PMD: Sky Vore Update 4 SFW and Hiatus (2024-04-11)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: PMD: Sky Vore Update 2.1 BUGFIX (Updated 2024-03-01)

Postby G2PLAY » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:00 pm

ExplosiveDragon wrote:
Snorlaxkid wrote:I mean, for the hunger thing, the issue is that most of the time I don't play a vore game to be a pred. If the game actively punishes me for that to the point of being unplayable, it's a MASSIVE turn off. As for failing dungeons as a result... Yeah? It's a romhack, I can use savestates and the like.

Okay, I think I get it now. I admit that this is definitely a blind spot for me, as I usually play as a pred and hate to be prey in vore games. I honestly don't have the experience needed to know what a strict prey wants/doesn't want. I guess it was a bit silly of me to assume that prey would mind failing a dungeon.

As I mentioned previously, if the increased hunger really bothers you, it's easy to turn off yourself. I probably won't change it on future version, just because it is so easy to change yourself and would ruin the balance for people who do want to use the vore moves. I'll try to eventually add a toggle somewhere to change the increased belly rate back to normal, but that might not be a for a while.

However, I would like to know what I can do to make the game more appealing to prey players. I will be adding more vore moves to enemies eventually for a start. I currently have a move in the game that allows you to feed yourself to an ally to buff their stats, heal them, and restore HP. Would you like more moves along those lines, that allow you to buff your allies? Alternatively, would you like some moves that allow you to feed yourself to enemies? For example, a move that does damage to the enemy, but has a 1% chance to kill you (stylized as "feed yourself to the enemy to reduce their enmity, but has a chance to do massive damage to you if you can't escape their acids in time")? What about a move that feeds yourself to the enemy, killing you but having a small chance to 1-shot them + recruit them instantly?

Are there any other recommendations you might have? I would love to make this a mod that everyone can enjoy, and I realize that I was a bit close minded before.

Well that depends on the players playstyle honestly think that pmd as a-whole is kinda too easy for me and the ramp up the hunger lvl is for more a well veteran players (i am one of those vets) so if you havent played a pmd game at all it will probably be very hard to walk on your very 1st time playing the game there are others who arnt vets and still able to pull through so you can too if you try hard enough there are also holdable items like stamina band which helps with Lessing the load of hunger stress
G2PLAY
Been posting for a bit

Re: PMD: Sky Vore Update 3.1 EEVEE VORE ANIM(Updated 2024-03

Postby Carni-vore » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:32 pm

I tried playing as eevee originally before the recent update, but evolved to vaporeon in the first dungeon. Not sure how that happened.
.....I have ALOT of hungry dragons...Anyone want to say hello?

Carni-vore
???

Postby rallenjm » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:38 pm

ExplosiveDragon wrote:
rallenjm wrote:ok im having issue on the site patcher its say something about secondary decompression

(Taken from SkyTemple FAQ: https://wiki.skytemple.org/index.php/Fr ... _Questions)

I’m getting an error that mentions the “secondary decompressor” when trying to apply an xdelta patch

If you're using an online patcher, that means the patcher is not compatible with the patch you're using. Try a different one or download XDelta into your computer. You might want to get XDeltaUI instead, since that one has a graphical interface.

If you're using XDelta on your computer, this error means that your XDelta version is outdated. Download the latest version from https://github.com/jmacd/xdelta-gpl/releases (for Windows 64-bit, download xdelta3-<version>-x86_64.exe.zip). Then replace your xdelta.exe file (not xdeltaUI.exe) with the one you just downloaded.

thank you ive been stuck on trying to patch its since i first found this thread
rallenjm
New to the forum

Postby ExplosiveDragon » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:19 pm

Carni-vore wrote:I tried playing as eevee originally before the recent update, but evolved to vaporeon in the first dungeon. Not sure how that happened.

...Oops. I was working on getting sprite changes to work. I had eevee transform into vaporeon when it uses a certain move as a test. Seems I left it in that version. Most recent version should be fixed. Shinx should also have a weird move in the old version. It shouldn't be an actual evolution, just a sprite change though.

I, uh, am a professional and know what I am doing. I promise.
ExplosiveDragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby G2PLAY » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:57 am

ExplosiveDragon wrote:
Carni-vore wrote:I tried playing as eevee originally before the recent update, but evolved to vaporeon in the first dungeon. Not sure how that happened.

...Oops. I was working on getting sprite changes to work. I had eevee transform into vaporeon when it uses a certain move as a test. Seems I left it in that version. Most recent version should be fixed. Shinx should also have a weird move in the old version. It shouldn't be an actual evolution, just a sprite change though.

I, uh, am a professional and know what I am doing. I promise.

Well take your time if I were me I would 1st focuse on the body’s rather then getting the extra stuff too work as a fames
quote from my favorite video game PERSONA 5 “Take your time.” yes you will have problems but that’s why gamers who test there metal will promptly address what is wrong the gamers help you find the bug or issue just don’t stress about it
G2PLAY
Been posting for a bit

Postby PKMNFan » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:38 am

Well, gave this a shot, definitely a fun ride so far. Have gotten all the way as far as Chapter 6, team Skull’s intro. Not gonna lie, switching out the gum is for micros is a silly idea I kinda like. Couple things regarding them, though;

Several have text wraparound errors and cutoffs. Pretty minor issue, just a readability thing.

The Help Board in front of the Jobs board still refers to them as Gummis, maybe you could use that section to give a bit of flavor text as to why Micros are now a thing. Small bit of world building and such.

One of them refers to the occupant as a “girl,” maybe switch that to “lady” to avoid certain implications.

Related to the above, have there been any modifications to the Manaphy quest regarding gummis? Definitely want to make some level of changes to that, since Manaphy is explicitly a child at that moment. Is it possible to change what food item you give them? If there are unused item slots, maybe make something new with that.

Other than that, definitely fun. With current moves, been a challenge when to use certain vore moves, either to fill the belly or have a chance of permanently raising stats. Side note, playing as a male character, but I do like that he was capable of learning Unbirth. Thinking of learning more on how the editor works, definitely want to see about a new starter.
PKMNFan
New to the forum

Postby Snorlaxkid » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:07 am

ExplosiveDragon wrote:Okay, I think I get it now. I admit that this is definitely a blind spot for me, as I usually play as a pred and hate to be prey in vore games. I honestly don't have the experience needed to know what a strict prey wants/doesn't want. I guess it was a bit silly of me to assume that prey would mind failing a dungeon.

As I mentioned previously, if the increased hunger really bothers you, it's easy to turn off yourself. I probably won't change it on future version, just because it is so easy to change yourself and would ruin the balance for people who do want to use the vore moves. I'll try to eventually add a toggle somewhere to change the increased belly rate back to normal, but that might not be a for a while.

However, I would like to know what I can do to make the game more appealing to prey players. I will be adding more vore moves to enemies eventually for a start. I currently have a move in the game that allows you to feed yourself to an ally to buff their stats, heal them, and restore HP. Would you like more moves along those lines, that allow you to buff your allies? Alternatively, would you like some moves that allow you to feed yourself to enemies? For example, a move that does damage to the enemy, but has a 1% chance to kill you (stylized as "feed yourself to the enemy to reduce their enmity, but has a chance to do massive damage to you if you can't escape their acids in time")? What about a move that feeds yourself to the enemy, killing you but having a small chance to 1-shot them + recruit them instantly?

Are there any other recommendations you might have? I would love to make this a mod that everyone can enjoy, and I realize that I was a bit close minded before.

Hey, no problem. I know I can come across as an ass at times by making similar mistakes so I know how you feel here. I wasn't entirely in the right either if you think about it. And well, I'm not really experienced with the the type of files the stats are made in these mods so I wouldn't know really if it's easy enough to change the hunger myself, and if it's a balance issue I feel that's more a matter of opinion so we could argue in circles for ages about that. As for the move recommendations, I'm not sure about ones that are a chance to self-KO (for one those could either be EXTREMELY overpowered, or HORRIBLY bugged as low roll RNG effects don't happen often in PMD, anyone who's gone to grind out befriending the legendary bosses in the OGs knows that pretty well) but a potential "instant recruit" move that hurts the user would be interesting for a prey-centric vore move. I would worry about making it an actual move tho, since using it in certain circumstances (like against a boss fight) could result in issues. Perhaps an orb effect? ...Not sure if you could make an additional orb now that I say that, but orbs have the benefit of being unusable during important boss fights.
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby aperson1234567890 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:24 pm

I definitely enjoy both the ability to be pred and prey. I really like seeing what enemies do and don't currently have the vore moves. Though I just about had a heart attack the first time I encountered a mon with Item Transformation. I shall leave the mon in question unnamed as to preserve the surprise >:) Definitely excited to see this develop and I do wonder if it's possible for the move flavor text to be edited. Some vore dialogue after using a move or something of that nature.
aperson1234567890
Been posting for a bit

Postby G2PLAY » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:40 pm

aperson1234567890 wrote:I definitely enjoy both the ability to be pred and prey. I really like seeing what enemies do and don't currently have the vore moves. Though I just about had a heart attack the first time I encountered a mon with Item Transformation. I shall leave the mon in question unnamed as to preserve the surprise >:) Definitely excited to see this develop and I do wonder if it's possible for the move flavor text to be edited. Some vore dialogue after using a move or something of that nature.

Wait untill you encounter a monster house full of mass itemiezation in a one room i would be on the upmost panic attack
G2PLAY
Been posting for a bit

Postby ExplosiveDragon » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:39 pm

PKMNFan wrote:Several have text wraparound errors and cutoffs. Pretty minor issue, just a readability thing.

Darn, thought I got all the text issues solved. I swear it works differently every time I test it.

PKMNFan wrote:The Help Board in front of the Jobs board still refers to them as Gummis, maybe you could use that section to give a bit of flavor text as to why Micros are now a thing. Small bit of world building and such.

Related to the above, have there been any modifications to the Manaphy quest regarding gummis? Definitely want to make some level of changes to that, since Manaphy is explicitly a child at that moment. Is it possible to change what food item you give them? If there are unused item slots, maybe make something new with that.

Both of those are on my todo list. There are a number of places in the game that reference gummis, and I'll have to dedicate some time to finding and changing them all.

As for the Manaphy bit, that is definitely on my list. Problem is that the methods of changing cutscenes is different to the method of changing dungeon stuff, so I've been leaving that for later. It will be changed, though. I'll probably change it to big apple or something.

PKMNFan wrote:One of them refers to the occupant as a “girl,” maybe switch that to “lady” to avoid certain implications.

Point. It'll be changed next update.

PKMNFan wrote:Thinking of learning more on how the editor works, definitely want to see about a new starter.

I'd encourage you to check out SkyTemple, it's not as hard as you might think. If all you want is a new starter, I'm open to requests. It's not too much work to add if someone really wants it.

aperson1234567890 wrote:Definitely excited to see this develop and I do wonder if it's possible for the move flavor text to be edited. Some vore dialogue after using a move or something of that nature.

I think it is possible, but it's low on the list right now. It'd also have to be a pretty generic line for each move.

Snorlaxkid wrote:As for the move recommendations, I'm not sure about ones that are a chance to self-KO (for one those could either be EXTREMELY overpowered, or HORRIBLY bugged as low roll RNG effects don't happen often in PMD, anyone who's gone to grind out befriending the legendary bosses in the OGs knows that pretty well) but a potential "instant recruit" move that hurts the user would be interesting for a prey-centric vore move. I would worry about making it an actual move tho, since using it in certain circumstances (like against a boss fight) could result in issues. Perhaps an orb effect? ...Not sure if you could make an additional orb now that I say that, but orbs have the benefit of being unusable during important boss fights.

The move wouldn't work on non-recruitable bosses anyways, as RecruitCheck will fail against them. Nor would the move work in story mission, only in regular missions.

Your point about bosses does make sense. Here's my idea:
Feed Enemy (10pp, 50 bp, poison) - Feed yourself to the enemy in order to endear yourself to them. Deals damage by lowering the enemy's will to fight. On a knockout, recruitment is guaranteed. But if you can't fully lower their will with this move, they'll digest you, doing massive damage! (So basically deal damage > if knockout, recruit if possible (non-story, non-boss) > if not knockout, take recoil)

And then a similar version as an orb that deals instakill damage instead of normal damage. Probably replacing the instakill orb.
ExplosiveDragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby G2PLAY » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:56 am

Snorlaxkid wrote:
Hey, no problem. I know I can come across as an ass at times by making similar mistakes so I know how you feel here. I wasn't entirely in the right either if you think about it. And well, I'm not really experienced with the the type of files the stats are made in these mods so I wouldn't know really if it's easy enough to change the hunger myself, and if it's a balance issue I feel that's more a matter of opinion so we could argue in circles for ages about that. As for the move recommendations, I'm not sure about ones that are a chance to self-KO (for one those could either be EXTREMELY overpowered, or HORRIBLY bugged as low roll RNG effects don't happen often in PMD, anyone who's gone to grind out befriending the legendary bosses in the OGs knows that pretty well) but a potential "instant recruit" move that hurts the user would be interesting for a prey-centric vore move. I would worry about making it an actual move tho, since using it in certain circumstances (like against a boss fight) could result in issues. Perhaps an orb effect? ...Not sure if you could make an additional orb now that I say that, but orbs have the benefit of being unusable during important boss fights.

Well to be more precise there are 3ohko moves and the accuracy of all said moves are 30% two of which can friendly fire your team shear cold and fissure are friendly fire and horn drill and as all same fashion and was made a rule that ohko move won’t work on bosses to include foes of higher level then you, unless it’s extreme damage which is not an ohko move the max damage I can inflict was 1300
At most and your max hp caps at 999 but you can go beyond that and enemy’s hp cap around 2k at most on post game bosses
G2PLAY
Been posting for a bit

Postby PKMNFan » Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:22 am

ExplosiveDragon wrote:As for the Manaphy bit, that is definitely on my list. Problem is that the methods of changing cutscenes is different to the method of changing dungeon stuff, so I've been leaving that for later. It will be changed, though. I'll probably change it to big apple or something.

So, using SkyTemple, does look like there are dummied-out items. Maybe to make it something the player would have to actively look for, make them Bananas. Turns out that the Rescue Team games had Bananas that were basically glorified Huge Apples, but with the added bonus of being the most profitable item in the game, more valuable than even Gold Ribbons. Is it possible to set them to spawn rarely in certain dungeons? Callback to a previous game, and makes sense to feed a baby over an Apple.
PKMNFan
New to the forum

Postby G2PLAY » Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:13 am

PKMNFan wrote:So, using SkyTemple, does look like there are dummied-out items. Maybe to make it something the player would have to actively look for, make them Bananas. Turns out that the Rescue Team games had Bananas that were basically glorified Huge Apples, but with the added bonus of being the most profitable item in the game, more valuable than even Gold Ribbons. Is it possible to set them to spawn rarely in certain dungeons? Callback to a previous game, and makes sense to feed a baby over an Apple.

Yes in fact the group who used bananas which also has a discord server made a whole pmd game but the bananas function differently in stead of be a huge apple it fills the team “a banana for all item” also the group is named PMDO
(Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Origins) ‘kinda a long name if you ask me’ however it’s a less selling price and more of a full team big apple
G2PLAY
Been posting for a bit

Re: PMD: Sky Vore Update 3.1 CHARMANDER(Updated 2024-03-08)

Postby ExplosiveDragon » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:48 pm

New update! Now Charmander has a full-belly sprite after oral vore :gulp: ! Also, I fixed micro descriptions, and added a new move, Quick Digestion! This move is a status move that sacrifices belly for healing, and is meant to be an alternative for Foot Transformation!

If anyone has any requests for who you'd like to see get a full-belly sprite next, I'd be happy to hear them.

As for Manaphy changes, I haven't got around to it yet. I'm probably not going to go with bananas as I'd have to add them as they are not in the game.
ExplosiveDragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Houyo » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:04 pm

For the record, I have made very little progress with treecko... XP Life has been busy.
Houyo
???

Postby G2PLAY » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:10 am

ExplosiveDragon,

Oh dip I just realized something squirtle might be a problem it’s body is a shell which would probably look weird if you put belly bod on em cause turtle shells are not suppose to bend or flex there stiff hard bones
G2PLAY
Been posting for a bit

Postby PKMNFan » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:50 am

I mean, doesn’t stop people from giving characters like Bowser from the Mario series a belly. Anyway, trying out Charmander, definitely fun to stroll around with a fat gut.

By the way, could you post the Micro sprites here? Kinda want to experiment with something to see if they could be further made to look like jars.
PKMNFan
New to the forum

Postby MelonBoobies » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:38 am

Kinda wish the protag were older in the main series, would've totally said it'd be nice to have a game like X&Y or Sun&Moon get a vore mod (protag eats defeated trainers maybe) but well ... they're kids so heck no. ^^;

Edit: (wait, would it be possible to age the protag up in the main series ..? I mean there have been a few romhacks with adult protags so it might be possible)
MelonBoobies
Somewhat familiar

Postby G2PLAY » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:08 pm

MelonBoobies wrote:Kinda wish the protag were older in the main series, would've totally said it'd be nice to have a game like X&Y or Sun&Moon get a vore mod (protag eats defeated trainers maybe) but well ... they're kids so heck no. ^^;

Edit: (wait, would it be possible to age the protag up in the main series ..? I mean there have been a few romhacks with adult protags so it might be possible)

Wrong game zone for that type of discussion Btb this is a mystery dungeon not main line Pokemon there bruv
G2PLAY
Been posting for a bit

Postby ExplosiveDragon » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:35 pm

PKMNFan wrote:By the way, could you post the Micro sprites here? Kinda want to experiment with something to see if they could be further made to look like jars.

Sure. I'd love it if someone better than me at art can improve them. Fair warning, item sprites are a pain in the ass.

First of all, there's actually only one micro sprite, not multiple. Rather, each micro item uses a different color pallet.

Secondly, the sprite is only 16px*16px large, so there's not a whole lot of space to work with.

Thirdly is the color pallet. If you open up the image in GIMP you can see the color map of the image, which is a 16*16 square of colors. Each line is one color pallet you can work with. The sprite CAN ONLY be comprised of colors from *one* of those lines. Each line starts with transparent, then black, and ends with white. So basically you have black, white, transparent, and 13 pre-selected colors to work with. You CANNOT change those colors, or they'll change the colors of EVERY other item. Also, the sprites must be uploaded using line 7 (the 8th line).

If that doesn't run you off, here it is:
Mega: https://mega.nz/file/N680yRrC#p_HOvraKr ... 6dJzJk9W8s
Google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k_PK6u ... sp=sharing
ExplosiveDragon
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game