Second Life or VRChat?

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Which system do you use?

Second Life
28%
VRChat
72%

Total votes : 123

Second Life or VRChat?

Postby calldahotline » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:10 am

I have recently started looking into the subject of using these games/systems for roleplay and wanted to get the opinions of people who actually use them. Hoping to figure out which is easier to get into, which is actually cheaper to have a decent experience on, weather I have to buy specific tools or if I find a predator partner them having the tools shares them with me, and which one is more suitable for just desktop and RP without a microphone.
calldahotline
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Second Life or VRChat?

Postby Emberell » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:27 am

Hello!

As an avid user of Second Life, and a sometimes user of VR chat, I think I can help give some perspective here (Especially as regards to vore experiences in both). I’ll address each of the points you’ve raised as best I know them. My information on VRchat may be a bit out of date, so someone can happily correct me on that if I’m wrong on any of these points.

* Which platform is easier to get into?

VRChat. Vrchat is much simpler overall in what you can do with it and scope, and the list of controls or basic avatar changing isn’t a terribly in-depth process. While it’s difficult to be yourself right away there, there are a plethora of free avatars that can help you be something close - and it’s fairly straightforward getting used to moving around, going to new locales, and everything involved in actually managing the platform. The Vore tools there can take some understanding to get used to, but if you can find someone similarly into vore using the platform, the barrier to entry (no vorish pun intended) is a bit lower.

Second Life is notoriously difficult to get into (by its nature of having a LOT of systems that have only kept growing over the years). While there ARE a fair few decent starting materials you can find for free, learning how to put an avatar together is a difficult and time consuming process that VRchat’s is not (And often, the free materials are not of the ideal quality or nature to build something more resembling yourself). On the other paw, I find it can be easier to find someone to help in Second Life, when you’re looking for help getting involved and learning - as there is a wealth of help areas with people and information, as well as folk usually happy to help at any of the vore locations (where Second Life allows adult locales, VRchat often does not).

* Which platform is the cheapest to have a decent experience on?

Both are very cheap to have a decent experience on, though this depends on your idea of a decent experience. If that includes having a decent avatar that resembles ‘you’, I would say Second Life is much cheaper than VRchat. If a decent experience just means finding an avatar that looks nice that you can dip into and get eaten in - I would say VRchat paws-down is the cheapest.

If having a decent time means being a predator yourself - VRchat has a few avatars that come with predatory abilities out of the. Box. Second Life doesn’t have much in the way of free vore systems that can facilitate that, so the cost of entry is a little bit higher there.

* Which platform is more suitable for desktop and RP without a microphone?

Second life is more suitable for desktop play and RP without a microphone. VRchat is basically all talk all the time - most users use headsets, and while you can use desktop mode, the last time I was there typing was not an option, you would have to use discord to converse. Text RP is rather the norm on Second Life - and it’s very easy to chill out while snuggling there, talking via text with patrons at one of the many vore establishments.

Closing thoughts:

Despite my lack of activity on VRchat, I really enjoy both of these platforms a lot. My gravitation to Second Life comes more from tmy ability to be myself there (as second life allows me to be a feral in a way VRchat can’t enable). Making your own avatar in Second Life often involves working with many different parts which you can combine or swap out while in the world itself - whereas VRChat, making your own avatar involves using unity and 3D software and a fair bit deeper technical knowhow. Second Life has the advantage of making it easier to express yourself - whereas VRchat has the advantage of being easy to drop into and learn.

The depth and challenge of learning Second Life CAN be worth it, if you find yourself drawn to the world and wanting to stick around with the people there- but it can feel not worth it sometimes when a lot of the time the ease of being on desktop makes it hard to find someone who’ll actually talk because a lot of people are just AFK.

I hope these thoguhts help you decide between the two! If you DO find yourself in Second Life, feel free to shoot me a wave, I’ll get you connected with resources there. I am Ember (emberell) there, and a lot of what I do is try to help people learn and get involved with the platform.

- Ember
Emberell
Been posting for a bit

Postby calldahotline » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:46 am

Actually, Ember's advice (thank you) gives me an idea for VR chat. I have got a character - a Dullahan who accidentally swallowed their own head - who is effectively mute and communicates through written notes. So if I could find something to write notes on the fly, could go in as her.
calldahotline
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby JDandAliProductions » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:43 pm

I would recommend Second Life if I'm honest, it's a lot cheaper to make an avatar for Second Life than it is to get one made for VRChat (Unless of course you are making your own VRChat avatar) the other thing is that Second Life doesn't have VR compatibility yet so it's all keyboard and mouse, the other cool thing about it is you aren't trapped in worlds with a maximum of 20-30 people and are instead in a massive connected world where you can walk, sail, drive, fly or teleport between different areas, you aren't limited to only seeing some avatars based on the system you are playing on but instead you can choose who you see and who you hide. The final factor in my reasoning is that it has been around over 20 years and is still alive and has lots of content from combat and RP systems to simple things like recreations of real life tourist destinations.
If you wanna support what I do then please check out my Patreon, I'm working on a novel series too https://www.patreon.com/AliRenegade
JDandAliProductions
Participator

Postby ArcaneSigil » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:44 pm

Having just recently (last Christmas) come into possession of an Oculus headset... I'd like to see high graphic vore games in VR. Adventure vore games, crafting vore games, role playing vore games.

Adventure Vore game example: You play as a self created character (male or female, human or otherwise). You have two goals. Either get to the end of the game without getting eaten alive and finding some... end goal. No idea what. Or you play the more "adventurous" sort, getting eaten frequently to a different end goal.

Crafting vore game example: Survival. Your building cities, structures and fortifications so you and your allies (AI or player), can survive infrequent hoards of monsters that can and will eat you and your friends if they get in. Or you can figure out the best way to let them in without getting caught by the people living in your buildings.

Roleplaying vore game example: You have multiple chances and multiple choices that could lead to you eating people, you being eaten, you watching people get eaten, you feeding people to monsters, so on and so on. Endless choices.
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby calldahotline » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:39 pm

Just saw an ad for a website called ready player.me when I booted up VRC and was dinking around in the home area. Is this a decent site?
calldahotline
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby justanotherdragon » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:09 pm

VRC does have text chat now, both for VR mode and desktop. Vore in VRC, if you're planning to make your own OC's, is a $45 purchase for the only public vore system I know of, and then avatars can run you over $80 (and accessories build up too). Fully custom models can cost around $1000. If you're okay with using things other people have made, it's completely free then. If you know blender and unity and wanna make your characters yourself, that's always an option too, but otherwise Second Life is going to be better (if a bit emptier)
justanotherdragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby JDandAliProductions » Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:42 am

calldahotline wrote:Just saw an ad for a website called ready player.me when I booted up VRC and was dinking around in the home area. Is this a decent site?

No not at all, I've used it myself and it's basically for making avatars but it's extremely basic
If you wanna support what I do then please check out my Patreon, I'm working on a novel series too https://www.patreon.com/AliRenegade
JDandAliProductions
Participator

Postby seth270 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:10 am

As a user of Second Life for near 13+ years I can say much like Ember said Second Life has a very steep learning kerb for new users but if you have someone that's willing to take the time and patience to teach you it is an extremely versatile platform to express yourself in any way you see fit.
seth270
Participator

Postby ArcaneSigil » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:11 am

JDandAliProductions wrote:
calldahotline wrote:Just saw an ad for a website called ready player.me when I booted up VRC and was dinking around in the home area. Is this a decent site?

No not at all, I've used it myself and it's basically for making avatars but it's extremely basic

That and it's complicated as hell. I used it but it doesn't exactly explain how we're supposed to upload the avatars we make TO the occulus and vr chat rooms.
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby wierdo2000 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:33 am

Try resonite! https://resonite.com/
they have a dedicated Mod for Vore! :)
wierdo2000
Somewhat familiar

Postby GoliathBastet » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:28 am

wierdo2000 wrote:Try resonite! https://resonite.com/
they have a dedicated Mod for Vore! :)

All three do resonite definitely has the best quality of model interaction and unique details, vrc is the easiest to get into and second life is pretty much the middle ground not quite as detailed as resonite but a lot more detailed then the vrc models I have seen.
GoliathBastet
New to the forum

Postby grz01 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:07 pm

Secondlife is great for meeting others into vore, I don't believe there's a recognised public meeting spot for those interested on VRChat (but could easily be wrong) so you can only chat with those you already know on VRChat, and without the opportunity to meet others you never know anyone. Catch 22 situation. I could be wrong though of course, just talking from my own experience of VR Chat.
grz01
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zoku » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:35 pm

wish i had friends on vrchat that do vore..... :( :( :(
Zoku
New to the forum

Postby patthecat » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:20 am

As a mentor on resonite, and one of the creators of the CV system. Resonite is good yes, but can be VERY difficult to get into and understand without help, yes the community is helpful yet would take time to understand how things work, and some mentors don't like being approached with a question of 'how do i get the vore system' yes it happens ALOT. Vrchat is good and easier to get into since free avatars can be found and saved, yet if you don't know anyone kinda hard to find the right crowd... Honestly I think second life might be just all around easier to meet new people and get started just need to find an avatar that suits you and might cost a little monies.
patthecat
New to the forum

Postby justanotherdragon » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:22 pm

patthecat wrote:As a mentor on resonite, and one of the creators of the CV system. Resonite is good yes, but can be VERY difficult to get into and understand without help, yes the community is helpful yet would take time to understand how things work, and some mentors don't like being approached with a question of 'how do i get the vore system' yes it happens ALOT. Vrchat is good and easier to get into since free avatars can be found and saved, yet if you don't know anyone kinda hard to find the right crowd... Honestly I think second life might be just all around easier to meet new people and get started just need to find an avatar that suits you and might cost a little monies.

There's a CV system in resonite now?! Is it built off the vore system from Neos or is it completely new??
justanotherdragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby AnonymousRandomAnon » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:14 am

Second LIfe is so old, dead, and janky that the Youtubers that explore dead games explored it years ago, and the engine for the game is a hot mess. Also a huge chunk of the game's content is paywalled, and I assume most of the stuff you buy will fund accounts that don't even exist anymore, or to people who haven't played in a decade. I'm sure you might still be able to find little hidey-holes if you look (I'm sure Eka's Portal has one), but I really don't think anyone should bother, and move to more modern stuff like VR Chat and Resonite.
AnonymousRandomAnon
Somewhat familiar

Postby patthecat » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:57 am

justanotherdragon wrote:
patthecat wrote:As a mentor on resonite, and one of the creators of the CV system. Resonite is good yes, but can be VERY difficult to get into and understand without help, yes the community is helpful yet would take time to understand how things work, and some mentors don't like being approached with a question of 'how do i get the vore system' yes it happens ALOT. Vrchat is good and easier to get into since free avatars can be found and saved, yet if you don't know anyone kinda hard to find the right crowd... Honestly I think second life might be just all around easier to meet new people and get started just need to find an avatar that suits you and might cost a little monies.

There's a CV system in resonite now?! Is it built off the vore system from Neos or is it completely new??

Myself and Lucas made it completely from scratch, it is VERY simular to the OV system just because we wanted to keep a majority of what people already liked but do CV instead, the major differences is when you buy the system it also comes with canine, hoss and humanoid peens models, all with bulge blendshapes going down the shaft and even in the balls. And that you have unlimited prey inside the balls, originally it was 6 but lucas found a way to make it each time someone is grabbed that is when the anchor is generated, which also reduces any lag. It's not free but you do get alot for 25$

also it's been around for a little over a year now... just kinda kept it hush hush and word of mouth.
patthecat
New to the forum

Postby jasamprn » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:15 pm

Just to add since Ember's advice is from a while ago, there's now a built in textbox for VRC. (though for some dumb reason, it defaults to friends+ only can see. Most people have it changed to show everyone these days)

Plenty of VRC mutes, even a few in the vore meetups.

Definatly would say the VRC and Second Life communities are the easiest to find. I know serveral people who gave up on Neos e.t.c just from sheer "need to know someone who knows someone" exhaustion.
jasamprn
Somewhat familiar

Postby dotparsley » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:45 am

I am unable to test the primary version due to the installation of the ReGherk conversation mod. However, the alternative version of the mod works well on version 1130.
dotparsley
New to the forum

Next

Return to Vore game