Links to some nice Japanese places

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Links to some nice Japanese places

Postby Deathworks » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:50 am

Hi!

I wanted to share some information about one of my favorite places on the internet, "Makai no Furuhonya" ("Used book store of the demon world").

http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/1641108901/

It is a Japanese short story page, so you need optimism and babel fish to work it out (unless you speak Japanese, of course).

Several stories contain vorish themes:
Black Mistress: Unbirthing (soul only - non-fatal - though there is also a sequence where the narrator has an illusion)

Ajisai (sorry, that is some flower the English name of which I have forgotten; Hydrangea?): Unbirthing (fatal; some really wonderful scenes)

Church: Unbirthing (soul only)

Milk: Unbirthing and liquifying (thumbs up)

Cell Phone: Unbirthing and weird kind of cannibalism(?)

Manicure: Unbirthing (temporarily)

White Mermaid: Vore (only mouth, temporarily)

Swamp Girls: Unbirthing and liquifying

I like the way the stories are written, there is often a nice sense of humor (like as in "Milk" where one character compares the incidents to various foreign dishes - incidents like a major defeat of his side in a battle).

The page also features a BBS, so if you like what you read there, you can comment there. The owner is quite friendly.

I also recommend Jelly Flower's place.

http://jellyflower.h.fc2.com/

This is another short story place concentrating on demonic females draining the life force of people with their sperm. There are however, a few vorish/unbirthing stories:

An Indecent Flower: Unbirthing

Poison Shell of Blonde: Vore (? Illusionary)

The lady of the flower of the poison which ripened: Vore and liquifying

The Witch of Honey with Poison: Unbirthing (?)

Amonaite (see The Witch of The Octpus Lady which inhales semen): Unbirthing (fatal; very nice description)

The mother and daughter of Poisonous Spider: Unbirthing

Well, so much for the moment. I hope to add to this list later. Others are welcome to contribute as well, of course.

Deathworks

P.S.: And any comments on these are more than welcome, both on the artists' BBS as well as here giving people a better idea of whether it is worth their while to visit these sites. I mean, just because I like them doesn't mean everyone likes them.
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Postby Eka » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:59 pm

Interesting, I will be sure to check it out later. Thanks!
Eka
Administrator

Postby BradRepko » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:47 pm

The problem with these is the fact that the translators like google and babel fish dont translate very well, so understanding what is going on can be difficult. Is there any way you, or some other person who understands Japanese can translate these for us in English? *sighs* I've wanted to learn Japanese for ages, and this adds another reason.
BradRepko
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Kaoru » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:36 pm

BradRepko wrote:The problem with these is the fact that the translators like google and babel fish dont translate very well, so understanding what is going on can be difficult. Is there any way you, or some other person who understands Japanese can translate these for us in English? *sighs* I've wanted to learn Japanese for ages, and this adds another reason.

I tried to learn Japanese years ago, but none of the courses or software I found helped - I needed real instruction from a real person, which wasn't available.

Even so, as a gift from a teacher many years ago, I have beside me today a romanized English-Japanese dictionary. The problem is...
It's for the spoken word, and English to Japanese means that I'd have to know a word in the first place to find out how to say it! No help with translating stories, unfortunately.
"It is better to die for an idea that will live, than to live for an idea that will die." ~ Steve Biko
And Now Whatever Way Our Stories End, I Know You Have Re-Written Mine - By Being My Friend.
-To Paul
Kaoru
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby rv » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:12 am

Wow, haven't seen you for a while, hi. Reminds me I should get back into drawing if I'm into it...:) Stories though eh? I got used to "guessing" how it should be said from them translation site things.
rv
Somewhat familiar

Japanese

Postby Deathworks » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:22 am

Hi!

Learning to understand Japanese isn't that difficult. The grammar is very easy and always gets back to the same basic forms, so no endless tables to memorize as in French. I can only encourage those who consider giving it a try.

As for translations, please understand that I already am incapable of doing all the projects I would like to do at the speed I would like to do. Thus, I am sorry, but I would rather not bog things down by doing translations.

About the computer translations: Yeah, they really suck, I know. But this is mainly because Japanese is context-based: In order to have a grammatically correct and complete sentence all you need is a verb or a real adjective. Everything else is optional. Because of this, subject and object of a sentence are often omitted. To make matters worse, the verb doesn't care what the subject or object are, so you can't use it to figure things out as is the case in Latin.

If you keep this in mind, you can compensate a bit of computer translations: If there is an "I", "you", "he", "she", or "it", always be wary of it. It could be that no subject is mentioned in the sentence and the translator just extrapolated it. So, it could be a case of the wrong object or subject. Marking for plural is not necessary in most cases, so check singulars if they make more sense being plurals.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Postby V » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:23 am

Japanese, as a language, isnt that hard overall if you compare it to other languages. But KANJI are another story. I can handle katakana and hiragana, but kanji are evil spawns of hell.
V
Somewhat familiar

Learning Kanji is tough, but still

Postby Deathworks » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:10 am

Hi!

I have to admit that learning kanji is tough. But the again, it is quite nice that you can distinguish the content words from the grammar words at first sight.

Anyhow, I forgot to mention something else that may come in handy:

ftp://ftp.cc.monash.edu.au/pub/nihongo/00INDEX.html

That's the Monash Nihongo ftp archive. At that site at the Australian Monash university, you can get quite some useful freeware and shareware goodies for you Japanese language requirements. My favorite is JWPCE, a word processor, which I use for code conversion and also for its dictionary function.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Postby BradRepko » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:39 pm

Ok, I downloaded JWPCE, now how do I convert the text to english so I can read it?
BradRepko
Advanced Vorarephile

I am sorry

Postby Deathworks » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:31 am

Hi!

I am really sorry, Bradley, but you have misunderstood me. I said code conversion and not translation. When dealing with Japanese, there are several ways to encode text as opposed to the fairly universal set of the first 128 ASCII chars. There is EUC, JIS, Shift-JIS, and one or two others. If your software doesn't recognize the code or chooses the wrong one, you only get garbage.

I am sorry to have gotten your hopes high. But if you have JWPCE, at least you have the dictionary of it with which you can check at least single words, which may help you with orientation in menues and simple texts.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Re: I am sorry

Postby Duamutef » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:33 pm

Heh...we Yanks suck at learning new languages. We have to go out of our way to even do it and there aren't always good methods available...

I've thought about learning Japanese or Chinese. Japanese because it would be useful, and Chinese mostly because of Firefly. :oops: My brain has already done the toddler thing and started making up babble that sounds Chinese, which suggests it would readily accept the language (I started picking up random words when I was watching House of Flying Daggers, too) but unfortunately learning Chinese would ultimately be kind of useless. (Unless there's an American market for Chinese-speaking computer nerds...)

Whereas if I learned Japanese I could read Japanese vore stories and post piccies on their message boards! And post my stories in Japanese, where they'd say "No offence, Tsamuteru-san, but is Japanese your second language?" and I'd say "Hell yeah!"

It would take quite a lot of experience before I could develop the Japanese articulacy that I possess in English, but if I spent enough time reading japanese smut, maybe I could pull it off...

...But first I'd have to take a class or three. :roll:
Duamutef
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MaxTwenty / ILAV » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:58 pm

Is there actually a way to say "tsa" in japanese? I've only ever seen usage of "tsu", all else being like "ta", "te", etc.
MaxTwenty / ILAV

Postby Duamutef » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:49 am

MaxTwenty / ILAV wrote:Is there actually a way to say "tsa" in japanese? I've only ever seen usage of "tsu", all else being like "ta", "te", etc.

Hell if I know. Everything I know about Japanese I learned from playing L5R. But I think we can agree either way that "Duamutef" would still be hard as hell to translate into Japanese.
Duamutef
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby V » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:54 am

but unfortunately learning Chinese would ultimately be kind of useless.

Considering China's rise in the world as of late, Mandarin might be a useful language to pickup ;)

Is there actually a way to say "tsa" in japanese? I've only ever seen usage of "tsu", all else being like "ta", "te", etc.

The T is somewhat silent in Tsu (When pronounced, it's kinda like you're letting air out of a tire...sssSu). What word are you trying to say that you think you'd need a Tsa sound for?
V
Somewhat familiar

Postby Duamutef » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:35 am

The T is somewhat silent in Tsu (When pronounced, it's kinda like you're letting air out of a tire...sssSu). What word are you trying to say that you think you'd need a Tsa sound for?

The phonetic translation of Duamutef, of course. (I'm assuming there are no D sounds in Japanese. Though I suppose I don't actually know. I've just never seen one.)
Duamutef
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Chaos » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:48 am

I just tried to read one of these stories using babel fish and it made as much sense as it did in Japanese. Everything sounds like random words pieced together to make sentences. Is there a better program out there to read this or am I stuck with ether this confusing collection of random sentences?
Chaos
The 19th Angel

Postby Kaede » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:19 am

No D sounds in Japanese!? How would you say Domo Arigato? The best you can do for Duamutef is Do-a-mu-te-fu or どあむてふ in hiragana or ドアムテフ in katakana. That's about the extent of my Japanese though.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
Боже мой! У меня топор в головe
Kaede
Somewhat familiar

Answers

Postby Deathworks » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:51 am

Hi!

Chaos: I am sorry, but given that I understand the language, I don't know details about translation programs.

I already mentioned some of the basic things you should look out for: Personal pronouns have a high tendency to be wrong because they are often not needed and thus not given in Japanese. Plural is often not marked for proper nouns. Instead of 'You', the name of the person addressed is often used. Children, especially girls, may also use their own name to refer to themselves.

The main verb/main adjective comes at the end of a Japanese sentence. Sub clauses come before the main clause. Relative clauses are put directly in front of the word they relate to.

'I saw the man who was walking to the cinema ' would be structured like this: 'I cinema-to walk man-obj saw.' In a realistic example, you can bet the 'I' would not be there, unless it was stressed or something, so the sentence would probably be 'cinema-to walk man-obj saw.' This actually marks another problem a computer translation can face: there is no mandatory marking of relative clauses by commata, so if you have a relative clause and main clause with many objects, it may become difficult to see which object belongs to which verb.

At first it may be a nightmare, but over time, you should get somehow get used to the most common errors.

I suggest that , for practice you try "Cousin's punishment", the story to which the illustrations in the following thread belong:

http://aryion.com/modules.php?name=Foru ... opic&t=498

I gave a synopsis of the plot and a link to the homepage where you can get it, so you can have it babel fished and then see in what ways that differs from what I have been talking about. (I gave the synopsis from memory, so one or two details may be a bit off)

As far as I know, 'T' in 'Tsu' is alive and well. Anyway, if you wanted to write 'Duamutef', modern spellings might be DOuAMUTEFU or DEyuAMUTEFU depending on the pronunciation of the first 'u'.. At least that would be my guesses.

A-I-U-E-O
KA-KI-KU-KE-KO
SA-SHI-SU-SE-SO
TA-CHI-TSU-TE-TO
NA-NI-NU-NE-NO
HA-HI-FU-HE-HO
MA-MI-MU-ME-MO
YA--YU--YO
RA-RI-RU-RE-RO
WA----O
N

That's the Japanese alphabet. It allows for the following changes:
KA-KI-KU-KE-KO -> GA-GI-GU-GE-GO
SA-SHI-SU-SE-SO -> ZA-JI-ZU-ZE-ZO
TA-CHI-TSU-TE-TO -> DA-JI-ZU-DE-DO
HA-HI-FU-HE-HO -> BA-BI-BU-BE-BO
HA-HI-FU-HE-HO -> PA-PI-PU-PE-PO

there are also a few things done with small characters,
tsu marking a glottal stop
and ya-yu-yo following anything from the I-collumn are use to build things like the kyo in Tokyo (TOUKIyoU)

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Return to General Vore Discussion