to play this game but I don't have a computer or laptop. Is there a way to play this on mobile, or will there eventually be a mobile version?
Ventus376
New to the forum

Postby JapesofGrapes » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:16 pm

Ventus376 wrote:I want to play this game but I don't have a computer or laptop. Is there a way to play this on mobile, or will there eventually be a mobile version?

There are no plans for our games to support mobile devices.
JapesofGrapes
New to the forum

Postby WarlockSnorlax » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:31 pm

This game is good. Sooo good. Vore-wise, at least. The animations are killer and the dialogue is perfect. Easily makes this game. Mwah. Chef's kiss.
I think that the gameplay side could be improved a little, as fighting ghosts is a bit repetitive after a while. I think that there should be less ghosts and a bit more gold, I never have enough to afford anything.
The modding scene is teensy, but great!! Looking forward to enjoying this game for a whiile.
If you're seeing this, you will be cursed...
...with a great day.
WarlockSnorlax
New to the forum

Postby Sixberry » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:40 pm

Ok, tried it for myself. There's a *substantial* desire for more movement outside of a fixed walkspeed, or just being able to stun ghosts more readily after escaping a struggle scenario. Just seems that you either get caught again before the cooldown is up, or flash, miss *one*, and get stuck in a cycle of being caught before your stuns are ready again. Frustrating to be entirely honest.
It's not even a case of how tight the rooms are, it's just how much faster than you the ghosts seem to move, and for no good reason either! Burst of speed ontop of I-frames would do wonders here.
Sixberry
New to the forum

Postby Sixberry » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:22 pm

Sixberry wrote:Ok, tried it for myself. There's a *substantial* desire for more movement outside of a fixed walkspeed, or just being able to stun ghosts more readily after escaping a struggle scenario. Just seems that you either get caught again before the cooldown is up, or flash, miss *one*, and get stuck in a cycle of being caught before your stuns are ready again. Frustrating to be entirely honest.
It's not even a case of how tight the rooms are, it's just how much faster than you the ghosts seem to move, and for no good reason either! Burst of speed ontop of I-frames would do wonders here.

Yep, bit more testing proves that your lantern takes longer to recharge than your I-frames last.
Sixberry
New to the forum

Postby IncoIsARadio » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:00 am

I do think a stamina gauge and sprint would help a lot... it would provide another avenue to make ghost encounters more interesting too, if stamina had any interaction with your ghost sucking.
IncoIsARadio
Been posting for a bit

Postby Morkeleb » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:05 am

what's the point of the endo charm you can buy?

it only works if you don't struggle at all, the ghost still doesn't let you go, and if you start struggling the damage starts again. I had thought it made ghosts friendly when you got out of them, that would make more sense. Would love to talk to the ghosts when they aren't actively hostile.

But yeah, endo charm utterly useless and doesn't do anything for you at all.
Morkeleb
Somewhat familiar

Postby grz01 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 am

Gotta say I'm struggling to get the window of the game to a reasonable size too. I've read the posts on here about changing settings but the game when you go back in seemingly just changes it back to 0? Any ideas anyone please on how to get it to full screen please, or at least bigger than a postage stamp?
grz01
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game