A statement from Nyte about his DeviantArt ban

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

A statement from Nyte about his DeviantArt ban

Postby nyte » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:55 pm

As I’m sure many of you have noticed, as of February 14th, DeviantArt decided to end their relationship with me and permanently suspend my account.

It was a lovely Valentine’s Day gift. </3

In all seriousness, despite having witnessed my artist peers being purged from the changing platform and knowing full well it could happen to me at any time, it does not soften the blow. The owners of DA are taking the platform in a direction that no longer includes our passionate community. That is the truth of the matter.

However, other truths are that this turn of events does not mean our community is through. It does not mean that Nyte Comics is through. My DA account may be gone, but it cannot take away what it helped us build.

I’m thankful for DeviantArt. I had the account for over 16 years. I’m 39 years old, and I started sharing my vore art there when I was a wee lad at 22. If it were not for DeviantArt, I would not have the incredibly supportive fanbase that I have today. Many of you have become extremely close friends.

DA is where I met Tawny, my colorist and colleague, my heart and soul. She works so hard behind the scenes to make sure you all get the best quality comics we can produce. I’d be nowhere without her.

DA is how I found my entire team of artists. The most “junior” team member has been with me for three years now, and the rest of my team has been working with me for 5 or more years. Without DA, I wouldn’t have had the honor of creating with them and building such wonderful foundations and relationships. I’d be nowhere without them as well.

And while DA didn’t lead all of you to me, it led a very large portion of you! Especially in the early days of my career. My team and I would be nowhere without you. These going on nine years of business would not have happened with you.

So thank you. And thank you, DeviantArt. It’s sad to see what built us disappear, but there is still a road ahead.

That road is not without its trials and tribulations. The actions taken by DA are part of a larger effort to snuff out artists like myself, my team, and my peers in the community. Those actions are compounded by a very difficult world to navigate for almost all people right now.

I am doing my absolute best to make sure we persevere. That may include some growing pains, and I thank you for your patience and continued willingness to support us through these growing pains and through the obstacles we face in the world at large.

This is simply the start of a new chapter for Nyte Comics. I don’t believe it will be the last. With your help, it most certainly won’t be.

If DeviantArt was where you went to stay updated with us, do not fret!

While the easiest way to keep up with what we’re doing is to join our free newsletter, we can be found on many other platforms:

Nyte on Eka’s Portal
Nyte on Pixiv
Nyte on Reddit
Nyte on Twitter/X
Nyte on Newgrounds
Nyte on Hentai Foundry
Nyte on FurAffinity

No matter where you follow Nyte Comics, I’ve got some killer art coming your way.

Farewell, DeviantArt, and thank you for blessing me as you have.

Yours truly,
Nyte
nyte
Somewhat familiar

Re: A statement from Nyte about his DeviantArt ban

Postby IddlerItaler » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:24 pm

Sad yet not surprising. The nuking of Karbo's profile was the writing on the wall that vore artists were no longer welcome on Deviantart - perhaps they were never welcome, but merely tolerated. No matter the truth it does not make your ban, and the erasure of years of posts and comments, any less painful.

You have my sympathies.
IddlerItaler
Somewhat familiar

Postby psychoboy07 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:40 pm

Disappointed but not surprised. Don't know where Eclipse is going with this Moral Guardian BS, but you know I'll have your back as much as possible. Best of luck, buddy, wherever you may go.
psychoboy07
Participator

Postby Eka » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:49 pm

Good luck in the future!
Eka
Administrator

Postby AlphaSaban » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:54 pm

It's just a damn shame you're no longer allowed in AI art land.

Saw my "artists watching" go down by one and it was driving me crazy wondering who it was, so thanks for letting me know who it was! :lol:
AlphaSaban
Somewhat familiar

Postby nyte » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:58 pm

IddlerItaler wrote:Sad yet not surprising. The nuking of Karbo's profile was the writing on the wall that vore artists were no longer welcome on Deviantart - perhaps they were never welcome, but merely tolerated. No matter the truth it does not make your ban, and the erasure of years of posts and comments, any less painful.

You have my sympathies.

It's a bummer, but keeping on keeping on. Thanks for your support!

psychoboy07 wrote:Disappointed but not surprised. Don't know where Eclipse is going with this Moral Guardian BS, but you know I'll have your back as much as possible. Best of luck, buddy, wherever you may go.

I know you do, buddy. Ain't going anywhere yet. :)

Eka wrote:Good luck in the future!

Thanks so much!

AlphaSaban wrote:It's just a damn shame you're no longer allowed in AI art land.

Saw my "artists watching" go down by one and it was driving me crazy wondering who it was, so thanks for letting me know who it was! :lol:

Haha, I gotchu.
nyte
Somewhat familiar

Postby Randomdude5 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

I am on DA, and I noticed that there is a second round of purges in the vore community. There was one in August of last year that got quite a few vore creators, and then some of them came back, and could repost their content again. DA is purging vore again now.

Edit: Here is the link to the thread about DA banning vore creators back in August. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=65752
Last edited by Randomdude5 on Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shhhh!!! Don't say "The emperor has no clothes." it might offend someone.
Randomdude5
Participator

Postby pervside380 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:38 pm

It's not just DA twitter suspended Zapor account just recently
pervside380
Somewhat familiar

Postby KillerZ15 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:15 pm

I'm very sorry it has happened to you too, Nyte, but let this be known: we all here are glad that you will continue to move forward, and we all support you and your team. Keep doing what you love, and push forward.
KillerZ15
New to the forum

Postby nyte » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:42 pm

KillerZ15 wrote:I'm very sorry it has happened to you too, Nyte, but let this be known: we all here are glad that you will continue to move forward, and we all support you and your team. Keep doing what you love, and push forward.

Thank you so much for the support, truly. :) Seeing everyone push for me and my team has been extremely helpful for our spirits.
nyte
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheMightyHQ » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:51 pm

I've noticed several artists has gone from my da watch list, sorry to see this happen to you too :( , don't let it get you down, you're doing a great job, keep doing what you do, we'll all always support you!
TheMightyHQ
Somewhat familiar

Postby chaosvolt » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:05 am

Damn. Did they bother to give an actual reason for it, by any chance?
"Keep one foot in the past, one foot in the future, and your tail wrapped around the present."
http://rp.aryion.com/profile/Chaosvolt
chaosvolt
Been posting for a bit

Postby MiracleTummy7 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:39 pm

I just start to discover your work - it is really great and I hope that you will find a new place. Vore is all about phantasy and seeing great art is wonderful!
MiracleTummy7
New to the forum

Postby SneakyXIV » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:23 pm

They never give ample reason. My first account got banned back in the August wave and they just gave something along the lines of "submission of unacceptable content". I'm kinda expecting to hit again but I don't know where else to post as Eka's sometimes isn't very friendly to photo morphs.
SneakyXIV
New to the forum

Postby Riraito » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:57 pm

SneakyXIV wrote:They never give ample reason. My first account got banned back in the August wave and they just gave something along the lines of "submission of unacceptable content". I'm kinda expecting to hit again but I don't know where else to post as Eka's sometimes isn't very friendly to photo morphs.

You could try Motherless. That’s where I’m currently hosting my photomanips. It’s not the easiest sit to navigate, but you can make galleries on it that you can link to from elsewhere
Riraito
Somewhat familiar

Postby chaosvolt » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:07 pm

Welp, guess it's for the best with how DA has steadily become nothing but where I store my ancient cringe-worthy backstory writing. One of these days I'll revisit them and they'll probably go to being buried in my dropbox with all my worldbuilding writing instead.
"Keep one foot in the past, one foot in the future, and your tail wrapped around the present."
http://rp.aryion.com/profile/Chaosvolt
chaosvolt
Been posting for a bit

Postby RavenousLeona » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:35 pm

Oh, gag me with a spoon. You have your art literally everywhere else, and DA is finally cracking down on the fetish shit. Oh well.
RavenousLeona
Been posting for a bit

Postby Zapor » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:08 pm

Hello there.

Yes... I clearly knew about whole DA situation there. Sgame what AIart git you - from another side, you have a much more opinion when me (Because Twitter also nuked my arts for nothing without any appeal system).

I PERFECTLY know this pain, when you put your soul and 10+ years into your account and BAM - everything is gone. I hate support people (Because they always make a crap in return) , but there a my sweetiest, warmless support for you, Nyte. I seen your comics a many times, and even if they can be not my cup of tea - you always do incredible and very skilled work!
Funny fact:
I completely position myself as vore-artist, but practically ALL commisions which I did are devoted to foot-fetish!
WTF, dudes?! xD
Zapor
Somewhat familiar

Postby Tyva » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:55 am

The vore ban is super sad to see. While not stuff I made/drew, I had a favorites gallery of vore that was mighty impressive, many of your stuff in it, but...It hurts to see it being cut down.

I wish you the absolute best Nyte! I know this wont keep you down!
Tyva
New to the forum

Postby T145 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:07 am

IddlerItaler wrote:Sad yet not surprising. The nuking of Karbo's profile was the writing on the wall that vore artists were no longer welcome on Deviantart - perhaps they were never welcome, but merely tolerated. No matter the truth it does not make your ban, and the erasure of years of posts and comments, any less painful.

You have my sympathies.

Unfortunately, it was definitely more a tolerated thing than not. Possibly it was a side effect of poor tagging/filter processes, or just how DA worked, but it wasn't uncommon for people to associate DA with fetish art, simply because of how often you might look up something innocuous, and have pages upon pages of it.

People knew that they existed, but they were brushed under the rug and put to one side. If you didn't look too hard, you could pretend that they didn't exist.

DA might be looking to change that now, since their management seems to be gearing more towards profitability than not, and fetish content would actively hurt that. They've been leaning quite heavily into AI for quite some time, and it does not take an oracle to see why they might not want prominent and noticeable fetish material to show up in the data sets that they're almost planning to either use themselves to train a generative model, or sell to other companies to train theirs, similar to what Reddit did recently.
T145
Been posting for a bit

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion